TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 30 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 30 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 30 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 30 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 30 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 30 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 30 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 30 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 30 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed

+34
Stonewall458
CQR The Butcher
F4H Bullet
VVV Grimm
Biggsy tv
JeffH16
i redbeard
AAR PacMan
CQR Senna
narboza22
VVV GunDaM
its troff
Crisis Nine
AMR of the Apex
JAMIE ANDERS0N
Bob Dixon 76
TG Wormburner
ATR DAN
ART Carrera
F4H Carrera
XTI Avenger
Pebb
LMR DarthMario
AMR JSlim
Radiation Louis
ckBrenneke
Ax4x Chaddy
HCR generaltso
CQR Rogue
CQR Aero
Matt
Richy59
nickyf1
lfcnicklfc
38 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 30 Empty Re: Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed

Post by narboza22 Tue 5 Apr 2011 - 2:14

Richy wrote:....I think some members know this quite well but TORA is largely a Forza userbase. It's not that TORA consists of Forza "fanboys" but we started racing on Forza and have continued to love the game as the years have gone on. Key to that is the fact that we all have Xboxes on here and that is a big part of the reason we have such a strong Forza memberbase. We want to try new things and this year we are running our F1 series on F1 2010 and we will be running a Shift 2 series throughout the summer on a Tuesday. If it proved to be a complete flop we will still be finishing the season. We still have the ISCC on Forza and the Summer GT will be run on Forza. After the Shift 2 Tuesday series is finished we will be making a return to Forza for the Touring Cars once again. We are not leaving the game and there is still plenty of choice available to those who don't want to race on anything but Forza....

What time on Tuesdays would this run?
narboza22
narboza22

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2011-03-03

Back to top Go down

Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 30 Empty Re: Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed

Post by Richy59 Tue 5 Apr 2011 - 2:33

8pm GMT
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Tue 5 Apr 2011 - 2:41

I'm with general.. On May 1st if there is no patch my game will be sitting on a Gamestop shelf used and I'll be done with it.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by narboza22 Tue 5 Apr 2011 - 3:25

Richy wrote:8pm GMT

That's noon in California Sad Guess I won't be taking part in that.
narboza22
narboza22

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Tue 5 Apr 2011 - 3:37

24 different GT1 liveris and 29 different GT3 liveries.... Spa 24 anyone?
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

TORA Race Number : 61
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 5111
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by narboza22 Tue 5 Apr 2011 - 4:32

Can you make it change from day to night in race? I've only seen the option to make it be day or night.
narboza22
narboza22

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Tue 5 Apr 2011 - 4:39

no unfortunatly you cant so i was thinking 24 laps at night and 24 durring the day, treat the transition like it's a safety car.
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by narboza22 Tue 5 Apr 2011 - 4:42

Oh, duh, my brain is in GT5 mode because I'm B spec grinding and for some reason I thought you were talking about 24 straight hour race.
narboza22
narboza22

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Tue 5 Apr 2011 - 4:46

oh lol no unfortunatly we can only have up to 25 laps in a race online so would have to do it that way.
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Tue 5 Apr 2011 - 8:38

Surely it's 8 pm BST now?
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Tue 5 Apr 2011 - 8:43

simonbiggs wrote:...the way Chris phrased it seemed a bit big headed and just didn't care.

Very much not the case.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 5 Apr 2011 - 8:50

Not the case!!

Someone just expressed an opinion. And with the post above you have failed to recognise how your opinion has been perceived and then rubbished their view.

They have stated something, in a nice way, that IS how they have taken it.

I hope by the above you meant, "Sorry, was not my intention to come across this way. I meant what you expressed." or something along those lines instead of dismissing out of hand and completely ignoring a valid interpretation of your words.

Back to top Go down

Post by ckBrenneke Tue 5 Apr 2011 - 9:00

My tuppence worth.

I liked Shift 1, but hated the drifting. Yet to encounter the drifting in Shift 2, but I am thoroughly enjoying the game.

In terms of the controls, I find it very similar to the way games like Race and rFactor play on the PC. The cars feel like they are grippy yet on the verge of losing control. I have to say I have had very little problem driving the cars in it, so far. While I understand that some people are having difficulty adapting to Shift's control style, there are others who have taken to it completely, and I probably count myself one of the latter.

I have never been particularly quick at Forza, I feel more like a gentleman racer out to run my own race at times, even though I pick up the odd win here or there. But recently we've been trying to pick up other platforms to run on away from Forza. It's stale, to be frank.

I've personally been hosting lobbies of rFactor on the PC, running Touring Car Legends and BTCC mods, and I find that over the tracks we've run I am quite quick against my Forza peers. I find myself quick again running on Shift 2, thanks to the Autolog system, and at least on par with most of the others racing on it.

I've never been able to pinpoint why I can't find that extra pace in Forza that I can get in other games, but I think Shift 2 may have answered it for me. I think it is simply down to the handling and physics modelling of the cars. I have better natural affinity with the way the cars handle in games like Shift 2 and rFactor than I do with Gran Turismo or Forza Motorsport.

Anyway, I think the point that I am trying to make is that, as Richy pointed out previously, we began as a Forza-based community, which is something we have clung to for too long, as it has hamstrung us as much as it has propelled us. We are looking for new avenues to broaden our range and appeal, and running one of our premier series on this new game will help us do that.

Quite looking forward to it personally.
ckBrenneke
ckBrenneke

Number of posts : 3856
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Tue 5 Apr 2011 - 9:04

For goodness sake, why must everything I type be taken as a slap in the face of the community?

My meaning of the original statement was

"The series will as far as I know (I am not the series captain, Richy is and he has the final say) be going ahead on Shift 2. I have heard the mixed opinions on the handling, and we understand that people do HAVE issues, however those members of the TORA staff who I have spoken to, as well as some of the other members DO NOT have these issues, and as we are not experiencing them, are having difficulty in understanding what the cause of the problem is for these other members."

My response to "big headed and doesn't care" being "very much not the case" meant

"It is very much not the case that I don't care".

It can also be interpreted as "this comment was very much not meant to sound big headed or that I don't care"

I'm at work, and sometimes write short responses. Short, not rude, or unclear.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 5 Apr 2011 - 9:35

Chris wrote:For goodness sake, why must everything I type be taken as a slap in the face of the community?

Maybe, and only a suggestion here, turn that question back at yourself. There must be a reason. Probably wording.

Chris wrote:I'm at work, and sometimes write short responses. Short, not rude, or unclear.

If the above were true, you wouldn't be writing this I feel. Again, only an opinion. Trying to help, not cause issues.

Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Tue 5 Apr 2011 - 9:37

You're probably right Matt, but I do feel that some members are more pre-disposed towards hurling harsh comments, and it wears a bit thin after a while when you're in a "position of power" where you're expected to just silently take it, or come up with some magic response that is so perfectly worded that it cures cancer or solves world peace.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Tue 5 Apr 2011 - 10:09

CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Tue 5 Apr 2011 - 12:13

Mr Rado forgot to add that if your pants are the colour of chocolate mousse you've probably overdone it.
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Tue 5 Apr 2011 - 13:27