TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA GP General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA GP General Discussion - Page 4 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA GP General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA GP General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA GP General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA GP General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA GP General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA GP General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA GP General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA GP General Discussion

+26
SFM Benedict
CreamyTastey
JAMIE ANDERS0N
ART Carrera
Morne in Glory
BG Wumba
TechnologicMau5
BDR rocktskis
SparingArc1
FSR Groves
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Kane
Michengigan
LMR Hybrid
HotRockin
CQR Myles
F4H Lotterer
F4H Xyloto
Matt
Jonny Dub 12
D4NINHO
Zeta0085
Standaman94
Eycd
Speed Dem0n 64
F4H Button
30 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

MSA TORA GP General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: MSA TORA GP General Discussion

Post by Eycd Sun 29 Jun 2014 - 20:11

Yep

Eycd

TORA Race Number : 54
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2014-04-12

http://failrace.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA GP General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: MSA TORA GP General Discussion

Post by Eycd Sun 29 Jun 2014 - 21:33

What a joke.
Lap 48/50 no one around me no chance of losing any positions going to the finish, and the shitbox automatically turns off for no reason? wtf. What a waste of a [Censored] hour and a half.

Eycd

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Speed Dem0n 64 Sun 29 Jun 2014 - 21:48

Had a great race overall. Had a good fight with Kilroy, and an even better fight with Eycd. Made a mistake on lap 38, but managed to finish 7th after my second pit stop. But thanks to Devil for hosting, and well done to Ricky for the win.

Speed Dem0n 64

TORA Race Number : 64
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Button Sun 29 Jun 2014 - 21:57

That's so unlucky Eycd, I feel for you mate. I'm happy to give you last place points seeing as you raced 48 laps out of 50. You'll get 11th place so don't worry too much.

Fun race tonight. First 10 laps between me and RickyTan was just a competition to see who could make the most mistakes I think lol.

My driver of the day as got to be Kilroy, Didn't qualify, and finished 3rd. Good job mate.

Thank for the race tonight guys, really enjoyed it. I'll get another test up for 2 weeks around 6pm.
F4H Button
F4H Button

Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2012-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Eycd Sun 29 Jun 2014 - 22:02

cheers devil, and yeah good battle, mate it Wink

Eycd

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Sun 29 Jun 2014 - 22:18

Wow. What a start to the GP Championship for me.

Just missed the start of qualifying, so was resigned to start last in 13th place. I took my usual cautious approach to the first lap & with staying out of trouble, I made up a few places to around 10th place. I was held up behind a car for a while which allowed the front half of the pack to build a gap, an incident led to me being set free to pursue the rest of the pack.

I caught up to another car which I spent a few laps tucked up behind before clearing it. I got into a rhythm & set a string of very consistent laps at 1:21.9s and despite the tyre wear approaching 50% & the rest of the field pitting, I stayed out hot lapping and managed to lead the race for a couple of laps before eventually pitting on lap 32/50.

I came out in 4th place a few seconds behind 3rd place & on fresh rubber I charged after him. More issues with back markers meant I lost a bit of time & fell half a pit straight behind 3rd, but fortunately for me HotRockin made a mistake at Turn 6 on Lap 43, and I sneaked past & held out the remaining 7 laps to come home in 3rd place. Starting from the back, I am absolutely chuffed to capture a podium, great way to start the season.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon 30 Jun 2014 - 6:11

Tough start to the season. Incident early on meant I was playing catch up for the majority. Literally every time it looked like I would catch the guys ahead the car decided to do something unpredictable. Spent the whole race with low speed understeer and snap oversteer on one corner in particular.
Massive damage limitation excersise after that.
Sorry if I got in many peoples way Sad More practice required, but at least that's my least favourite track out of the way!
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Hybrid Mon 30 Jun 2014 - 10:09

need clarification on blue flags. i felt like i was racing half the people i lapped.
LMR Hybrid
LMR Hybrid

TORA Race Number : 75
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2012-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Button Mon 30 Jun 2014 - 10:27

yeah, definitely need to be more clear about blue flags next time.

F4H Button
F4H Button

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon 30 Jun 2014 - 12:28

Kept my eyes open as best I could for people. Pays when you've done a lot of multiclass races. But it does help if people call when they are actually near a lapped car. I didn't hear much of that. If I was less observant there'd have been a good few more events on track.
May have been a few occasions where I would have held my line in places where passing is less than wise Wink
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by D4NINHO Mon 30 Jun 2014 - 13:06

can i ask which is the right calendar as there is 2.
one is in rules and regs the other is in the calendar thread

one says next race is nurburgring gp and other says bathurst
D4NINHO
D4NINHO

TORA Race Number : 480
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2014-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Button Mon 30 Jun 2014 - 13:23

in the Calander thread, Thanks for mentioning that though, I'd forgot to update the calander in the rules n regs thread.

Nurgburgring GP is next.
F4H Button
F4H Button

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by HotRockin Mon 30 Jun 2014 - 14:40

Great race, Kilroy. I was gutted to give up that podium spot to you. I certainly had the pace to make a podium finish, but just not the consistency. I think I found the sticky grass there 3 times or so, and that cost me the spot. In these cars the difference between a top lap time and 1-2 seconds off pace is just miniscule. I was worn out by the end. Really looking forward to Nurburgring GP!
HotRockin
HotRockin

TORA Race Number : 380
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2013-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Button Mon 30 Jun 2014 - 14:50

yeah, you got to be ON IT constantly or you lose a massive amount of time. I can see why the drivers are so tired after an F1 race. Plus they've got the added extra of actually feeling the physical effect.

I think as this championship goes on, we'll see others getting more consistent and also quicker too.

If I was consistent last night, I probably could've took a podium place at least.
F4H Button
F4H Button

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by HotRockin Mon 30 Jun 2014 - 16:15

XPR Devil wrote:yeah, you got to be ON IT constantly or you lose a massive amount of time. I can see why the drivers are so tired after an F1 race. Plus they've got the added extra of actually feeling the physical effect.

I think as this championship goes on, we'll see others getting more consistent and also quicker too.

If I was consistent last night, I probably could've took a podium place at least.

Agreed. It looked as if the top 5-7 cars all had the pace to be quite competitive. It looks as if this series is going to be all about making the fewest mistakes. Certainly gives me even more appreciation for how talented those drivers are. The moves they make in traffic... WOW!  Shocked Is it safe to assume there is a standings thread coming soon?
HotRockin
HotRockin

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Wumba Mon 30 Jun 2014 - 16:40

I span about 3 times on the last bit of curbing just after the chicane, probably cost me the win but I was learning as I went after having little to no practice.

Last edited by BG Wumba on Tue 1 Jul 2014 - 0:01; edited 1 time in total
BG Wumba
BG Wumba

TORA Race Number : 43
Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Button Mon 30 Jun 2014 - 16:53

The standings are in the series Reg & Standings thread.
F4H Button
F4H Button

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by HotRockin Mon 30 Jun 2014 - 18:31

Got it. Thanks!
HotRockin
HotRockin

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Hybrid Mon 30 Jun 2014 - 18:37

im preety sure everyone including myself make a mistake lol. like someone said in the thread earlier. it came down to who made the least mistakes
LMR Hybrid
LMR Hybrid

TORA Race Number : 75
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2012-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by TechnologicMau5 Tue 1 Jul 2014 - 2:26

Is there going to be a dropped round for everyone? Especially since so many didn't make it because of Le Mans?
TechnologicMau5
TechnologicMau5

TORA Race Number : 30
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 938

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Button Tue 1 Jul 2014 - 10:17

yeah, There's 1 drop round
F4H Button
F4H Button

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Tue 1 Jul 2014 - 12:59

It's the fastest I've ever seen a Force India go Smile
Oh and whoever is running the Rothmans William? Class!!
Matt
Matt

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by HotRockin Tue 1 Jul 2014 - 14:37

That'd be Ricky Tan and myself.  Very Happy Thanks!
HotRockin
HotRockin

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Morne in Glory Wed 2 Jul 2014 - 14:26

Gutted i missed out on this but hopefully be sorted for the next round.....i honestly thought this didnt start till july  Embarassed Idiot
Morne in Glory
Morne in Glory

TORA Race Number : 305
Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2012-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by TechnologicMau5 Tue 8 Jul 2014 - 6:45

So I meant to post this here on race day, but goofed and posted in the media thread. I feel it's important though so here's what I said:

As for this morning's race, great racing from everyone. I feel where you're coming from Matt, not only did I mess up my race quite a few times, I screwed my teammate even more Crying or Very sad I know lag was a significant part of what happened between BOLLAND & I, but I can't help but feel like it could have still been avoided if I had more than 10 laps of practice. I'm glad the next race is so far away, that gives me the time to get fully prepared. I'm hoping it can be the first race in full spirit for BOLLAND & I, and I am going to treat it as the first true race for Weaponized Racing.

THIS NEXT PART IS VERY IMPORTANT

As for the lag I had, I was completely bewildered. Yes, I was streaming while I was racing, but that shouldn't have been the problem, SHOULDN'T being the key word. Even with me streaming, I still had 7.5MB of upload bandwidth free, 3x what was being occupied by the stream. Furthermore, that is also 3x what I had at my old place, where I had no issues. After checking the recorded stream, I found that it dropped about 4-5 seconds at the time that I threw BOLLAND off the road, so I knew the stream was still responsible. It then occurred to me that it was the Xbox itself that had issues handling the network traffic, not my internet. With this realization, I am obviously holding off from streaming while racing, and HIGHLY suggest that everyone else do the same in ANY XBOX ONE series they compete in.

Again, so, so, sorry to my teammate BR BOLLAND 95. I'm just happy we caught onto this early, and can hopefully prevent any future issues that may arise from people using Twitch while racing, regardless of how fast their internet is.

Cheers
TechnologicMau5
TechnologicMau5

TORA Race Number : 30
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 938

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next