TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion

+37
PMC ADi
DDM Driv3
HCR ChicaiN
AMS Turismo
ttony567
FSR Groves
HCCR RedDragon
RZM Salti
SVR Yamagura
Ryanvxracing
LMP Insanity
CarbonfiberYeti
Forza Europa
LZR Harmonic
BM34 fungamez
LSEM The Butler
SVR Solar
Jan Filip S
Freheliaz
VPR Torque
zrolizac
scoopNshooter
SGR Amber
AMS MeaD 212
Koenigsegg R
AdamWatson99
BHAFC Scorpion
Jay x Craig
SQD GGRacing
Ax4x Cowboy
Im Just Kurt
Ax4x Bandit
CTM AnonCaliga
Nightlocke
LMP Grizz
SFM Darkzer
BigBen13x
41 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

TORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: TORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion

Post by Forza Europa Fri 19 Oct 2018 - 14:46

LSEM The Butler wrote:Anyone got the pace for the proto at suzukua?

probably a low 41
Forza Europa
Forza Europa

TORA Race Number : 919
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2017-04-01

Back to top Go down

TORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: TORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion

Post by SFM Darkzer Fri 19 Oct 2018 - 15:48

I did a few laps, got low 42s.

The Darkzer Divebomb™️
TORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 EeiIi55TORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 Xnio3s10
2019 TORA Vintage 12 Hours of Sebring - P6
2019 TORA Class 24 Hours of Daytona - P6 GTO
2018 RORA NASCAR - P2
2018 RORA MPC - P2, P1 Team
2018 OPPO Endurance Championship - P2
2018 TORA V8 Supercars US - P7, P5 Team
2018 TORA Trans Am US - P6, P2 Team
2018 TORA Spec Cup US (Audi TTS) - P2, P1 Team
2018 TORA British GT - P11, P3 Team
2018 RORA RRIPA - P1
2018 TORA NATCC - P13, P5 Team
2018 TORA 24 Hours of Le Mans - P3
2018 RORA Le Mans Series VI - P1 PC
2018 TORA TASCAR - P3, P3 Team
2018 TORA ASCC - P3 Team
2018 RORA KTCC - P3
2017 RORA ARROW - P1
2017 RORA Le Mans Series V -  P3
2017 OPPO CTSC - P2
2016 RORA Le Mans Series IV -  P2 GT
SFM Darkzer
SFM Darkzer

TORA Race Number : 923
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 6463
Registration date : 2016-10-15

https://www.reddit.com/user/Sindroome24

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Mon 22 Oct 2018 - 16:30

TORA TEC UPDATE

BOP Changes for Suzuka

2017 Aston martin GT3 - BUFF - 854 PI. - 1 Front Tyre Width 2 Rear Tyre Widths

BMW - No Change

Chevy - NERF - loses 1 rear tyre Width

Ferrari - No Change

Ford - NERF - Loses 1 REAR Tyre Width

Porsche - BUFF - 1 front Tyre Width Added

AVERAGE LAPTIMES

These Laptimes are the Average from people within the Dev Team

2:01,979 - Aston Martin
2:01,615 - BMW
2:01,804 - Chevy
2:02,116 - Ferrari
2:01,751 - Ford
2:02,222 - Porsche

If you have any issues or feel our Data is wrong.. Please supply is with adequate Data of your Findings thanks..

Hope you Enjoy testing the new Builds 😃

Last edited by SVR Solar on Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 15:09; edited 1 time in total
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by LSEM The Butler Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 7:26

Someone tell me how this is balanced please. With 1 week before qualifying half the builds have changed and the BMW is blatantly quickest and one of the friendliest cars to drive. I think these cars should be balanced by someone outside of the series so that these builds don't appear biased. Not saying they were built with a BMW bias solar, I know you're not like that but by God it exists rn

Sent from Topic'it App
LSEM The Butler
LSEM The Butler

Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2018-01-30

http://www.lightspeedendurancemotorsport.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LSEM The Butler Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 7:29

May I suggest in the future opening these builds as soon as they're considered, tweeting them out and asking people to post times for all cars so that a proper average can be established

Sent from Topic'it App
LSEM The Butler
LSEM The Butler

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by DDM DriftiN Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 15:26

LSEM The Butler wrote:Someone tell me how this is balanced please. With 1 week before qualifying half the builds have changed and the BMW is blatantly quickest and one of the friendliest cars to drive. I think these cars should be balanced by someone outside of the series so that these builds don't appear biased. Not saying they were built with a BMW bias solar, I know you're not like that but by God it exists rn

Sent from Topic'it App

Saying the BMW is blatantly quickest would have to be supported by some data please. The data that has been collected over the past week or 2 has shown all cars to be very equal and fairly balanced by several drivers in our Development Team. And some cars still being a few tenths quicker than the BMW.

The fact that the suggested builds came from Harmonic, (who is racing in LMP) means that by definition it came from outside the series, for he benefits in no way. And with Staff and Development Team all driving different cars the balancing is natural.

LSEM The Butler wrote:May I suggest in the future opening these builds as soon as they're considered, tweeting them out and asking people to post times for all cars so that a proper average can be established

The reason for us having a Development Team is so that we dont need to ask the community to test the cars. The data would be inconsistent and would take too long to retrieve depending on what amounts of time people have. Our development team is made up of people who race different classes and at different speeds to make it as fair as possible across the board.

Drive Clean. Drive Fast.
If you have everything under control, you're not moving fast enough.

Dare Devil Motorsport Founder

Founded 2019
DDM DriftiN
DDM DriftiN

TORA Race Number : 624
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2016-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 15:32

LSEM The Butler wrote:Someone tell me how this is balanced please.
It's balanced because I and the rest of the Dev Team agreed that it's balanced.
LSEM The Butler wrote:...the BMW is blatantly quickest and one of the friendliest cars to drive.
You have data to back that up? You ran times in all 6 cars with proper tunes like we did and have data to show that the BMW is significantly faster? If so, please show it here.
LSEM The Butler wrote:I think these cars should be balanced by someone outside of the series so that these builds don't appear biased. Not saying they were built with a BMW bias solar, I know you're not like that but by God it exists rn
That's funny, because I'm the one who came up with these builds, and I'm not even in GT.

Seriously, quit wasting everyone's time with posts like these. If you have data to support this claim, show it. If not, this is nothing but an empty complaint aimed at the teams you keep losing to.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

TORA Race Number : 273
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Cowboy Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 16:00

I appreciate all the effort that goes on behind the scenes to balance the cars.

People complaining about BoP IS 'As real as it gets' Wink Laughing

One question though; why are the builds revised for each round? Is this to minimise testing at the start of the season? So that people can find more time to test between races than in one chunk? To balance them as closely as possible on a race-by-race basis rather than throughout the calendar?

I personally enjoy seeing the ebb and flow of cars up and down the order as tracks play to their strengths and weaknesses. I understand that can generate its own set of issues but keeping on top of builds when they are changing each race can be difficult too, especially when the post can get buried in the general discussion thread or the post in the Carlist thread is just edited rather than announced with a reply or noted in the Drivers Briefing for the round. Perhaps this is something to consider going forward?

TORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 ZAoqkoNTORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 D0QdeKU

2019 Classic Daytona 24H GTO  3rd  
Ax4x Cowboy
Ax4x Cowboy

TORA Race Number : 259
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 960
Registration date : 2012-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 16:07

BG Cowboy wrote:I appreciate all the effort that goes on behind the scenes to balance the cars.

One question though; why are the builds revised for each round? Is this to minimise testing at the start of the season? So that people can find more time to test between races than in one chunk? To balance them as closely as possible on a race-by-race basis rather than throughout the calendar?

I personally enjoy seeing the ebb and flow of cars up and down the order as tracks play to their strengths and weaknesses. I understand that can generate its own set of issues but keeping on top of builds when they are changing each race can be difficult too, especially when the post can get buried in the general discussion thread or the post in the Carlist thread is just edited rather than announced with a reply or noted in the Drivers Briefing for the round. Perhaps this is something to consider going forward?

Originally we planned for Whole Season but when me and Vortex (Prop3r12) only had a week to plan for that it came with it own issues as i was in Murica at the time...

So after speaking with Ben i think we have agreed we will do BoP for every circuit... it may become a bit more Taxing Depending on the Dates and what happens in the future but for now it's the best we can do unless Forza Gives us Balanced Cars without us having to Balance it ourselves....

SVR Solar
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by LSEM The Butler Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 16:13

SVR Solar wrote:
BG Cowboy wrote:I appreciate all the effort that goes on behind the scenes to balance the cars.

Originally we planned for Whole Season but when me and Vortex (Prop3r12) only had a week to plan for that it came with it own issues as i was in Murica at the time...

So after speaking with Ben i think we have agreed we will do BoP for every circuit... it may become a bit more Taxing Depending on the Dates and what happens in the future but for now it's the best we can do unless Forza Gives us Balanced Cars without us having to Balance it ourselves....

There are a couple of things that I am complaining about so imma just lay them out:
1. Primarily my quarrel is with the late release of these builds after we've been practising for a couple of weeks with just 1 week until qualifying. with no build change for the bmw this means that they are already more comfortable in the car then the rest.
2. The build changes are either biased to the bmw or are represented wrong if they are balanced. In my opinion the preliminary build changes should be released outside of a fortnight from the race and have a lobby where races are done with each of the cars to get a good sample size for the build changes. The system for the changes just needs to be adjusted rn since again either the BMW IS op or it appears so from a too small sample size.
LSEM The Butler
LSEM The Butler

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 16:22

Qualifying is within 2 weeks just so yano....
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by DDM DriftiN Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 16:26

LSEM The Butler wrote:There are a couple of things that I am complaining about so imma just lay them out:
1. Primarily my quarrel is with the late release of these builds after we've been practising for a couple of weeks with just 1 week until qualifying. with no build change for the bmw this means that they are already more comfortable in the car then the rest.
2. The build changes are either biased to the bmw or are represented wrong if they are balanced. In my opinion the preliminary build changes should be released outside of a fortnight from the race and have a lobby where races are done with each of the cars to get a good sample size for the build changes. The system for the changes just needs to be adjusted rn since again either the BMW IS op or it appears so from a too small sample size.

1. There are 2 weeks until qualifying. Race on November 10th and qualifying the week leading up to that. The builds haven't changed drastically only for the Aston which needs some aid grip wise.

2. The builds are in no way biased to the BMW. As I have already stated other cars are still a couple tenths quicker than it. The build changes are outside of a fortnight so I don't understand your complaint. The times are the average from several drivers where people are naturally more suited to one than the other. So please supply your own data and proof of the unfairness of the cars if you wish for changes to be made.

Drive Clean. Drive Fast.

Founded 2019
DDM DriftiN
DDM DriftiN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 16:30

LSEM The Butler wrote:There are a couple of things that I am complaining about so imma just lay them out:
If losing a tire width makes you completely relearn your car, then you have issues that no amount of BoP can solve.
LSEM The Butler wrote:2. The build changes are either biased to the bmw or are represented wrong if they are balanced. In my opinion the preliminary build changes should be released outside of a fortnight from the race and have a lobby where races are done with each of the cars to get a good sample size for the build changes. The system for the changes just needs to be adjusted rn since again either the BMW IS op or it appears so from a too small sample size.
Again, prove it. Show us a list of your times in each car. If you can't do this, your complaint has no support, and no action will be taken.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 16:55

TORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 Nothing-to-See-15a34a2fc727c8

One C is better.

TORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 1SYCYfDTORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 VWFRPRpTORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 KXuWtxqTORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 NmyjVoUTORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 ZxxURAMTORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 JgDewLgTORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 WLxDUZYTORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 5nPqOwATORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 K91JzVYTORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 70LXLscTORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 ZZnXNxnTORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 JUwEMx8TORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 PZtkh8X
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by LSEM The Butler Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 17:02

DriftiNHero wrote:

1. There are 2 weeks until qualifying. Race on November 10th and qualifying the week leading up to that. The builds haven't changed drastically only for the Aston which needs some aid grip wise.

2. The builds are in no way biased to the BMW. As I have already stated other cars are still a couple tenths quicker than it. The build changes are outside of a fortnight so I don't understand your complaint. The times are the average from several drivers where people are naturally more suited to one than the other. So please supply your own data and proof of the unfairness of the cars if you wish for changes to be made.

Aight then, I'm a numpty with the dates, thought the race was a week sooner than it was. As for the builds, I'd rather be part of the solution than point a stick at the problem, so I'll put together a couple of testing lobbies where all the drivers will run 5 laps with each of the cars, compile the times, and send them in. You all are invited to help me out, I'll post the times for the lobbies in General Discussion and on twitter.
LSEM The Butler
LSEM The Butler

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 18:28

LSEM The Butler wrote:Aight then, I'm a numpty with the dates, thought the race was a week sooner than it was. As for the builds, I'd rather be part of the solution than point a stick at the problem, so I'll put together a couple of testing lobbies where all the drivers will run  5 laps with each of the cars, compile the times, and send them in. You all are invited to help me out, I'll post the times for the lobbies in General Discussion and on twitter.
Wait, so you haven't even started on this, yet you're making claims about OP cars... How can you expect anyone to take you seriously?
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 22:52

Just gonna re quote myself here

SVR Solar wrote:If you have any issues or feel our Data is wrong.. Please supply is with adequate Data of your Findings thanks..
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Im Just Kurt Wed 24 Oct 2018 - 1:01

SVR Solar wrote:

I haven't done any running in any of the cars and I'm not racing this round so I'm not planning on testing. I'm also not going to question whether the BoP is accurate because of what I've said in the previous sentence and also the lap times look relatively close, but just out of interest because the times with the current builds are posted what were the lap times like before the builds got changed?
Im Just Kurt
Im Just Kurt

PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2018-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DDM DriftiN Wed 24 Oct 2018 - 2:09

FTR Vettel wrote:I haven't done any running in any of the cars and I'm not racing this round so I'm not planning on testing. I'm also not going to question whether the BoP is accurate because of what I've said in the previous sentence and also the lap times look relatively close, but just out of interest because the times with the current builds are posted what were the lap times like before the builds got changed?

The current builds with the times posted show a rough gap of about 6 tenths between all cars with several drivers having tested them.
Before the build change occured we were looking at a gap closer to 2 seconds from fastest to slowest.
This gap admittedly down to the Ford being a very grip based car and the Aston lacking in that sector.
Therefore we set a goal in the mid ground without making one car OP or another lacking too much.
Obviously some cars are still going to be quicker and more suited to each track but we achieved the best balance possible.

Drive Clean. Drive Fast.

Founded 2019
DDM DriftiN
DDM DriftiN

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by henkymetcola Sat 27 Oct 2018 - 12:12

Please stop arguing about BOP being biased. The staff is trying whatever they can to make the cars as close as possible. Pls don't try and make this look like a inside job or whatever, it just isn't so move on and try to be the quickest and enjoy the racing.
henkymetcola
henkymetcola

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2013-01-13

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by UMP Hornet Tue 6 Nov 2018 - 22:27

unfortunately, due to the lack of time, Forza Team Poland GT and Forza Team Poland LMP has to withdraw

i hope we will see you soon ;]

UMP Hornet

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2018-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Freheliaz Fri 23 Nov 2018 - 19:27

Is it possible to do a qualifying session on Sunday the 25th at 20:00 UK time?
I can host it but I can't do a qualifying session alone.

TORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 SEDnkBhTORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 JUwEMx8

Achievements
1st Indy 500 Lobby C 2020
3rd British GT Independent GT4 2017
2nd Teams TCR TCC 2015
3rd TCR Firecracker '15 Le Mons Underpowered
4th Independents GT Cup 2019
5th Teams V8 Supercars 2018
4th Le Mans 2017 GT Class
5th Spa 2017 GT Class
6th ASCC Endurance Cup 2017
5th British GT Winter Independents 2016
4th Ambitious But Rubbish Championship Mazda 2016
4th TCR Suzuka 1000km 2015
6th TCR GRX and 5th in Teams 2015
First Lobby Win:
2015 TCR TCC Round 4 Lobby C
Freheliaz
Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 26
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2014-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Sat 24 Nov 2018 - 2:10

Freheliaz wrote:Is it possible to do a qualifying session on Sunday the 25th at 20:00 UK time?
I can host it but I can't do a qualifying session alone.

so your wanting Sunday at 8pm? i'll speak to ben and see what we can sort out for you.. thanks for the early Notice though Smile

But DO KNOW we have not finished the BoP Changes if possible we will try get it sorted but may not be able to so please bare with us...
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

Xbox 360 PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Freheliaz Sat 24 Nov 2018 - 19:24

Well I still had the race on December the 1st in my calendar.
But it got moved back a week to the 8th.
So I want to do a qualifying session on Sunday the 2nd of December.

Gives you enough time to get the BoP done.

TORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 SEDnkBhTORA Endurance Championship - General Discussion - Page 6 JUwEMx8

Achievements
1st Indy 500 Lobby C 2020
3rd British GT Independent GT4 2017
2nd Teams TCR TCC 2015
3rd TCR Firecracker '15 Le Mons Underpowered
4th Independents GT Cup 2019
5th Teams V8 Supercars 2018
4th Le Mans 2017 GT Class
5th Spa 2017 GT Class
6th ASCC Endurance Cup 2017
5th British GT Winter Independents 2016
4th Ambitious But Rubbish Championship Mazda 2016
4th TCR Suzuka 1000km 2015
6th TCR GRX and 5th in Teams 2015
First Lobby Win:
2015 TCR TCC Round 4 Lobby C
Freheliaz
Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 26
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2014-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6