TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA US American Iron Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA US American Iron Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA US American Iron Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA US American Iron Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA US American Iron Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA US American Iron Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA US American Iron Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA US American Iron Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA US American Iron Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA US American Iron Discussion

+22
connor7195
HCR Bellmond
HCR MeRiCA
EZT Coot
Xeyeov
BigBen13x
WhoIsJohn117
Midnite Rider
Spec Racer Z
I Ray P Dave I
LMR Deftone MX
APX COLONEL
LMR Hybrid
HCR Motorhead
HCR Skodaboie
Turbo Power 77
Ax4x Chaddy
PsycoPhoenix
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
EZT MAKO 6669
SVR Solar
Ax4x Mikey J
26 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

TORA US American Iron Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: TORA US American Iron Discussion

Post by SVR Solar Thu 28 May 2015 - 3:02

Good Racing Tonight Fellas, Sorry about the Lag Spec Racer it was only me and you Conflicting hopefully next time we can duke it out Smile.
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

TORA US American Iron Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: TORA US American Iron Discussion

Post by Spec Racer Z Thu 28 May 2015 - 3:17

Yeah, nice racing everyone. I was looking forward to racing with you after qualifying Solar, but the conflict just made it impossible to approach safely. Hope it gets corrected by next race so we can battle proper.
Spec Racer Z
Spec Racer Z

TORA Race Number : 484
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2015-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Thu 28 May 2015 - 3:24

Spec Racer Z wrote:Yeah, nice racing everyone. I was looking forward to racing with you after qualifying Solar, but the conflict just made it impossible to approach safely. Hope it gets corrected by next race so we can battle proper.

same dude, i couldnt get much more out of that Mustang a 59.3 was best i could get as in Trans AM in Testing i managed a 58.9, lol :/, hope next race we can duke it out dude
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by WhoIsJohn117 Thu 28 May 2015 - 3:32

WhoIsJohn117
WhoIsJohn117

TORA Race Number : 117
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2013-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Thu 28 May 2015 - 3:37

I gotta say that was 33 laps of sweating my a-- off intense racing. Cheers to Yellowychief for one hell of a great battle.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBen13x Thu 28 May 2015 - 3:38

It was good racing tonight. While I did get taken out by lag in the first corner of the first lap, I manged to pull my car back up into 7th. See y'all on the track next week!
BigBen13x
BigBen13x

TORA Race Number : 13
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2306
Registration date : 2014-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Thu 28 May 2015 - 3:46

To help clear any doubt about parity: 5 different cars in the top 5 qualifiers, 3 different cars finished on the race podium.

Cheers
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 Thu 28 May 2015 - 4:28

Definitely fun racing tonight!! Lag wasn't limited to Solar and Spec though, as I saw a bit myself. Probably not as bad as what they saw though.

The starts were a bit sloppy, but I'm sure we'll get better as the series progresses. Not a complaint, just an observation. I'm battling a severe cold right now so tonight wasn't my best effort. I'm as much to blame as anyone.
EZT MAKO 6669
EZT MAKO 6669

TORA Race Number : 163
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 4314
Registration date : 2014-08-05

http://www.eztmotorsport.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Thu 28 May 2015 - 4:51

I'll own up to that. Rolling starts are something that takes practice, AND Road Atlanta is not the easiest place to get a clean rolling start.

If I had it to do all over again, Road Atlanta would not have been round one.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Spec Racer Z Thu 28 May 2015 - 6:00

Road Atlanta is definitely a tricky track to navigate in general. I would say though that I felt kind of anxious trying to figure out what speed we were supposed to be holding on the parade laps because the requested speed kept changing and people in the back were needing more time to catch up before the front straight with such a short circuit. I think the parade pace should be consistent and specifically tailored to the circuit so it's easier to manage.

The launches felt awkward as well, partially because of the previous issue and also because of the method of announcing it. It might be better for the race leader to announce their "3-2-1-GO!" in sync with the seconds of the race timer so it's a bit easier to time and communicate, and provides some sort of objective method for recognizing jumped starts.
Spec Racer Z
Spec Racer Z

TORA Race Number : 484
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2015-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 Thu 28 May 2015 - 15:14

Flyin Mikey J wrote:I'll own up to that. Rolling starts are something that takes practice, AND Road Atlanta is not the easiest place to get a clean rolling start.

If I had it to do all over again, Road Atlanta would not have been round one.

It's not all on you bud. You can only give the instructions, it's up to everyone else to follow them. It doesn't help when the mikes are always cutting out so you can only hear half of what anyone says. The first night is always tough as we all get used to the procedure anyway.

I would offer one suggestion though. With the roll off delay on the start, the leaders are nearly half way around the track by the time the rear of the field starts. This forces them to race to catch up to the field for the start. I would keep the parade lap speeds at no more than 50 mph. It's only a parade lap, no need to speed around at 80.
EZT MAKO 6669
EZT MAKO 6669

TORA Race Number : 163
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 4314
Registration date : 2014-08-05

http://www.eztmotorsport.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Thu 28 May 2015 - 15:29

Thanks for reminding me. Note to self: turn off the roll off delay.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 29 May 2015 - 18:03

When I first joined TORA, and hit my first TCC and NATCC meets, I was blown away by the racing here, but wondered "Wouldn't it be cool if American cars could match this level of competition?"

That thought has lingered in me for years, and I've been trying all sorts of different builds and carlists during that time, hoping "one day, this will happen."

Wednesday was well worth the effort, as from my perspective of midpack battles, this is TCC level racing in American cars.

Thanks to everyone who's jumped on board for this, as you've made my vision become a reality.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by WhoIsJohn117 Fri 29 May 2015 - 18:11

Flyin Mikey J wrote:When I first joined TORA, and hit my first TCC and NATCC meets, I was blown away by the racing here, but wondered "Wouldn't it be cool if American cars could match this level of competition?"

That thought has lingered in me for years, and I've been trying all sorts of different builds and carlists during that time, hoping "one day, this will happen."

Wednesday was well worth the effort, as from my perspective of midpack battles, this is TCC level racing in American cars.

Thanks to everyone who's jumped on board for this, as you've made my vision become a reality.

And thank you for all your hard work with it. I believe the results show the parity between the cars that you worked to achieve. Cheers
WhoIsJohn117
WhoIsJohn117

TORA Race Number : 117
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2013-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN Fri 29 May 2015 - 20:09

It could be 90mph as long as its a consistent speed it does not matter...bit when you have a veteran on pole like we had the owness is on him speeding up and slowing down....WHY IN HOLY HELL WAS "he" doin 30mph WAKE UP!!!
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

TORA Race Number : 33
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2012-11-17

http://neinshiza.net84.net  neinshiza.the-talk.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 29 May 2015 - 20:20

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:It could be 90mph as long as its a consistent speed it does not matter...bit when you have a veteran on pole like we had the owness is on him speeding up and slowing down....WHY IN HOLY HELL WAS "he" doin 30mph WAKE UP!!!

Because I left the delay on the grid, the field was too spread out to get into formation by the end of the backstraight, he was asked to whoa up to let the rear catch up.

Communications lag did not help, as it seems that some couldn't hear others.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Xeyeov Fri 29 May 2015 - 22:24

Flyin Mikey J wrote:
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:It could be 90mph as long as its a consistent speed it does not matter...bit when you have a veteran on pole like we had the owness is on him speeding up and slowing down....WHY IN HOLY HELL WAS "he" doin 30mph WAKE UP!!!

Because I left the delay on the grid, the field was too spread out to get into formation by the end of the backstraight, he was asked to whoa up to let the rear catch up.

Communications lag did not help, as it seems that some couldn't hear others.

Inability to communicate and coordinate effectively — in addition to the egregious in-game lag — created a lot of situations that shouldn't have otherwise happened.
Xeyeov
Xeyeov

TORA Race Number : 849
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2015-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 29 May 2015 - 22:50

^ Communications lag is the major issue.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN Fri 29 May 2015 - 23:19

Bs....but ok we go with that.
My 2cents.....as I have raced in amultiple class league where in race comms where NOT ALLOWED and never had problems I feel the reason it went tits up..
"someone" was more worried about streaming then easily looking at the map and being situationally aware

In short in race comms are nice but not a necessity:)
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 29 May 2015 - 23:24

Trust me, the starts will see much improvement over the rest of the series.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Sat 30 May 2015 - 12:58

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:Bs....but ok we go with that.
My 2cents.....as I have raced in amultiple class  league where in race comms  where NOT ALLOWED  and never had problems  I feel the reason it went tits up..
"someone"  was more worried about streaming then easily looking at the map and being situationally aware

In short in race comms are nice but not a necessity:)

FYI i wasnt Streaming Smile, can check my Recent Broadcasts its not even there Smile lol
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN Sat 30 May 2015 - 13:49

.... Ohh ok so there's no excuse;)
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnite Rider Sat 30 May 2015 - 21:58

First one or two meeting in any race series has it's issues. or growing pains, like I like to call it. Everyone will get their acts together and things will go smoother from here on out, I am sure of it. The roll off delay was a major factor and we can see that will be dealt with already.

Having run way too many or these type series over the 13 years I have been on Live racing there are always issues the first 1 or 2 meetings until everyone gets used to everyone else's driving styles, as we all drive differently. I am confident it will improve greatly and if your still not happy you can always drop the series, we can continue without you. Wink Poop
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider

TORA Race Number : 69
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2011-01-21

http://greenleafracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnite Rider Thu 4 Jun 2015 - 3:13

Sorry about having to drop out of the race today. I occasionally suffer from something called "ocular migraines" which causes me to lose either partial or complete vision to either a black spot or visual abnormalities. They can last anywhere from minutes to hours and it is a frankly bad one. Glad I can speak into my phone to type and control it. See you next week.
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider

TORA Race Number : 69
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2011-01-21

http://greenleafracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Thu 4 Jun 2015 - 3:18

Cheers Midnite. That must be incredibly hard to deal with. Hope things get better for you soon.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next