TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits

3 posters

Go down

TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits Empty TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits

Post by BigBen13x Fri 15 Jan 2021 - 1:35

Welcome to the first round of the 2021 TORA Endurance Championship: the TORA 24 Hours of Daytona Rewind!  We are doing something different this year, getting back to TORA's endurance roots.  Sportscar endurance racing is very much in the DNA of TORA dating back as far as 2012.  The first races took part on Forza Motorsports 4 using some of the same cars that we will see this weekend.  This is the 5th consecutive year that TORA has run a 24-hour event at Daytona, and we are very excited to start the racing this year in a now familiar way.

Qualifying - This will be the typical 1-Hour Endurance Qualifying.  Drivers will have 45 minutes to set their fastest clean lap.  We will be adding the best qualifying results from each team, so remember that more than one driver has to take part in qualifying.  Remember that drivers should be/appear online 15 minutes prior to the start of qualifying, and should keep in-lobby chat to a minimum.  

Race - This is a 24-hour Endurance race.  Drivers will be competing in 12 stints of two hours each.  However, drivers are reminded that the stint actually only lasts 1 hour and 40 minutes. Drivers are expected to be familiar with the Rules and Regulations come race time, so please review them before January 18th.  A reminder that drivers are not allowed to double stint during the halfway point between stint 6 and stint 7 and the final two stints, so stint 11 and stint 12, so we can try and get the race back on track and finish on time.  Drivers are also encouraged to read this: Multi-Class Racing: A Reminder in Etiquette.  

Pit Stops - Both classes will have to do 3 pit stops during each stint. Remember that drivers will not be permitted to drive on the track (and/or grass) back to the pit entrance once they pass it.  If they miss the pit entrance, drivers will have to drive around the track again to get back to the pit entrance.  

Assists - The usual assist limits will be in place for this race.  The only assists that will be banned during this race are stability management, assisted steering, assisted braking, friction assist, and collision assist.  All other assists will be allowed.  

Stint Starting Procedures - Stint 1 will start with a typical 80 mph / 129 kph 2x2 Rolling Start.  Stint 2 thru 12 will be a single file start, starting as cars exit the International Horseshoe (Turn 3) as shown below. Drivers are not allowed to exceed 60 mph / 97 kph before exiting Turn 3. Remember that drivers are not to accelerate to race pace until THEY pass the designated start point.  

TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits Tec_da10

If anyone has further questions, please post them in this thread.  Good luck, and I will see you all on track.

Last edited by DDM BigBen on Fri 15 Jan 2021 - 1:40; edited 1 time in total

TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits BYYuASn
TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits HAEUnL7TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits KdgZ8UeTEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits CQUSyXgTEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits 099o0vaTEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits PvJCMixTEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits FU7yRaHTEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits QBEMUyMTEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits NPhnnNgTEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits WDatqwmTEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits 9CkOLQ8TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits GpwltaLTEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits M2WT61vTEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits BKfvezfTEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits O2Aon8DTEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits ZDh93lU
TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits ZDh93lU
1st Forza 4 Grand Finale R1 & R2
BigBen13x
BigBen13x

TORA Race Number : 13
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2306
Registration date : 2014-08-13

Back to top Go down

TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits Empty Daytona Track Limits

Post by BigBen13x Fri 15 Jan 2021 - 1:36

For qualifying, all drivers are expected to set Forza clean laps.  If you do not set a clean lap, a minute will be added to your time (as per TORA Standard Procedure).

For this race, we are making clarifications as to track limits at specific sections of the track. As standard, 2 wheels MUST remain on track at all times, designated by the lines on the outside of the track.  The only exception is the Bus Stop Chicane.  

Entrance to the Bus Stop Chicane:
This is legal!
TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits KyTw9kF
This is not!
TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits SBsrfMy

Exit of Bus Stop Chicane:
This is legal!
TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits HE4dUaL

This is not!
TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits GbemkS9

I hope this clears this up for everyone!

TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits BYYuASn
TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits HAEUnL7TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits KdgZ8UeTEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits CQUSyXgTEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits 099o0vaTEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits PvJCMixTEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits FU7yRaHTEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits QBEMUyMTEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits NPhnnNgTEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits WDatqwmTEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits 9CkOLQ8TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits GpwltaLTEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits M2WT61vTEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits BKfvezfTEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits O2Aon8DTEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits ZDh93lU
TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits ZDh93lU
1st Forza 4 Grand Finale R1 & R2
BigBen13x
BigBen13x

TORA Race Number : 13
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 2306
Registration date : 2014-08-13

Back to top Go down

TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits Empty Re: TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits

Post by Heikonyan Fri 15 Jan 2021 - 5:57

I'm slightly confused about the stint 2 to 12 starting point. It only says exit of T3, does that mean roll through the entire turn at 60 and go once I'm at the exit kerb? Or can I go once I'm at the apex to get a good exit?
Heikonyan
Heikonyan

TORA Race Number : 817
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits Empty Re: TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits

Post by Ax4x Cowboy Fri 15 Jan 2021 - 8:05

Heikonyan wrote:I'm slightly confused about the stint 2 to 12 starting point. It only says exit of T3, does that mean roll through the entire turn at 60 and go once I'm at the exit kerb? Or can I go once I'm at the apex to get a good exit?
Don't overthink it.
Single file, hold 60mph pace in to the corner and the race starts as you exit.

TEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits ZAoqkoNTEC R1 24 Hours of Daytona - Driver's Briefing and Track Limits D0QdeKU

2019 Classic Daytona 24H GTO  3rd  
Ax4x Cowboy
Ax4x Cowboy

TORA Race Number : 259
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 960
Registration date : 2012-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Heikonyan Fri 15 Jan 2021 - 21:11

Ax4x Cowboy wrote:
Heikonyan wrote:I'm slightly confused about the stint 2 to 12 starting point. It only says exit of T3, does that mean roll through the entire turn at 60 and go once I'm at the exit kerb? Or can I go once I'm at the apex to get a good exit?
Don't overthink it.
Single file, hold 60mph pace in to the corner and the race starts as you exit.
If I go to early, it's a penalty, if I go too late, it's a potential crash. That's why I'm overthinking it... well, imo I'm just asking for clarification on what's allowed.
Heikonyan
Heikonyan

TORA Race Number : 817
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down