TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
American Sports Car Championship - General Chat - Page 14 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
American Sports Car Championship - General Chat - Page 14 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
American Sports Car Championship - General Chat - Page 14 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
American Sports Car Championship - General Chat - Page 14 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
American Sports Car Championship - General Chat - Page 14 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
American Sports Car Championship - General Chat - Page 14 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
American Sports Car Championship - General Chat - Page 14 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
American Sports Car Championship - General Chat - Page 14 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
American Sports Car Championship - General Chat - Page 14 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

American Sports Car Championship - General Chat

+88
V12 JoSe FoRZa
Ax4x Chaddy
EZT MAKO 6669
LMR DarthMario
Jack Coffey
THR Flipmode
isyoube
DOR ForlornBear
Dr BecKx
shuyindvk
HCR ChicaiN
skwiggly z
FIA Jose Team
El Pappa6390
LZR ForceOne
SGR RennBear
GriffusMaximus
SFM Cowmaster
henkymetcola
SFM Darkzer
HCR Carlson
CTM AnonCaliga
Ax4x Mikey J
Euphoric Blaze
LSEM BIGMAN
XRS RoberAstur
SVR Carried
Capirossi22
MrCorrosive10
Veloce Virus
SVR NO MERCY
xVampirAx
HCCR Rabidus
mrstepanov
HCR Motorhead
SVR Solar
DKBoostin
HCR generaltso
SFM SKYACTIV
Dragonsyoung
Jan Filip S
some evil dude
PTG Baby Cow
Nick Totten
ATP Rage
Bruins5729
DOR keithn222
Blacky Mojo
VPR Torque
IlBased
PRT RaCeR
LMP Grizz
GTDon2
Foreu2env
Zabbzi
Joito04
TPR Zermatt
Diablo 29x
BigBen13x
echovelocity
Gixer916er
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
RBR Venom
ShrinkingSteven
Windcharger8199
Richy59
WELL DONE BAKU
LZR Harmonic
Amarth
SGR Amber
Vice255
AdamWatson99
MID LAND ZETA
MaynardMK4
PROD DTechR
Miiraki
DDM Driv3
xebot360
LMP Riptide
STR stug77
THR WildWin7
theboomeranga
Matt
ESV Moshys
Freheliaz
GTR Widowed
EagleEye
Radiation Louis
92 posters

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

American Sports Car Championship - General Chat - Page 14 Empty Re: American Sports Car Championship - General Chat

Post by WELL DONE BAKU Sun 4 Jun 2017 - 23:36

"isyoube"instead of lobby hosts making up the rules as we go - which seems to be the standard in all TORA lobbies.
American Sports Car Championship - General Chat - Page 14 Youre-gonna-have-a-bad-time-southpark-ski-instructor
WELL DONE BAKU
WELL DONE BAKU

TORA Race Number : 65
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2016-04-20

Back to top Go down

American Sports Car Championship - General Chat - Page 14 Empty Re: American Sports Car Championship - General Chat

Post by Diablo 29x Sun 4 Jun 2017 - 23:46

If people are stopping on track, they're doing it wrong.

This is IN the rules (applies to hosts as well) that when the time runs to 2:00, the lead prototype driver finishes the lap they're on and stops in T1. The rest of the pack follows suit, stops in order, and the host takes down the results. Lobby 1 has had zero issue with this through 4 rounds.

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by isyoube Mon 5 Jun 2017 - 1:28

So in the future, if I'm in one of these lobbies where the host says stop on track, and I pass everybody, I won't be DQed and Whatever position I finish in from this is upheld - in sprint races only? Just want complete clarity.
isyoube
isyoube

TORA Race Number : 998
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2016-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM Darkzer Mon 5 Jun 2017 - 2:39

isyoube, follow the series rules and there will not be problems. Stop being dense.
SFM Darkzer
SFM Darkzer

TORA Race Number : 923
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 6463
Registration date : 2016-10-15

https://www.reddit.com/user/Sindroome24

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr BecKx Mon 5 Jun 2017 - 2:43

>mfw Reading this thread

Dr BecKx

TORA Race Number : 22
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2016-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Mon 5 Jun 2017 - 13:47

@Darkzer That wasn't necessary.

@Isyoube The host would be wrong, and you need to correct them. The end of race procedure is explicitly laid out in the rules and regs, so I have no idea why this was done incorrectly. I'll have to speak with all future hosts and make sure they know what they're doing.

Diablo 29x

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by isyoube Mon 5 Jun 2017 - 18:03

And not being dense, I just want complete clarification going forward, so if a lobby host is wrong, and there are 2 different reactions in the lobby - do we follow what the lobby host says is correct or do we do what is actually correct and continue through, and argue it out later? I don't want to be penalized or reprimanded for not doing it correctly, whichever is to be followed and is correct at that time.

It's like real track days when you're told something is correct by the head instructor in the class room, but when you're behind the wheel you must obey 100% what the intructor says in car with you, whether they're right or wrong.

Just looking for proper procedure for actual in lobby obeying?
isyoube
isyoube

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Mon 5 Jun 2017 - 18:59

I get your question, no worries.

What I will be doing for Road America is to ensure that all hosts know EXACTLY what the procedure is, so that this situation where a driver knows the rules and the host doesn't, doesn't happen.

If it does... Follow the rules, and remind everyone beforehand of this conversation Laughing

Diablo 29x

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by isyoube Mon 5 Jun 2017 - 21:01

Copy that and thank you for clarification.
isyoube
isyoube

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by LSEM BIGMAN Wed 7 Jun 2017 - 10:13

I know this is early, but for the week at VIR, are we separating the GT and prototypes like WeatherTech for hazard reasons, or keeping the mix? I know they don't run prototypes, but am curious.
LSEM BIGMAN
LSEM BIGMAN

TORA Race Number : 193
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Wed 7 Jun 2017 - 12:01

Intention is to run them together. I don't think it'll be any different than running at Road Atlanta.

It will be crucial for that round to have 16 drivers per lobby though. Communication will be paramount.

Diablo 29x

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by THR Flipmode Sat 10 Jun 2017 - 0:38

Your fine Echo, I don't remember the contact but it was a great race indeed. No matter what occurred it did not impact my result. I finished where I deserved.

Can't wait till the next round.
THR Flipmode
THR Flipmode

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2016-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by CTM AnonCaliga Sun 25 Jun 2017 - 20:27

Has invites gone out yet for lobby 3 race? Sitting waiting and nothing received as yet, live timing doesn't even tell us who the lobby host is supposed to be!!!
CTM AnonCaliga
CTM AnonCaliga

TORA Race Number : 360
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1173
Registration date : 2013-11-12

http://CTechMotorsport.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by SFM Darkzer Sun 25 Jun 2017 - 21:34

Disconnected from lead of B lobby at Road America. Do I get points for the back of B or how does that work?
SFM Darkzer
SFM Darkzer

TORA Race Number : 923
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 6463
Registration date : 2016-10-15

https://www.reddit.com/user/Sindroome24

Back to top Go down

Post by LSEM BIGMAN Sun 25 Jun 2017 - 22:48

Since there were a few of you that disconnected, whoever was the first to disconnect gets last for B lobby, the next gets second to last, and so forth.
LSEM BIGMAN
LSEM BIGMAN

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Sun 25 Jun 2017 - 23:02

um, no, that's not how it works.

Lagouts are DNF's, so they are classified behind all drivers who finished, i.e., back of the pack.

Diablo 29x

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by LSEM BIGMAN Sun 25 Jun 2017 - 23:04

My apologies for the misinformation
LSEM BIGMAN
LSEM BIGMAN

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Sun 25 Jun 2017 - 23:52

Let officials and staff explain things to kill the spread of fake news.
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Coffey Mon 26 Jun 2017 - 0:23

not the best driving standards today in A lobby......

Jack Coffey

TORA Race Number : 7
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2016-02-29

http://www.newnancc.org/Tennis/Tennis-Dress-Code

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Mon 26 Jun 2017 - 0:35

gutted i had to make a 5th pit stop 1 minute/lap before the end. my 2nd pit was unscheduled due to damage which put me in a bind from then on.

Ran today as a test to see what my carpel tunnel can handle, and today's race seemed to pass that test (now the question lies in whether I can handle multiple stints of similar length)
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by CTM AnonCaliga Mon 26 Jun 2017 - 0:42

Regarding people giving out the wrong information about the rules of the series, pit stops allowed, race end time, race end procedure and everything else between... why doesn't everyone that is taking part in the series take fifteen minutes to go read and understand the actual series rules supplied by TORA for each series/event? I really don't understand why so many people have so many variations on what is or isn't allowed, read the damn series rules and regs people.

I heard a host recently tell a lobby that were racing GT class that if they took their 4th pit stop by such and such time they wouldn't make it to the end of the race... WTF?!?!
You ARE allowed to pit more than four times, you must however just make sure that you have made all of your four GT class mandatory pit stops by a set time. Once you have completed your four stops you can still pit afterwards.
CTM AnonCaliga
CTM AnonCaliga

TORA Race Number : 360
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1173
Registration date : 2013-11-12

http://CTechMotorsport.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ShrinkingSteven Mon 26 Jun 2017 - 8:52

Question.

How come Calson raiders still gets P6 in class when he stopped at the side of the track for about 25mins to go after he removed himself from the genepool trying to lap a Porsche on the outside of the kink?

Just curious that's all because if I find myself in a position where I can't get any better than last in lobby i would park it with 90mins to go and still beat everyone in lower lobbies? Seems odd if you ask me.
ShrinkingSteven
ShrinkingSteven

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 Mon 26 Jun 2017 - 9:28

These events are scored by distance driven, are they not? Seems pretty simple then, he still drove farther than those scored below him.
EZT MAKO 6669
EZT MAKO 6669

TORA Race Number : 163
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 4313
Registration date : 2014-08-05

http://www.eztmotorsport.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Carlson Mon 26 Jun 2017 - 10:12

First off, I lapped that Porsche cleanly just after the kink, not through it, and he then drifted over into me and spun me.

Afterwords, my pit menu decided to hang around after I exited, so unless you think it would have been better for me to try and race blind, I figured stopping and hanging around until the finish was the safest option.
HCR Carlson
HCR Carlson

TORA Race Number : 727
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 514
Registration date : 2014-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR Amber Mon 26 Jun 2017 - 10:14

ShrinkingSteven wrote:Question.

How come Calson  raiders still gets P6 in class when he stopped at the side of the track for about 25mins to go after he removed himself from the genepool trying to lap a Porsche on the outside of the kink?

Just curious that's all because if I find myself in a position where I can't get any better than last in lobby i would park it with 90mins to go and still beat everyone in lower lobbies? Seems odd if you ask me.

What actually occurred was when he pitted for the damage, the game glitched and put the pit info screen permanently on, despite him being out of the pit lane. this did not fix after he drove an entire lap nearly blind on one side of the track just to pit and see if it would disappear. This is the second time I've seen/heard of this glitch happen since LM24.

Secondly, there is no lagout rule nor prescribed distance which must be covered to maintain a lobby position. This does NOT, however, mean you may sit trackside for a whole event because you do not wish to go any further. This was a case of the driver not continuing on safety grounds.
SGR Amber
SGR Amber

TORA Race Number : 100
PC Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next