TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA MSA GT Endurance Series - General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA MSA GT Endurance Series - General Discussion - Page 10 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA MSA GT Endurance Series - General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA MSA GT Endurance Series - General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA MSA GT Endurance Series - General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA MSA GT Endurance Series - General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA MSA GT Endurance Series - General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA MSA GT Endurance Series - General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA MSA GT Endurance Series - General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA MSA GT Endurance Series - General Discussion

+75
AdamWatson99
ATR DAN
JAMIE ANDERS0N
Davey UK
Amarth
MotoYeti
WhoIsJohn117
big dj210
Mrbrown33
CQR Deuce
CQR Jono
CQR D4N13L
CQR Shifty
Ax4x Bandit
theboomeranga
SilvRsteeD
EMW Takum1
RRC Claim
Driftollie
CRA Leceur
Red Dirt Bandit
BG Wingnut396
F4H bandicoot
Markius Fox
BG Wumba
ll Taku ll
DTR Rock
Graftersroom
Hainesy
TPR b0x
wood53y
CQR Cobblepop
CredibleWizard
Ax4x Cowboy
BalmierPie671
CreamyTastey
HCR generaltso
Bob Dixon 76
Matt
Standaman94
Hailfire97x
HLR Guru
tsaFooT
F4H Carrera
RW26 BLAZE
LMR Mopar
F4H Bullet
Richy59
SnippetyOggy86
MGR Taeatua
VVV GunDaM
Ax4x Chaddy
Adder 020
LastNewtStandin
MAJ0R LAZER
XXX Skyrocket
ShrinkingSteven
ElderadoLXXXII
Diablo 29x
Ax4x Kane
TG Wormburner
F4H Lotterer
RumbleBee 392
F4H Drake
Beanz
IBlueIJaBBRexI
CQR HABURi
TG Axiom
TfR Milton
Racert46
CQR Rogue
CQR Aero
Wooflers
XPR Roadrunner
Biggsy tv
79 posters

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

TORA MSA GT Endurance Series - General Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: TORA MSA GT Endurance Series - General Discussion

Post by Adder 020 Sat 29 Dec 2012 - 18:08

CQR Aero wrote:
JamesHall94 wrote:Chris I have sent you over both the GT and the Enduro designs. there are diffrent colour wing mirrors and sunstrip striped, this is for driver identification and it goes like this,,

Green - JamesHall94
Blue - AdamWatson99
Yellow - STR Wolfgang
Red - CD 195

Thanks mate. Will start putting the SG together in the next couple of days. Just been snowed under with work, family and decorating (never let your significant other know that you're taking a vacation. She will take that "free time" and write you a lovely "jobs list"!! Sad

You're still in level 1 then.... Wink
I am much further, screwing up the jobs she wants you to do, free time looking bored, allways saying that she can go shopping with girlfriends ( yes, it will cost you money but see it as buying game time.... Wink )

Adder 020

TORA Race Number : 16
Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2012-05-16

Back to top Go down

TORA MSA GT Endurance Series - General Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: TORA MSA GT Endurance Series - General Discussion

Post by Adder 020 Sun 30 Dec 2012 - 12:28

CMGraphix wrote:Yes indeed there will be a lobby offset for lower lobbies and many thanks for pointing this out, I didn't realise it was missing. I will add this when I can

I know your on a holiday but I cant find it that it might have been changed....

EDIT: read it back, sorry for for my impatience....(again)

Adder 020

TORA Race Number : 16
Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2012-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ElderadoLXXXII Mon 31 Dec 2012 - 22:38

Question, I will out for the March 3rd race due to my obligation to the Air National Guard. I saw that we have an allotted 2 subs for the season. What I'm wondering is does the sub have to be someone through TORA or can it be someone that I may know, say from my Car Club? Also what's the process for having a substitution?
ElderadoLXXXII
ElderadoLXXXII

TORA Race Number : 366
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Mon 31 Dec 2012 - 23:01

They may have to be apart of TORA, but just announce it that your friend will sub for you and either you will post in for him or he will have to post in as a sub for you.
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3126
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Tue 1 Jan 2013 - 0:55

It'd probably make life a lot easier if you point them over here so they can set up a forum account, and also point them at the rulebook so they know what to expect. Wink
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ElderadoLXXXII Tue 1 Jan 2013 - 16:54

OK, that's what I figured, sounds like a pretty easy process. Thank you, gents!
ElderadoLXXXII
ElderadoLXXXII

TORA Race Number : 366
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooflers Tue 1 Jan 2013 - 18:02

I'm waiting for someone to make a typo:

Bli33ard's mind wrote:Aero I have sent you my pants
Wooflers
Wooflers

TORA Race Number : 740
Number of posts : 2026
Registration date : 2011-12-04

http://www.koneball.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SnippetyOggy86 Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 7:00

Does anybody know how the GT4 cars will be spread through the lobbies? as they are greatly outnumbered by GT3 cars.
SnippetyOggy86
SnippetyOggy86

TORA Race Number : 328
Number of posts : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by BalmierPie671 Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 8:07

I have had the same reflection.

Wouldn’t it be best to have the classes in separate lobbies?

I really would like to have the two classes racing together, but with the current distribution it will either be one or two GT4 cars in each lobby or some lobbies without GT4 cars at all. It’s a choice between boring racing for the GT4 guys or unfair competition for the GT3 drivers that have GT4 cars to worry about in their lobbies.

I know it’s too late to change at this stage, but maybe the Endurance races should have a more restricted car allowance for the GT3 class in the future. I think the recent Nürburgring race had a decent spread between the classes.
BalmierPie671
BalmierPie671

TORA Race Number : 65
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2012-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Racert46 Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 8:39

SnippetyOggy86 wrote:Does anybody know how the GT4 cars will be spread through the lobbies? as they are greatly outnumbered by GT3 cars.

I was wondering about the same thing, around 28 GT4 entery's and 101 GT3....

If everbody shows up their will be 129/14= 9 lobbies or 129/12= 11 lobbies

So take best case 9 lobbies 28 gt4's / 9 lobbies = 3 gt4 cars in a lobby and 11 GT3's

You will be racing against 2 other cars for 105 min...... Shocked affraid

If this is really what their are planning the for the GT4's they will have a hard time keeping people driving the slower classes in upcomming events. Hello
Racert46
Racert46

TORA Race Number : 46
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 8:46

^^^^ think you all maybe jumping the gun a little
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Racert46 Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 8:47

Explain?
Racert46
Racert46

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 8:49

Lobby split still needs to TBC yes Simon and Chis have seen your concerns so they will work out an appropriate lobby split for the best racing so saying people will leave is jumping the gun a little Hello Hello

Last edited by SelectiveRogue on Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 8:51; edited 1 time in total
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Racert46 Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 8:50

Thank you for your reply.

Just sharing my toughts about this matter.
Racert46
Racert46

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Cowboy Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 8:51

You can have good racing between 3 balanced cars running roughly the same times. The Omni/Civic/Golf in the Britcar 24hr Lobby A should be proof of this?
Ax4x Cowboy
Ax4x Cowboy

TORA Race Number : 259
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 960
Registration date : 2012-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Racert46 Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 9:20

Of course this can happen but this is not always the case and you are talking about some very skilled drivers in A lobby.

Remember that their are lesser driving gods here at TORA as well and they also want to have good racing and more cars means more change to battle.

But i get your point.
Racert46
Racert46

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Tue 8 Jan 2013 - 9:36

We tend to try and distribute the classes evenly. It is multi-class racing, so won't be seperated into GT3 and GT4 lobbies.

I'd be surprised (pleasantly) if all the GT3 entrants turned up to race at the same time, so the odds will narrow a little.

As proved by our Formula 500 final (see TORA TV) you don't need a huge field to have an exciting race, but I would expect there to be around 5 GT4s and 8-9 GT3s in a lobby, again, wholely dependant on who turns up to race!
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CredibleWizard Wed 9 Jan 2013 - 0:07

Bit of a change of subject, but ideally how many laps should I be doing before I need to be thinking of pitting, I know it goes off tyre wear, but I am wondering if maybe my tyre wear is good/ bad as I don't really know.
CredibleWizard
CredibleWizard

TORA Race Number : 67
Wii Xbox One

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2012-07-11

http://craracing.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Cowboy Wed 9 Jan 2013 - 2:01

At about 5% wear per lap then 12 laps will get you to about 60% which is where the tyres really start to degrade a lot.

12 laps should equate to about 18 minutes of hard racing which should be about 5 stops for the race distance.

However, be prepared to pit early for position, to repair damage or stay out an extra couple of laps per stint to cut the number of stops to 4.

Strategy will depend as much on what happens in the race as the prep you do before it.
Ax4x Cowboy
Ax4x Cowboy

TORA Race Number : 259
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 960
Registration date : 2012-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Wed 9 Jan 2013 - 2:08

I found that the under cut works but pitting early to get ahead could cost you later on.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by CredibleWizard Wed 9 Jan 2013 - 9:22

Defconluke wrote:At about 5% wear per lap then 12 laps will get you to about 60% which is where the tyres really start to degrade a lot.

12 laps should equate to about 18 minutes of hard racing which should be about 5 stops for the race distance.

However, be prepared to pit early for position, to repair damage or stay out an extra couple of laps per stint to cut the number of stops to 4.

Strategy will depend as much on what happens in the race as the prep you do before it.

Right cool, thanks for that. I think I am looking ok with tyre wear, but i do need to put some more long runs in just to be sure Smile
CredibleWizard
CredibleWizard

Wii Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Wed 9 Jan 2013 - 10:04

Every car should be pretty close in terms of tyre wear, its about how long each driver wants to stay on a certain set of tyres. A car of say 5% wear can be close to 10secs a lap faster than a car with 75-80% wear.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by CredibleWizard Wed 9 Jan 2013 - 10:14

I guess I need to figure out what I am most comfortable with in terms what how long i want my stints to be as you say.

I have a little problem in that I am not entirely consistent with my laptimes like some, so it may take me a few laps more than most to realise it's my tyres as opposed to me botching corners up! but practice will remedy this over time i hope!

Thanks for the advice Very Happy
CredibleWizard
CredibleWizard

Wii Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by HLR Guru Wed 9 Jan 2013 - 11:40

your first stint on drag tyres is critical if you can get say 1 or 2 laps extra out of your tyres you just help yourself out when it comes to that final third of the race.

be interesting to see how many stops people are planning and if a certain car is alot better on tyres

HLR Guru

TORA Race Number : 464
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2012-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Cobblepop Wed 9 Jan 2013 - 12:35

Whilst we're on the subject of pitstops, It crossed my mind that due to the increased amount of traffic there could be a minor issue when a GT3 and GT4 happen to make a stop at the same time.

Rather appropriately, Sunset gives us the best example of this due to it's long pit entry. So, my concern is that if a GT3 car wishes to make a stop and finds himself directly behind a GT4 car doing the same thing, will it be the case that the GT3 car will be forced to remain behind the slower GT4 car for the length of the pit lane entry?

As I suspect this will indeed be the case, it will be worth noting how long the pit lane entries are for each circuit and will definitely be something for the GT3 cars to watch out for.
CQR Cobblepop
CQR Cobblepop

TORA Race Number : 963
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2012-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next