TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 20 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 20 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 20 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 20 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 20 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 20 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 20 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 20 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 20 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed

+34
Stonewall458
CQR The Butcher
F4H Bullet
VVV Grimm
Biggsy tv
JeffH16
i redbeard
AAR PacMan
CQR Senna
narboza22
VVV GunDaM
its troff
Crisis Nine
AMR of the Apex
JAMIE ANDERS0N
Bob Dixon 76
TG Wormburner
ATR DAN
ART Carrera
F4H Carrera
XTI Avenger
Pebb
LMR DarthMario
AMR JSlim
Radiation Louis
ckBrenneke
Ax4x Chaddy
HCR generaltso
CQR Rogue
CQR Aero
Matt
Richy59
nickyf1
lfcnicklfc
38 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 20 Empty Re: Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed

Post by nickyf1 Mon 28 Mar 2011 - 20:12

A little OT, BUT! I'd love to see a ''racing sim simulator'' where you control a player who is playing a sim Razz What would the difference really be like?

Here is a glmpse at cockpit mode.
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 20 Empty Re: Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed

Post by narboza22 Mon 28 Mar 2011 - 20:31

VVV Magictap wrote:you ever been in a race prepared car? I'm just guessing from your response it's a no. Wink In race prepared cars, the gearbox is very aggressive plus has no sound proofing like you road car will.

No, I've never driven a racecar before, but I know how to drive stick and I don't recall ever seeing gearshifts like that in any onboard footage from actual racing. Yes the shifts are loud, but it doesn't sound like something is broken. Plus, a 3 year old could get a street car H pattern gear box through its gears smoother and more quickly than the jerky shifts in Shift 2, which presumably are with sequential boxes.

From recent memory, the GT cars at Sebring appeared to smoothly accelerate out of 16 down the straight. They didn't lose a noticeable amount of momentum going through the gears.

Just my thoughts, I don't expect them to have instantaneous shifts like F1 cars, but I think its a little too far in the opposite extreme.
narboza22
narboza22

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2011-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Mar 2011 - 20:35

maybe dude. I think they did actually recordings though. But I'm not sure on that one.

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Mon 28 Mar 2011 - 21:32

Go take a car out and hit the clutch and shift like you do in a game at the same time while never lifting off the throttle. See how loud your gearbox is then.

Real drivers also heel toe and blip the throttle to set the rpms. Dont need to do that in a video game
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Mon 28 Mar 2011 - 22:06

At sebring all cars had paddle shifter's narboza so smooth gear transitions are all you would have seen.
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

TORA Race Number : 61
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 5111
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Mon 28 Mar 2011 - 22:56

AudiSport Louis wrote:At sebring all cars had paddle shifter's narboza so smooth gear transitions are all you would have seen.

You sure someone didn't have a 3 speed on the column?? scratch

lol!
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by narboza22 Mon 28 Mar 2011 - 23:47

VVV worm wrote:Go take a car out and hit the clutch and shift like you do in a game at the same time while never lifting off the throttle. See how loud your gearbox is then.

Real drivers also heel toe and blip the throttle to set the rpms. Dont need to do that in a video game

A road car wouldn't have the same racing spec straight cut dogtooth gears, so yes, slamming through the gears like that in a Mini Cooper will blow out the transmission pretty quickly.

I'm not sure how heel toe applies here as they are accelerating, not breaking.

AudiSport Louis wrote:At sebring all cars had paddle shifter's narboza so smooth gear transitions are all you would have seen.

Here's a video of a Corvette at Sebring in 2010. Yes there's a jolt with every shift, but the car does not noticeably stop accelerating.

Shift 2's physics look much better that Forza's, by miles.
haha, when i first watched this video, it took me about 4 minutes to realize they were comparing games...before i had thought it was all just one game...

AND i only realized that they were different after that long because i noticed the gloves...

trees look better in forza...
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Tue 29 Mar 2011 - 7:48

VVV worm wrote:Agreed that it is a bit much in a couple of the videos, others it isn't though. I guess I'll find out tomorrow. Maybe the dramatic shifts the arcade kids like it or something. Much better than FM3 putting in 800 tag and virus lobbies in a racing SIM while failing to give racers any sort of variety.

That was my rant of the day.

Remember, Forza is far from being a sim too.

Shift just has that kind of natural organicness to the tyre behaviour that looks very nice Very Happy
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Tue 29 Mar 2011 - 15:55

Career is the only racing mode I can find. I've been setting up the controls to mirror Forza for 20 minutes. I have ELITE mode on already.

No option to play Multiplayer at the start and I've programmed in the code. Don't know if I have to run a race.

The opening controls with a wheel are absolute crap, good in the corners but in a straight line this is absolutely horrendous. My force feedback goes left to right, left to right. I am going to have to fix the settings, switch to a controller, or snap this disc in half. Awful in a straight line and I cannot describe how much without the language filter getting me.

I will work on the settings to see if that helps. Oh, its okay in the corners
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Tue 29 Mar 2011 - 16:01

Really nice, if you set up your controls and mode on the main menu they DO NOT transfer to to career mode.

Switched career mode to ELITE and the straight line thing got reduced by about 60-70%. Still a huge deadzone in the middle of the wheel
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2011 - 16:04

PATCH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Tue 29 Mar 2011 - 16:06

where? what? eh?
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Tue 29 Mar 2011 - 16:16

but this

Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 20 5571471662_b3f2ca4028_z
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by narboza22 Tue 29 Mar 2011 - 16:42

VVV worm wrote:Really nice, if you set up your controls and mode on the main menu they DO NOT transfer to to career mode.

Switched career mode to ELITE and the straight line thing got reduced by about 60-70%. Still a huge deadzone in the middle of the wheel

What's it like with a controller? I'm think I'm going to go get this in an hour or so when Gamestop opens.
narboza22
narboza22

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiation Louis Tue 29 Mar 2011 - 16:49

i unfortunatly have to wait a while before i get mine.... racing in the real world comes first
Radiation Louis
Radiation Louis

TORA Race Number : 61
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 5111
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Tue 29 Mar 2011 - 16:49

I have no idea, I am awful with a controller in Forza so really can't base it off of anything. I wouldn't be able to give you a good opinion. I imagine it's better with a controller out of the box than it was for the wheel.

Dialed the steering lock from 270 to 180 and it helped a LOT. I'm going to mess with the deadzones and see if it is better.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Tue 29 Mar 2011 - 17:24

More setting adjustments and it is improving a ton.

Autolog is great, Forza needs this like a fat kid needs cake.

After 2 hours and messing about I think it is worth the money to get and experiment. The game has great potential once you work past the little day one ticks and start working with it. I still have no clue what I'm doing but I'm having fun not having a clue so that's working.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2011 - 17:33

WORM making me jealous already sending me pics ;( lol

Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - Page 20 Photo

Back to top Go down

Post by narboza22 Tue 29 Mar 2011 - 17:54

What's the livery editor like?
narboza22
narboza22

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Tue 29 Mar 2011 - 17:58

I just slapped a base livery on, that is pretty nice but I cannot vouch for the entire editor.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Tue 29 Mar 2011 - 18:00

Looking forward to getting my mits on this on Friday. I'm back from Zurich, and having the day off to give it my full attention!!

Worm, once you think you've got the wheel settings sussed out, it would probably be extremely useful to the other TORA wheel users if you wouldn't mind posting them (I'm a pad person until I can find a decent space for a Red Bull Playseat, and a way of making it invisible to fiancés!!)
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by narboza22 Tue 29 Mar 2011 - 18:14

The gameplay videos on youtube that claim to be on elite mode still look like there is massive understeer at every corner until you slid the backend out. Is that how it works, or are they just bad at driving?
narboza22
narboza22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next