TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 6 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion

+77
Amarth
Hailfire97x
XPR Roadrunner
HCR Saga
CQR Shifty
LMR Manthey
HCR Skodaboie
Ax4x Broomz
Zeta0085
TSR Eyles
ScottyMadeIt
TLR Scrublord
F4H bandicoot
CQR Rogue
xVampirAx
F4H Button
Manuel CR
VVM DirtyDawg
TyrannicCymbals
Schmitty72
DSRL Webbers88
HCR Bellmond
Ax4x Mikun
FreshCubanBread
CrashCaderz
ART Carrera
HCR Motorhead
TechnologicMau5
TJSteel
SFM Benedict
galeforce97
KZX Spider
Scav3nger
Miiraki
HCR Hamish
WRA Glory
LMR MountainMan
BigBen13x
BAM Leigh
WRA Tower
WRA JoeVIR
F4H Hakkinen
Joito04
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
DonatedSatyr227
FSR Groves
LMR Hybrid
MaynardMK4
Om3ga73
SVR Solar
jonnotheone
LMR DarthMario
Lonewolf8664
CQR Aero
AAR ABEnstein
LMR Sahara
connor7195
xebot360
STR stug77
Ax4x Chaddy
AdamWatson99
Diablo 29x
theboomeranga
ShrinkingSteven
SGR Amber
Freheliaz
HCR generaltso
dave sp2
PTG Chungus
DDM Driv3
LZR Harmonic
Fleaver
LRT Dan
Zabbzi
Ax4x Mikey J
Matt
LMR Deftone MX
81 posters

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion

Post by ShrinkingSteven Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 23:15

DizzyCupid519 wrote:Why the 4 stop rtule if you think it can 3 stop? Or is it because you are talking **** just so the Bentley can dominate the races.

3 stop and bentleys win ? 4 stops and ferrari and audi comes into play.

after bejmg annoyied at it at first theres npt alot we can do with a flawed fuel system.
ShrinkingSteven
ShrinkingSteven

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion

Post by PTG Chungus Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 23:17

I see where the rule is coming from
It could help he audi/ferrari
But I do think the tyre saving or strategy goes out the window TBH and the cars with a stuggling team/driver could be negative.....

I'm now 50/50 with this rule but hesitant
PTG Chungus
PTG Chungus

TORA Race Number : 666
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 1569
Registration date : 2014-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by WRA Glory Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 23:18

The rule change sounds like a great option (on paper)to me for a few reasons: One because it helps other cars be competitive and makes the Bentley make an "extra" pit stop. I'm not sure if you guys know how to drive the Bentley way more conservative or just have an amazing tune, but my team will only get 15 laps of fuel. So by my calculations the Bentley will be driving on fumes by the final minute of the stint on 4 pit stops so unless I don't know how to drive a car, then this change is completely fine for it add no extra pit stop for the Bentley.

WRA Glory

Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 23:27

Jesus F*ck
we had the exact same thing happen on Forza 4, the Lambo couldn't do a full stint on fuel so a mandatory pit stop was added, and it worked fine!
The fuel system on this game is 'slightly' shorter than on 4, but it's the exact same principle, you can still have your pit strategy with 4 stops, whether you do a shorter stint at the start, middle or end, and then run out the rest at full length or whathever.

I am driving the SLS because it was a great car, had the pace and good fuel mileage (compared to others), yet I'm ok with mandated pit stops. Until Forza gets it's fuel [Censored] worked out, this is the best solution for this race so get over it or drop out, easy as that...

The only thing I am not liking about the mandated pit stop is that it was added 1 week out from the race... It could have been worse (two days before) but this is the only real issue with it that I have, but it's not a major issue anyways...

Last edited by ErebusV8 on Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 23:40; edited 1 time in total
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Hamish Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 23:28

That's insane fuel mileage on the Bentley. You could very nearly 2 stop a stint with 30 laps range lol
HCR Hamish
HCR Hamish

TORA Race Number : 739
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2013-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 23:29

30 minutes not 30 laps
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DonatedSatyr227 Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 23:31

LMR Deftone MX wrote:Do you guys want to remove the rule and watch the Bentley do 3 stops? You can learn in the race or learn now. It's up to you.

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!! Razz
DonatedSatyr227
DonatedSatyr227

TORA Race Number : 95
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2014-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Hamish Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 23:40

LMR Deftone MX wrote:30 minutes not 30 laps

Ha ha.
HCR Hamish
HCR Hamish

TORA Race Number : 739
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2013-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 0:06

First, I'd like to add that I've gotten a hair over 28 minutes out of the Bentley on a fuel run. That should be proof enough, but it won't satisfy everyone. So, that brings me to my second point...

Alright, ladies and gentleman. Here's a simple math lesson from an engineering student:

A stint's running time is 1 hour and 45 minutes, or 105 minutes. The stint will actually be a minute or two shorter due to gridding up, but we'll keep it at 1:45 to keep the numbers nice. Let's say I can do a 1:44.000 every single lap. We all know this is possible, but not very plausible. Again, I'm using it to have a nice, round number that's within the realm of laps we're doing (I KNOW someone would question me if I chose a 1:45.000, and say that's too slow, so I chose 1:44.000). I just timed a pit stop at a 26 second combined loss on the entry and exit laps. With these conditions established, let's crunch the numbers...

I hear most people claiming they can only do 15 laps in the Bentley. That would put you at precisely 26 minutes of elapsed time. If you need to make 3 stops, then you'll have 4 fuel runs: Run-Pit-Run-Pit-Run-Pit-Run. From a simple calculation, we find that (26 minutes)*4 is 104 minutes over a whole stint. Add in the 3 pit stops, and that equals 105 minutes and 18 seconds, or 1:45:18.

Oh wait, isn't a stint 1:45:00? And isn't 1:45:18 longer than that?

Yes, and yes.

Furthermore, if we actually factor in the gridding up portion of the race in the infield that often saves enough fuel to allow for an extra lap in most cars, and if we consider the fact that hardly anyone will be averaging a 1:44.000 in the race (the only people who have even BEATEN that time are the ones confirming that the Bentley can complete a stint on 3 stops), then it's safe to say you can complete a stint in the Bentley on 3 stops as long as you pit on schedule.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

TORA Race Number : 273
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by WRA JoeVIR Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 0:45

Final thing I'm going to say on this. Don't look at this from a leaders point of view it doesn't matter for them whether they do 3 or 4 stops there still gonna be on top. But for all the guys in the middle to back of each lobby fuel strategy is key for them adding the extra stop. For example if a car that can run 3 pits and make it is behind a car that can't they can theoretically never make the ground up because they also will have to pit.
WRA JoeVIR
WRA JoeVIR

TORA Race Number : 100
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2015-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 0:48

Not true. Since each car has to make 4 stops now, opens up variations on pit strategies. The cars that had to make 4 BARELY had to do so - they'd be running out with 10 minutes or less to go if they ran out, or you could space out your stops and pit at strategic intervals since 4 stops had to be made anyway. With the rule change, any car can do that now. You could pit in the first 15 minutes if you wanted, and then take your other 3 stops at your own discretion.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by WRA JoeVIR Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 0:52

Not everyone is a 1:43 and 1:44 consistent driver. Not just the ones who will most likely contend for the win
WRA JoeVIR
WRA JoeVIR

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by WRA JoeVIR Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 0:56

Sound like there should just be a poll of the drivers competing since there's so much division on the subject.
WRA JoeVIR
WRA JoeVIR

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by WRA JoeVIR Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 1:00

Just for a future note if their is any more amendments to any other races can be be announced more than a day before we have to have car choices in.
WRA JoeVIR
WRA JoeVIR

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 1:04

Lap times have nothing to do with this. In fact, if you're running slower laps, you're taking a longer time between pit stops, so that's even less time you have to worry about lasting.

My point is that not only are pit stops even now, but each car can choose a different pit strategy to suit different situations in the race.

Someone else stated that only 2 Audis have entered and there has yet to be a Ferrari entry, so I doubt anyone was relying on beating those cars solely on a fuel run. Besides, the cars are fairly equal on pace, and now that they're equal on fuel, the race results will come down to the three most important factors: driver skill, strategy, and a bit of luck, just like every other successful endurance race we've had.

As for the amendment, that was done to appease a discrepancy in another thread. If the car choices don't change, no one is adversely affected, and the Audi drivers are no longer in a hole. Staying in your car won't hurt you one bit.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by WRA JoeVIR Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 1:20

If I sound like an ass then so bit it but why does everyone have to hear from you on everything. What we asking and talking about and to is the heads of the series. Your an LMP driver if I'm correct. so why are you even butting in on a GT discussion.
WRA JoeVIR
WRA JoeVIR

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 1:25

because he was one of the people who made the builds for EVERY car in the series...
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by Miiraki Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 1:28

Because everyone deserves to be able to put in their 2 cents, regardless of what class.
And Erebus is dead on.
Miiraki
Miiraki

TORA Race Number : 44
Xbox One Mac

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2012-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 1:54

Joe, I can understand if hearing from the same person can get old, but everything he's saying is fact. You have to take it for what it is.
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 3:35

LMR Deftone MX wrote:Guys, the Bentley will do 3 stops easily. The Viper, Corvette etc will as well. Making them do an extra gives no advantage to any of them. They're all having to do something they don't need to. All this does is brings cars unlikely to be chosen, purely because they can't do 3 stops into the contingency. If you opted out of the Ferrari or Audi for this reason, you still have time to change. I'm sorry if that causes you extra work repainting, but that's a choice you'll have to make.

Bottom line, this doesn't help the Bentley at all. If anything, it hurts it as I feel the 458 may actually be outright faster.

Collin is correct. The Bentley, Vette, Viper, McLaren and Mercedes do 3 stoppers. Out of those cars, the Bentley is the fastest by far while also being faster than the rest of the other cars. The only other car that comes close or level with it is the Ferrari so we've now brought more cars into contention. The fourth stop benefits everybody and doesn't affect anything here. It puts everyone on the same amount of pit stops while allowing all cars to battle against one another.

Stating how the registration looks right now is not a good indication of how things will go. We are likely to stick two Ferrari's now into this because we hated the Bentley which should make things interesting.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

TORA Race Number : 379
Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 3:45

Additionally, and Deftone wanted me to chip in with this; i've done a lot of testing for fuel. A lot more than a chunk of you guys combined and I did it all while conversing with Turn10 and sharing data with them.

What the staff here have tried to do is put everyone on the same level and that's exactly what they have done. I quite simply do not understand how anyone has a gripe about this. There is plenty of strategy for people and for those of you who could not 3 stop it in your car, you are now in par with the guys who could. This all comes down to pace, consistency and race craft and takes fuel out of the equation. Harmonic hit the nail on his head with his comments and the aim here is to even things out for everyone. We've already had this issue elsewhere and it was resolved with mandatory pits. Now everyone is on the same level. Go ask the guys who got shafted in GT3 by doing an extra pit stop. It's not nice.

Lastly, there are so many factors that help with fuel conservation which range from:

Final drive
How many times you tap the analog to turn
Traction control eats fuel!
Aero
Short shifting
Drafting

The list goes on! Before anybody questions the staff they need to have tested the cars considerably and I have done this. You can 3 stop in the Bentley easily and easily because you've tuned, tested and been conventional in your approach. Everyone should be thanking the staff for implementing this.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

TORA Race Number : 379
Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by BAM Leigh Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 8:11

Can I ask if the Bentley can do a 3 stop "easily" why are the Bentley driver's the ones who like this rule. Oh yeah because it can't 3 stop and they want to script the races.

BAM Leigh

TORA Race Number : 519
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2015-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ShrinkingSteven Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 10:11

DizzyCupid519 wrote:Can I ask if the Bentley can do a 3 stop "easily" why are the Bentley driver's the ones who like this rule. Oh yeah because it can't 3 stop and they want to script the races.

By what measure? I am driving a SLS and I am backing this rule change. If all the cars are doing the same amount of stops then the raw pace of the cars is what we see. Yes raw pace of the not human guys will shine though I agree on that. However I'd prefer to have more cars closer together personally .
ShrinkingSteven
ShrinkingSteven

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 10:28

im in the Viper as it stands atm, and i dont see no 1 in that car yet it does 3 stops and also Harmonic can do just as quick as he can in the Bentley why is that car not been Slammed, why is the Ferrari not been slammed or the SLS stop ya whining and get on with it, pick the car you want, and just go, fck me seriously, this is a race, if you wanna be competitive pick the car everyone else does, but wait it requires Driver Skill, able to tune the Car to be as quick as they have got it, if ya cant hack the fact your not as quick as Breeze, Harmonic or Deftone or any other people doing 43s get the fck out and race with people you can beat, i dont care if i get beat, i find racing faster drivers makes me a faster driver overtime, as some people know here, i have come a long way since first joining, and ShrinkingSteven Fck me hes come a long way aswell Dam this bitching and whining gets old very quickly.
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by BAM Leigh Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 12:19

ShrinkingSteven wrote:
DizzyCupid519 wrote:Can I ask if the Bentley can do a 3 stop "easily" why are the Bentley driver's the ones who like this rule. Oh yeah because it can't 3 stop and they want to script the races.

By what measure?  I am driving a SLS and I am backing this rule change. If all the cars are doing the same amount of stops then the raw pace of the cars is what we see. Yes raw pace of the not human guys will shine though I agree on that. However I'd prefer to have more cars closer together personally .
it's not a bloody sprint race it's an endurance race! It's meant to be who can go the fastest over 16 laps it MEANT TO be who can go fastest over the 24 hour race. If you want a sprint race that is even and fair join formula e. Oh wait it's a fair race!

BAM Leigh

TORA Race Number : 519
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2015-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next