TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
2012 FIA World Endurance Championship EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
2012 FIA World Endurance Championship EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
2012 FIA World Endurance Championship EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
2012 FIA World Endurance Championship EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
2012 FIA World Endurance Championship EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
2012 FIA World Endurance Championship EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
2012 FIA World Endurance Championship EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
2012 FIA World Endurance Championship EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
2012 FIA World Endurance Championship EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

2012 FIA World Endurance Championship

+31
Ax4x Cowboy
TMG Lapierre 7x
The Posimosh
ShrinkingSteven
AAR ABEnstein
JeffH16
theboomeranga
Duke of Bruno
LMR DarthMario
ATR DAN
AngelKristensen
F4H Lotterer
Ax4x Chaddy
VVV GunDaM
ART Carrera
Ianmr
Richy59
XTI Jon Snow
EZT Challenger
Radiation Louis
F4H Bullet
HCR generaltso
Matt
Stonewall458
narboza22
F4H Carrera
AMR of the Apex
lfcnicklfc
CQR Rogue
Biggsy tv
nickyf1
35 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

2012 FIA World Endurance Championship Empty 2012 FIA World Endurance Championship

Post by nickyf1 Fri 3 Jun 2011 - 16:06

FIA and the ACO join forces!

And whats really interesting is how GT's will be handled. So what happens to FIA GT1 now?!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91957
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

2012 FIA World Endurance Championship Empty Re: 2012 FIA World Endurance Championship

Post by nickyf1 Fri 3 Jun 2011 - 16:14

Hang on. What it actually does is incorporates the FIA GT series into the exisiting ACO ILMC.

Its a merger.
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

2012 FIA World Endurance Championship Empty Re: 2012 FIA World Endurance Championship

Post by Biggsy tv Fri 3 Jun 2011 - 16:15

2012 FIA World Endurance Championship Wet-pants-3

thanks nicky, got me a little excited there!

WOW, just wow. I'm waiting for it already!
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Fri 3 Jun 2011 - 16:17

Possibly the greatest multiple combo move in Motorsport in the past 20 years? Razz

Oh, go on then Nicky, this deserves THIS:
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Fri 3 Jun 2011 - 16:41

LOL Basically we wont see GT1 cars any more, so GT2 & GT3 = GT1 well class GT at Lemans Smile

So expect to see Maclrean back at le mans next year Smile

CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Fri 3 Jun 2011 - 16:43

Now please can we call this a return of the group c days..................

Please please please
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by lfcnicklfc Fri 3 Jun 2011 - 16:45

nickyf1 wrote:Hang on. What it actually does is incorporates the FIA GT series into the exisiting ACO ILMC.

Its a merger.

FIA confirmed at Silverstone that it's not a merger!
lfcnicklfc
lfcnicklfc

TORA Race Number : 11
Number of posts : 3589
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Fri 3 Jun 2011 - 17:00

Well, it'l end up being one. If i'm a manufacturer, and I want to build a GT1 car, i'll want to race it at Le Mans.
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Fri 3 Jun 2011 - 17:05

Oh. Wait. No.

FIA World Endurance Championship will be separate from the GT World Championship.

So GT1 will become GT1/GT2/GT3 and ILMC will have a new name.
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by AMR of the Apex Fri 3 Jun 2011 - 17:06

"I've got a bad feeling about this" Naboo, Mighty Boosh
"I've got a bad feeling about this" Han Solo, Star Wars
AMR of the Apex
AMR of the Apex

TORA Race Number : TBD
Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3833
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Fri 3 Jun 2011 - 17:10

nickyf1 wrote:Oh. Wait. No.

FIA World Endurance Championship will be separate from the GT World Championship.

So GT1 will become GT1/GT2/GT3 and ILMC will have a new name.

Correct GT1 is dead, Cars in GT will be GT2 & GT3.

Smile
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by AMR of the Apex Fri 3 Jun 2011 - 17:12

They better not call GT2 "GT1", cos thats just going to confuse people.
AMR of the Apex
AMR of the Apex

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Carrera Fri 3 Jun 2011 - 17:20

"The change to the FIA GT1 World Championship will be the creation of a new GT World Class. The new class will be open to 2011 specification GT1 and GT3 cars, as well as the 2009 GT2 cars. As a result the current spec GTE cars will not be allowed to race in the FIA GT World Championship, while current GT3 cars like the Audi R8 LMS, the Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 and the new McLaren MP4-12C GT3 could. The performance of the cars will be reviewed in order to create a level playing field and make it possible for more manufacturers to run their cars in the championship."
F4H Carrera
F4H Carrera

TORA Race Number : 60
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Fri 3 Jun 2011 - 19:13

Exacty if I were Porsche or Corvette hmmmm I wonder if I would choose a FIA seriers which didnt let me run @ Le Mans or a series that did hmmmmmmmmmmm
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by lfcnicklfc Fri 3 Jun 2011 - 19:17

Well Le Mans is on the calander for the series, so it's more of a decision of ILMC or Enduro Championship
lfcnicklfc
lfcnicklfc

TORA Race Number : 11
Number of posts : 3589
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by narboza22 Fri 3 Jun 2011 - 20:27

I'm not sure how this is in any way a good thing? Generally, everything that the FIA touches either explodes or bursts into flames, so them getting any where near Le Mans makes me nervous, not to mention Sebring or Petit.

Plus, GTE is the best racing on the planet. Why, why why, WHY would we want to FIA to come and screw that up? You've got BMW and Corvette who dump millions into their race teams each year, Ferrari just came out with the 458GT2, Lotus just released their GT2 car, and I thought Porsche had something new in the works for the next year or so. How does making a world championship and excluding ALL of these cars sound like a good idea?
narboza22
narboza22

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2011-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Fri 3 Jun 2011 - 20:31

Guys I suggest you listen to Radio Le Mans next week,

Porsche and corvette will be able to complete IN THE GT CLASS AT LEMANS lol
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Fri 3 Jun 2011 - 20:49

The FIA World Sportscar Championship survived well untill the early nineties.

That was 20 years ago, the FIA then is nothing of the FIA now.
nickyf1
nickyf1

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by narboza22 Fri 3 Jun 2011 - 22:07

Duncan wrote:Guys I suggest you listen to Radio Le Mans next week,

Porsche and corvette will be able to complete IN THE GT CLASS AT LEMANS lol

Yes, but this is going to mean that every other manufacturer like Audi and McLaren are not going to have to make GT2 cars to compete at Le Mans since they can just run their GT3s. I don't want to watch a MP4-12C GT3 run around in circles at Le Mans, I want to see the best GT2 offering Woking can come up with and pit it in a death match against the best Ferrari, Corvette, BMW, and Porsche have got.

When they killed GT1, that was a good thing because it was consolidating all of the teams and manufacturers into a single insanely competitive class. What we've got now is arguably one of the most competitive fields ever in motorsport, so why try to fix something that isn't broken?

All I'm saying is that when the FIA shows up at your door, you should run and hide because before you know it, all of your cars will be running on spec tires and have a magical flappy rear wing that will let the slow cars suck slightly less in comparison to the fast cars.

Also, how does this impact the Le Mans/ALMS situation? They are already running different classes in the ALMS, and I can't see the people in charge over here being too pleased about having a bunch of completely different cars thrown onto the grid at Sebring and Petit.
narboza22
narboza22

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonewall458 Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 12:18

http://www.planetlemans.com/2011/09/11/strakka-racing-to-enter-wec-with-new-hpd-arx-03a/

Strakka Racing to enter WEC with new HPD ARX-03a

Strakka Racing aims to revive the tradition of the small British privateer sportscar team taking on the giant car manufacturers when the Silverstone-based squad contests the 2012 FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC).

The announcement, made during the Autosport 6 Hours of Silverstone, confirms that drivers Nick Leventis, Jonny Kane and Danny Watts will move from a LMP2 chassis in the Le Mans Series to a P1 Honda Performance Development HPD ARX-03a in the WEC.

The car will be powered by a 3.4-litre normally aspirated HPD V8 engine (which has been designed and built by HPD at its headquarters in Santa Clarita, California), have an entirely new Wirth Research designed chassis and run on Michelin tyres. Testing will begin later this year in the USA, before the car is transported to its new home at Silverstone.

Established in 2007, Strakka Racing made its Le Mans 24 Hour race debut in 2008 with an Aston Martin DBR9 GT1, followed with a Ginetta-Zytek GZ09S LMP1 in 2009. A new chapter in the team’s short yet successful history began with its association with Honda Performance Development, which saw a remarkable 2010 season – in which it raced the HPD-ARX 01c and became the first P2 team to win a round of the Le Mans Series outright (Hungaroring) and break five records at the Le Mans 24 Hours – including the highest overall finish by a P2 car in the history of the event, when it came home in 5th. It remains in contention for the 2011 LMS LMP2 title, after a season of exceptional team-work, intelligent race strategy, faultless driving, dogged determination and the reliability of the twin-turbo V6-engined HPD-ARX 01d.

The calendar for the WEC has yet to be announced, but Strakka Racing has no hesitation in announcing its participation, confident that the Automobile Club de l’Ouest and the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile will create a series befitting its world championship status. The Le Mans 24 Hours (16-17 June) has already been confirmed as one of the points-scoring rounds.

Nick Leventis: “The evolution of Strakka Racing has been remarkably quick and we’ve enjoyed a tremendous amount of success in a relatively short period of time. We always set out to be a world sportscar team and to compete at the very highest level. Our success, particularly in P2 last year, illustrates the ambition, drive, ability and skill of the team and that we are ready for the challenge of P1. We are proud of our relationship with HPD, Wirth Research and Michelin and it’s a privilege to make this journey into the FIA World Endurance Championship together and demonstrate what the HPD-ARX 03a can do on a world stage. For us, it’s also reviving the tradition of the small British privateer sportscar team taking on the big manufacturer teams. We hope to achieve some respectable results and spring some surprises, and I have every faith that the project will be a huge success.”

Danny Watts: “I’m very excited about racing in the top class in the new FIA World Endurance Championship. Racing on the world stage in LMP1 is a natural progression for us as a team, following our success in the LMP2 category over the last two years at the Le Mans 24 Hours and in the Le Mans Series. Next year’s car will clearly be very competitive as it’s already finished second at Sebring, and with further development and track time we are confident of extracting even more from it. From a driver’s point of view, I can’t wait for the new challenges that lie ahead with a new car, new circuits and different competition.”

Jonny Kane: “I’m obviously very excited about next year. I was lucky enough to have a run in the HPD LMP1 car out at Sebring after the race there earlier this year, so I got to have a taste of what’s in store for next year. I know there are some differences to the car we’ll be racing in 2012, but it was really good to have an early run and see what the car is capable of. As a driver coming up through the ranks, I never shied away from racing against anybody and I think everybody in the team shares that ambition judging by the way the guys prepare the trucks, the car, the speed of the pit stops, engineering and everything, so we’re really looking forward to going up against all the big guys like Audi and Peugeot and trying to show what we’re capable of.”

Piers Phillips, Team Principal and Technical Director: “I’m extremely thrilled and excited to be in the position to announce Strakka Racing’s plans for 2012 in the FIA World Endurance Championship so early ahead of the official programme announcement and before the end of the current season. It’s a fantastic position to be in and it reflects not only the strong relationship that exists between Strakka, HPD and Wirth Research, but also all the hard work that’s gone into the previous two and a half years. Any successful programme is a journey and our first two years were always going to be a learning curve and the plan was always to spend them in P2. The timing of this new opportunity to move into P1 has been impeccable, with the availability of the HPD-ARX 03a, the ACO and FIA’s creation of a brand new world championship and the position that Strakka is in in terms of its growth and development. It’s now ready to step up for the next challenge. We’re delighted to be able to run a car that’s undoubtedly going to be competitive from the word go due to the technical support of HPD, Wirth Research and Michelin, and we’re looking forward to relishing every challenge that next year throws up.”

Roger Griffiths, Technical Director at Honda Performance Development: “For everybody at Honda Performance Development, American Honda and also Honda Europe, it’s extremely exciting that this announcement is coming from Strakka Racing. This is an extension of a programme that’s been running for two years already and has seen a tremendous amount of success – Strakka were LMP2 winners at Le Mans in 2010 and very close to winning the championship the same year as well. What we’ve seen is Strakka grow as a race team into a very professional outfit. HPD prides itself on working with operations like Strakka and we believe the announcement to move to LMP1 now is a culmination of the fruits of our efforts over the past two years to really take the team to the next level. HPD is bringing its experience from sportscar racing in North America to help Strakka get the success that we know that they’re capable of and we’re very proud to continue our relationship.”

Nick Wirth, President of Wirth Research: “Wirth Research has worked with Strakka Racing for some time now and we are two companies tied by a common quest for perfection and success. With Nick Leventis, Danny Watts and Jonny Kane driving, Strakka presents a formidable on-track force and, coupled with the excellent technical team lead by Piers Phillips and Karl Patman [Assistant Team Manager], they set the highest standards of professionalism. We are delighted to renew our partnership with them.”
Stonewall458
Stonewall458

Number of posts : 1560
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by narboza22 Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 8:50

http://www.lemans.org/fr/actualites/Calendrier_du_Championnat_du_Monde_d-Endurance_de_la_FIA_2012_5619.html

Good move FIA, the one thing that everyone agrees on is that Bahrain is not only a fantastic race track that is sure to make for a great race, but that its also a perfectly safe and stable society in which a round from a World Championship has a place.
narboza22
narboza22

Back to top Go down

Post by AMR of the Apex Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 9:18

2012 FIA World Endurance Championship Implied-facepalm-implied-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1259858393
AMR of the Apex
AMR of the Apex

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 9:52

If its the old Bahrain, an not ye mickey mouse Bahrain, and doesn't get cancelled, then yes.

Interesting placement of Interlagos too.
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Post by AMR of the Apex Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 10:09

Simon wrote:If its the old Bahrain, an not ye mickey mouse Bahrain...

2012 FIA World Endurance Championship 11374040
AMR of the Apex
AMR of the Apex

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 10:34

That's a good calendar, though annoying that PLM isn't on it.
Silverstone is a month earlier too which is good actually... August was really quiet for me this year Wink
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next