TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Track Limits EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Track Limits EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Track Limits EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Track Limits EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Track Limits EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Track Limits EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Track Limits EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Track Limits EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Track Limits EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Track Limits

+6
RBR Venom
SGR Amber
EZT MAKO 6669
LZR Harmonic
DonatedSatyr227
Diablo 29x
10 posters

Go down

TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Track Limits Empty TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Track Limits

Post by Diablo 29x Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 2:40

For this round, we are making clarifications as to track limits at specific sections of track. If it is not specified, 2 wheels MUST remain on track at all times, designated by the lines on the outside of the track.

Turn 3

This is legal!
TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Track Limits Lim1_zpsvblqod2n

This is not.
TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Track Limits Blim1_zpsycwzsxg5

Entrance to the Bus Stop Chicane

This is legal!
TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Track Limits Lim2_zpsljpgkzpc

This is not.
TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Track Limits Blim2_zpsrq3x5eeb

Exit of Bus Stop Chicane

This is legal!
TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Track Limits Lim3_zpssrc9blh0

This is not.
TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Track Limits Blim3_zpsi9b7h0cz

I hope this clears this up for everyone!

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Track Limits Empty Re: TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Track Limits

Post by DonatedSatyr227 Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 7:18

^

Perfect clarifications of the track limits.
DonatedSatyr227
DonatedSatyr227

TORA Race Number : 95
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2014-02-22

Back to top Go down

TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Track Limits Empty Re: TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Track Limits

Post by LZR Harmonic Thu 12 Jan 2017 - 16:26

F4H Diablo wrote:
This is not.
TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Track Limits Blim2_zpsrq3x5eeb

What if someone does this in qualifying? The game actually counts that as clean most of the time.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

TORA Race Number : 273
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 9:41

I'm sorry but I'm compelled to voice my extreme opposition to this. There is never a need anywhere to "clarify" track limits. They are clearly defined by the sporting rules and reg's. Also note that the rules do not take into consideration what the game thinks is clean or dirty, because everyone know's the game is pathetically inconsistent regarding track limits.

Also, no race or event should ever have any rules or variances that do not comply fully with the league's rules and standards. Allowing such is not only unfair to every other event, but also sets a very dangerous precedent. If the track can be cut at Daytona in TEC, then why not Road Atlanta in American Iron? You want to know the short answer to that question?, it can. If it's OK for one race, then it's OK for the next, and the next, and the next.......

I've been an avid fan of motorsports for over 40 years. I watch almost every discipline there is. Outside of Nascar, there is absolutely no series that allows all 4 wheels over the white line. EVER!

I can find absolutely no argument that would justify allowing the bus stop to be cut in that manner. The pictures above showing a "legal" position would not be acceptable in any racing universe.
EZT MAKO 6669
EZT MAKO 6669

TORA Race Number : 163
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 4314
Registration date : 2014-08-05

http://www.eztmotorsport.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 13:40

EZT MAKO 6669 wrote:I can find absolutely no argument that would justify allowing the bus stop to be cut in that manner. The pictures above showing a "legal" position would not be acceptable in any racing universe.

This is absolutely false. If this line was faster in real life, drivers would take it and likely not be penalized. Recall a race at COTA a couple of years ago... The stewards decided not to police track limits, and the drivers were extending the track worse than anyone you'd see in a Forza hopper. Everything in racing is conditional, and the rules are set by the governing body and are subject to change at any time.

The point is that everyone who has done this track in the game has learned this line, so it makes sense to make it legal. Asking people to monitor their lines through a hairy corner is asking a bit much for a game, and it will cause more incidents than it will save. It's not going to change, so whether you do it or not is your choice. Just know that if you're involved in a wreck in that turn, and you put yourself in that position by trying to take a conservative line, you will most likely be at fault.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR Amber Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 14:03

Track Limits:
7.5.11 “Track limits” as defined by the MSA refer to the two white lines at either edge of the track. This may also include kerbing or the edge of the tarmac (or other racing surface) dependent on rules specified in a championship’s Rules & Regulations.

Seems perfectly acceptable to set this as the limit within our book.
SGR Amber
SGR Amber

TORA Race Number : 100
PC Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by RBR Venom Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 14:59

There is no possible way to regulate the bus stop besides saying 4 tires in the grass will be penalized. If you want to watch every single person every lap through the bus stop be my guest and waste your own time
RBR Venom
RBR Venom

TORA Race Number : 23
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2016-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 16:10

No reason to be antagonostic there Nova.
I am not competing in TEC, so what I would or wouldn't do is irrelevant.
Just because everyone has learned an improper line doesn't make it correct.
As I stated, I have been following motorsports longer than most of you have been alive. Yes, use of the curbing is acceptable in all disciplines, but I know for a fact that four wheels over the white lines is against the rules in every sanctioning body, MSA, IMSA, F1, WEC, Rolex. ( COTA is a garbage track and should be discounted)

That said, over the last year, the single biggest complaint directed at both the staff and support groups (stewards) was inconsistencies in the application of our rules and standards. That was my sole motivation for my comments.

I had no intentions of starting a protracted arguement, nor will I engage in one. I merely stated my opinion and concern as a member of the support staff. Consider it or not, the choice is yours. I'll have nothing further to say on the matter.

Respectfully,
Mako
EZT MAKO 6669
EZT MAKO 6669

TORA Race Number : 163
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 4314
Registration date : 2014-08-05

http://www.eztmotorsport.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by RBR Venom Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 16:15

This isn't the TEC btw
RBR Venom
RBR Venom

TORA Race Number : 23
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2016-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Foreu2env Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 16:20

EZT MAKO 6669 wrote: Outside of Nascar, there is absolutely no series that allows all 4 wheels over the white line. EVER!

You should watch the 2015 IMSA race at COTA.  The track limits were "expanded" and all 4 wheels over the white line were accepted.  Just in case you haven't seen the race, here you go. LINK

Go to the 7 minute 30 second mark to get an explanation of the track limits

TORA American Endurance Cup: Daytona 24 Track Limits Capture15
Foreu2env
Foreu2env

TORA Race Number : 185
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2016-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ShrinkingSteven Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 16:26

To be honest allowing people to take more in the corners than they ideally should just makes thing easier.
It saves Live stream chats going mad when someone shags the kerbs to much and also if all the cool kids do it then everyone can without feeling butt hurt.
ShrinkingSteven
ShrinkingSteven

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by LMP Riptide Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 23:08

This sounds very much like the Charlie Whiting / Toto Wolff / Christian Horner debate - three different approaches, but the three wise men have one thing in common 》》》that consistency should rule.
LMP Riptide
LMP Riptide

TORA Race Number : 653
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2014-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by ShrinkingSteven Fri 13 Jan 2017 - 23:09

^^ This guy knows it. ^^
ShrinkingSteven
ShrinkingSteven

TORA Race Number : 8
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2558
Registration date : 2012-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Sat 14 Jan 2017 - 0:12

The consistency is that the rules are to be white line unless explicitly noted, as seen above Wink

Diablo 29x

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Sun 15 Jan 2017 - 18:58

EZT MAKO 6669 wrote:I had no intentions of starting a protracted arguement, nor will I engage in one.
That's rich... Your post was going to start an argument and you know it.

EZT MAKO 6669 wrote:I merely stated my opinion and concern as a member of the support staff.
Your opinion might have held some weight if you had actually made some sort of contribution on the site within the past year...

The limits have been addressed according to the TORA Sporting Regulations. Don't like it? Too bad.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Totten Sun 15 Jan 2017 - 21:53

CAR Harmonic wrote:
EZT MAKO 6669 wrote:I can find absolutely no argument that would justify allowing the bus stop to be cut in that manner. The pictures above showing a "legal" position would not be acceptable in any racing universe.

This is absolutely false. If this line was faster in real life, drivers would take it and likely not be penalized. Recall a race at COTA a couple of years ago... The stewards decided not to police track limits, and the drivers were extending the track worse than anyone you'd see in a Forza hopper. Everything in racing is conditional, and the rules are set by the governing body and are subject to change at any time.

The point is that everyone who has done this track in the game has learned this line, so it makes sense to make it legal. Asking people to monitor their lines through a hairy corner is asking a bit much for a game, and it will cause more incidents than it will save. It's not going to change, so whether you do it or not is your choice. Just know that if you're involved in a wreck in that turn, and you put yourself in that position by trying to take a conservative line, you will most likely be at fault.

To be fair, the COTA race to which you are referring was the IMSA race. The WEC event that occurred the same exact weekend adhered to FIA determined track limits.
Nick Totten
Nick Totten

TORA Race Number : 527
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2016-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Sun 15 Jan 2017 - 22:25

The rules have been established in the OP. Anyone else can take it up with me in PM's.

Diablo 29x

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down