TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA US American Iron Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA US American Iron Discussion - Page 4 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA US American Iron Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA US American Iron Discussion - Page 4 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA US American Iron Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA US American Iron Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA US American Iron Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA US American Iron Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA US American Iron Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA US American Iron Discussion

+22
connor7195
HCR Bellmond
HCR MeRiCA
EZT Coot
Xeyeov
BigBen13x
WhoIsJohn117
Midnite Rider
Spec Racer Z
I Ray P Dave I
LMR Deftone MX
APX COLONEL
LMR Hybrid
HCR Motorhead
HCR Skodaboie
Turbo Power 77
Ax4x Chaddy
PsycoPhoenix
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
EZT MAKO 6669
SVR Solar
Ax4x Mikey J
26 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

TORA US American Iron Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: TORA US American Iron Discussion

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Thu 4 Jun 2015 - 3:26

Updated on the Rules page...

RESTART PROCEDURE Everyone is expected to give a reasonable gap of 40 feet to the preceding car and maintain as steady a speed as possible heading to the starting line on restarts. DO NOT "lag back" to gain space in an attempt to jump the field. DO NOT restart closer than 40 feet from the car ahead of you. This way, the cars will all be grouped together nicely when the leader hits the starting line, which is when the race resumes. It is up to the race leader to say "Go" clearly when he hits the line, so that everyone knows the race has resumed. ALL RESTARTS WILL BE AT THE START/FINISH LINE.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

TORA US American Iron Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: TORA US American Iron Discussion

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 Thu 4 Jun 2015 - 15:09

I have to say that it amazes me such a simple procedure can't be done right by veteran drivers..........

Just sayin'.......
EZT MAKO 6669
EZT MAKO 6669

TORA Race Number : 163
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 4314
Registration date : 2014-08-05

http://www.eztmotorsport.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Thu 4 Jun 2015 - 15:17

EZT MAKO 6669 wrote:I have to say that it amazes me such a simple procedure can't be done right by veteran drivers..........

Just sayin'.......

To be honest, rolling starts and safety car periods are a rare occurrence here on TORA. And until post race last night, the rules were rather murky.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 Thu 4 Jun 2015 - 15:40

Point taken. It was pretty standard over at VM so I guess I thought it was more straightforward than it is.
EZT MAKO 6669
EZT MAKO 6669

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Thu 4 Jun 2015 - 16:09

May i just add, the rules for a Original Safety Car period is the Leading Driver, once everyone has caught up can call the 3,2,1 go anywhere on the straight with the finish line, obviously no heard me say "IMMA Say it after line" people jumped and messed it up themselves not my fault people didnt hear me, next time will be smoother.
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN Thu 4 Jun 2015 - 16:45

No soiled.... you were CLEARLY GIVING A "Start at the line" but rather then listen you tried holding the start so you would not have to fight forturn one....this is not your first time doing this ...as many will remember you pulled the same bs in ctcs....
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

TORA Race Number : 33
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2012-11-17

http://neinshiza.net84.net  neinshiza.the-talk.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Thu 4 Jun 2015 - 18:30

CTSC i was in 2nd :/, so that was not me lol. clearly everyone has there knickers in  a twist with someone getting Confused who i mite mention is Autistic as fck!, yet u guys all kick off and Point the finger, sorry i aint Perfect for u guys Smile, i have been Doing V8's lately and i feel the way that is setup is the best way of doing a Safety Car Restart, But mikey is trying a new thing, we have never done the thing at Start of the line, we have always had time to do the 3,2,1 go within the Finishing Straight.

May i Add i was the the Leading Driver, SO! you guys should be waiting for my 3,2,1 instead of Jumping the Start as soon as i hit the Line lol that is how it has always been.

But hayho new things always gonna cause a bit of Mither.
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN Thu 4 Jun 2015 - 18:48

....321 go as you cross the line is what was said....ans don't play the #2 card you and the quitter were not only in cohoots about it you were in the same roomin your house ...smh
It was a deliberate act to delay cars with higher top speed....I and everyone else left at the line...you did not we had time to get back inline and you still did not go.
60%of todays youth could be considered on the autism spectrum.. it is each driver's choice to partake in these races while juggling our own struggles...either adapt,or be prepared for the fallout but don't use your condition as a crutch!!!
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Thu 4 Jun 2015 - 19:09

Idk why you'd hold it past the line, let alone out of the last corner at all.. Pro GT starts were restart style, yet that would have never been condoned. Very unethical imo
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT Coot Thu 4 Jun 2015 - 19:13

HCR Solar wrote:... next time will be smoother.

Next time will be at the Start/Finish line
EZT Coot
EZT Coot

TORA Race Number : 752
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2013-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Thu 4 Jun 2015 - 20:53

Yeah my bad, just take it on the Chin Very Happy
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN Thu 4 Jun 2015 - 21:47

Just learn from it and try your best to not let it happen again......your fast bruh....but being fast is not everything... spec racer and a colonel were faster the me and raced me very hard ...cleanly!!! at any point they could have dumped me and it could have been considered a racing incident but I held my line and drove hard and fought with everything thing I had ....
That is why I love what we do
please don't take the fallout anyother way then a learning experience
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT Coot Fri 5 Jun 2015 - 0:21

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:That is why I love what we do

+1 cheers
EZT Coot
EZT Coot

TORA Race Number : 752
Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2013-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 5 Jun 2015 - 0:39

EZT Coot wrote:
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:That is why I love what we do

+1 cheers

+2 Cheers
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Spec Racer Z Fri 5 Jun 2015 - 2:34

Posted most of my experiences along with the video so you can see it yourself. A big part of the problem is the netcode. However, when the speed limit is 60 mph, the leader should be doing 59-60 before the race start, not 62-63. I also agree with enforcing following distance, although I don't understand why naturally allowing room respective to the netcode and other drivers has to be enforced before people will do it. It's been managed just fine in faster cars than these, I'm sure. It just feels like the respect between drivers isn't near as strong as it should be for a league event. I go to league racing when I'm trying to get away from the general online horseplay, but it feels like that attitude has still been present in this event, with points and distance added.
Spec Racer Z
Spec Racer Z

TORA Race Number : 484
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2015-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN Fri 5 Jun 2015 - 3:27

I disagree whole heartedly.... if there was not respect I would not have let you go after you persuaded my car off thats for damb sure ...
Good side note... alot of people are faster then me but I will ALWAYS FIGHT FOR MY POSITION!!! You want by you have to earn it....like lastnight sure it hindered your fist place hopes but thats the way the cookie crumbles
IT WAS HARD CLEAN RACING \m/
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Spec Racer Z Fri 5 Jun 2015 - 4:48

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:I disagree whole heartedly.... if there was not respect I would not have let you go after you persuaded  my car off thats for damb  sure ...
Good side note... alot of people are faster then me but I will ALWAYS FIGHT FOR MY POSITION!!! You want by you have to earn it....like lastnight sure it hindered your fist place hopes  but thats the way the cookie crumbles
IT WAS HARD CLEAN RACING \m/

What persuasion are you talking about? The one time I missed my apex and bumped you off, I let you back ahead before the braking zone of the next corner, not the other way around. Your battles didn't hinder my first place hopes, the netcode-induced jump starts did. You would not have had the inside line on that start if the starts were synced properly or proper room had been given, but everything after that was fine and not really part of my issue.

Yes, drivers always have the right to battle for their position, and that has no relevance to the questionable etiquette in the race as a whole. The leader failing to start properly is just as much to blame for the competition caution fiasco as the absurd impatience of other people in the grid. There's a back straight not three turns after the front straight. As much of a fiasco as a back straight start would have been regardless, missing the proper start after a 2 lap premeditated caution, it wouldn't have been a red flag race ending clusterclash like it ended up instead, and some drivers were willing to go straight desperado during those null laps. Leaving proper room and following a speed limit for rolling starts has been done in countless different events in countless different league sites with minimal issues. Yet here in multiple starts, not just the one fiasco, there's been consistent problems.
Spec Racer Z
Spec Racer Z

TORA Race Number : 484
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2015-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 Fri 5 Jun 2015 - 15:26

Can we not let this issue tarnish an otherwise great series? We, as a group, must make an effort to be aware of what's going on, and do our best to help keep things a smooth as possible. In week one, I was a bit under the weather (not an excuse) and I totally boned a corner on the opening lap and held up the rest of the field. So I'm as guilty as anyone for mucking things up I guess. Mistakes will be made, we need to laugh it off and move on.

At VM there was no required distance on restarts, but it was strongly suggested that you leave some room between cars, because when the field gets close together, that's when the lag bombs happen. It is remarkable that T10 is part of MS, one of the biggest software giants in the world, and yet they give us such crappy servers. The chat is always breaking up and the lag is horrendous. I play Destiny almost every day and have yet to have any serious issues.

For what it's worth, I've raced with nearly all of you before, and I think your all talented drivers and worthwhile opponents. Yeah, we'll trade some paint here and there, but that's all part of it. Let's keep this fun and friendly, and when it's over beers are on me!!   Cheers
EZT MAKO 6669
EZT MAKO 6669

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Fri 5 Jun 2015 - 15:44

+1
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN Fri 5 Jun 2015 - 17:46

*drool* ......hmmmmm beeeeerrrr
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnite Rider Sat 6 Jun 2015 - 1:55

+2
Midnite Rider
Midnite Rider

TORA Race Number : 69
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2011-01-21

http://greenleafracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Thu 11 Jun 2015 - 3:16

Thanks guys for a great night of racing at Seca. Cool
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 Thu 11 Jun 2015 - 14:49

+1 Excellent race last night!!!
EZT MAKO 6669
EZT MAKO 6669

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Thu 11 Jun 2015 - 14:57

When I saw the Q times that the race was either gonna be great battles or a rage filled crash fest... I am so glad it was not a rage filled crash fest.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 Thu 11 Jun 2015 - 15:13

We have a great group of drivers Mikey. Any contact would surely be a "racing incident".
EZT MAKO 6669
EZT MAKO 6669

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next