TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA GT General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA GT General Discussion - Page 6 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA GT General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA GT General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA GT General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA GT General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA GT General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA GT General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA GT General Discussion - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA GT General Discussion

+32
Pebb
Keyzer
F4H Bullet
aBcPoTtHeDxYz
RSR Trooper
Stonewall458
F4H FACEPALMER
F4H Carrera
CQR Aero
Ianmr
CQR Champion
Matt
Crisis Nine
RR BodyRollin
Richy59
AMR JSlim
nickyf1
EZT Ramoza
Colonal Keidec
HCR generaltso
Biggsy tv
its troff
XTI Avenger
EZT PDILLY77
lfcnicklfc
LMR DarthMario
JeffH16
johnnyboy360
Captain Handbag
Smally268
TG Wormburner
CQR Rogue
36 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

MSA TORA GT General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: MSA TORA GT General Discussion

Post by TG Wormburner Thu 26 May 2011 - 22:09

its troff wrote:
VVV worm wrote:Weren't you a part of the testing group and contributed nothing? I'll let you answer that question.
Worm...just incase you missed this bit.
nickyf1 wrote:Again, this sort of method should be kept for when Forza 4 comes out.

To start there was as good as no structure to the testing that I was aware of, and within a week everyone was just told to download your tunes and post up times. Essentially if you were busy in that first week you had no input into the direction of the series...which was hardly a great motivation. Personally I never bothered posting up any times after that because I couldn't be arsed dealing with you and your poor attitude. Was it the same for anyone else? I'll let you answer that question.

Thanks for quoting this Slim I missed it.

My poor attitude is because of dumb comments like this. You had two weeks to offer input and a load of time beforehand to know what was going on before I spent my money to open up another Live account to put tunes on for the series. What did you think you were going to do? Throw something together in 33 seconds and go "hey duncan this thing needs 837 PI it flat sucks"? I'm guessing here but I'd say that is a better possibility than actually trying to do something, it's just easier to cry and moan afterwards.

TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA GT General Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: MSA TORA GT General Discussion

Post by nickyf1 Thu 26 May 2011 - 22:20

VVV worm wrote:nicky I understand what you are saying but it doesn't work like that. You can't put 8 guys in a tune and say "go" then average it. If say, Magic is in the group and runs 2 seconds quicker in every car but finds one that he can drive another second faster than the rest but no one else can his time gets lost. Well come car selection time you now have Magic knowing what car he is choosing because he is now 3 seconds quicker than the field. Guess what car all the faster members choose?

The only way that works is if you take your fastest 8 members, give them a list, and tell them to have at tuning and running cars. That is the only way that works.

If Magic were to go three seconds quicker, this would be reflected in the cars time+variation, and so its performance could be adjusted to suit other cars time+variation.

The quick drivers will always be quick, there is no doubt it about that, and quite rightly, the fast guys should be going quicker.

nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Thu 26 May 2011 - 22:23

Sorry nicky, I didn't explain it well enough(typing isn't good for that). What I mean is if Magic is a full second quicker in "car x" than he is in the others and the rest aren't it will get averaged down to nearly nothing after 8 people. It doesn't change the fact that a fast driver has a car that is a second quicker at it's best than everyone elses.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Thu 26 May 2011 - 22:33

so are the cars going to be changed?
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianmr Thu 26 May 2011 - 22:44

I think we will need to do further testing before we even consider making any changes to any of the cars.

But don't worry everyone will be notified if anything is to be changed.
Ianmr
Ianmr

TORA Race Number : 13
Number of posts : 2326
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Thu 26 May 2011 - 22:45

VVV worm wrote:Sorry nicky, I didn't explain it well enough(typing isn't good for that). What I mean is if Magic is a full second quicker in "car x" than he is in the others and the rest aren't it will get averaged down to nearly nothing after 8 people. It doesn't change the fact that a fast driver has a car that is a second quicker at it's best than everyone elses.

It doesn't, you're right. But I'm not just averaging it, i'm also working out the variation in time between the drivers, so you have the average, of all of the drivers, and then the bit that tells you how faster or slower that car could be depending on who was driving.

Ideally, these tests would have large time differences between drivers in the first place. If magic were to go much quicker, that would be great for the test, because that would give a good indication of variation, giving that car a large threshold.

It doesn't change anything, but it lets you observe just how quick a car is and lets you make changes more accurately, because you can see how a car performs over a large amount of people, rather than just one person, which means better decisions can be made when it comes to performance balancing.
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyboy360 Thu 26 May 2011 - 22:57

Can I just ask? What number boxes are we using? Painting my car now and I like it! Pics will come soon!

johnnyboy360

Number of posts : 1287
Registration date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Thu 26 May 2011 - 22:59

The same ones as we used in the winter Smile

Feel free to change the colours of the numberbox too.
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H FACEPALMER Thu 26 May 2011 - 23:09

I've asked twice now for them in the midst of this heated battle.

What a Face
F4H FACEPALMER
F4H FACEPALMER

TORA Race Number : 17
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Thu 26 May 2011 - 23:17

AAR FACEPALMER wrote:I've asked twice now for them in the midst of this heated battle.

What a Face

Hey dude sorry yes,

Add my on xbox love - selectiverogue and I will gift you over the number boxes 2mw Smile
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Champion Thu 26 May 2011 - 23:28

the road atlanta times will be up in 10mins!
CQR Champion
CQR Champion

Number of posts : 2260
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://www.ashleysuttonracing.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Thu 26 May 2011 - 23:34

Sorry facepalmer. If you add me I can ninja Duncan and send them tonight!
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Champion Thu 26 May 2011 - 23:45

Road Atlanta is now up!
CQR Champion
CQR Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Thu 26 May 2011 - 23:52

PLOW Champion wrote:
Road Atlanta
Cars PI Time Tune?
Ferrari F430 625 1.22.216 Good
Ferrari California 625 1.22.445 Very Basic
Gallardo 605 1.21.976 Good
TVR Sagaris 625 1.22.521 Average
Shelby GT500 635 1.22.798 No Tune
BMW M3 E92 630 1.22.116 Good
Lotus Evora 620 1.21.912 Good
370z 620 1.22.054 Good
Porsche Sport Classic 615 1.22.096 Good
Aston DBS 620 1.21.959 Good

I may agree to some upgrading, but some of these are way too high in my opinion. The Gallardo and Evora were put that low for a reason. The Evora has a glitch where a certain upgrade makes the car faster but lowers the PI. Get Worm to gift you one. The Gallardo is a leaderboard car and is superquick. Could another good tuner test these PI's too? (Worm?)
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Thu 26 May 2011 - 23:53

nickyf1 wrote:
VVV worm wrote:Sorry nicky, I didn't explain it well enough(typing isn't good for that). What I mean is if Magic is a full second quicker in "car x" than he is in the others and the rest aren't it will get averaged down to nearly nothing after 8 people. It doesn't change the fact that a fast driver has a car that is a second quicker at it's best than everyone elses.

It doesn't, you're right. But I'm not just averaging it, i'm also working out the variation in time between the drivers, so you have the average, of all of the drivers, and then the bit that tells you how faster or slower that car could be depending on who was driving.

Ideally, these tests would have large time differences between drivers in the first place. If magic were to go much quicker, that would be great for the test, because that would give a good indication of variation, giving that car a large threshold.

It doesn't change anything, but it lets you observe just how quick a car is and lets you make changes more accurately, because you can see how a car performs over a large amount of people, rather than just one person, which means better decisions can be made when it comes to performance balancing.

That's more than my tiny brain could care to process. Though these cars as a whole are pretty close. There are some that aren't (the Jag could go to R1 and be slow) but as a whole they are good. I would like to see what cars everyone is in though. I'm not privy to that information
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Thu 26 May 2011 - 23:54

Sorry simon I tried to do it again for him but I can't remember how I did it. My mind is scrambled up since then. I've tuned about 15 cars for comps (tried the Evora for two) and it is all jumbled up.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Thu 26 May 2011 - 23:57

But we need to take this to the GT testing group thread Duncan provided. We've already clogged up a request from FACEPALMER in here. Sorry about that again BTW. We can debate there without messing up the thread
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 May 2011 - 23:57

the porka and be glitched also

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Fri 27 May 2011 - 0:04

VVV worm wrote:I would like to see what cars everyone is in though. I'm not privy to that information

Can you not see the entry list table on the entry list thread? I'll put a link under it.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Fri 27 May 2011 - 0:07

Different glitch magic. Every car can use the aspiration glitch by adding weight and ripping it out. The Evora has more of a bug in it. You didn't do anything funny. Just adding a combo of parts and when you went up one level of oil or intercooler combined with those parts it dropped the PI about 18 points. You could then rip the weight right back out or add more HP. I found it on accident, it still had the aspiration as well. Just a weird bug in the car itself.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Champion Fri 27 May 2011 - 0:13

I haven't got round to them all.

But tbh honest Biggs if people are said enough to glitchs cars then they don't deserve to race. Biggs if your going to say about leaderboards well, the Porsche classic, Alfa 8C, are known to be leaderboard cars were as the gallardo isn't really one.
CQR Champion
CQR Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Fri 27 May 2011 - 0:24

A class RWD LB cars. Nothing touched the Gallardo
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Champion Fri 27 May 2011 - 0:27

You didnt meet our garage! We ferraris and everything!
CQR Champion
CQR Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyboy360 Fri 27 May 2011 - 7:27

nickyf1 wrote:The same ones as we used in the winter Smile

Feel free to change the colours of the numberbox too.

Thanks Nicky!

johnnyboy360

Number of posts : 1287
Registration date : 2010-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H FACEPALMER Fri 27 May 2011 - 8:31

No worries guys, thanks for sending those. I will finish up the paints tonight/tomorrow and get them sent to somebody, just let me know who.
F4H FACEPALMER
F4H FACEPALMER

TORA Race Number : 17
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next