TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion

+90
CQR HABURi
Wooflers
ATP Ginge
Joito04
SVR Yamagura
LMR Zakspeed
BG Wingnut396
EMW Takum1
ATP Flying Ace
XPR Clutch
ART Carrera
F4H Stingray
Red Dirt Bandit
KickRocks29
Modafaya
Dav of Krypton
Morne in Glory
CredibleWizard
danfay12
Mandown46
ATP Rage
ATR DAN
Brenwalsh
CQR Shifty
TLR Scrublord
xVampirAx
Markius Fox
Racing Dk
RW26 BLAZE
Velox Midget
F4H Hakkinen
BG Scarlett
JerseyboySS
BG Wumba
ll Taku ll
CQR Cobblepop
CQR Aero
Peader24
Ax4x Cowboy
F4H Carrera
CQR NEON
Duke of Bruno
Diablo 29x
Euphoric Blaze
HCR ChicaiN
SnippetyOggy86
The Posimosh
PURE IMPERIUM
XPR Dwarf
MOPAR001
exp1osive sam
TG Wormburner
AAR ABEnstein
Texaspotatolord
F4H Drake
F4H Bullet
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Kane
MT2 Levin
SCR3WUGUYZ
HCR Motorhead
CreamyTastey
LMR DarthMario
Koenigsegg R
WhiteShark NL
XXX Skyrocket
LMR Deftone MX
Ax4x Mikey J
Standaman94
tsaFooT
CQR Vapor
Ax4x Chaddy
Matt
CQR D4N13L
F4H bandicoot
Adder 020
theboomeranga
MAK42
AdamWatson99
ShrinkingSteven
LMR BlackHawk
HCR generaltso
CQR Rogue
Racert46
Richy59
LastNewtStandin
RumbleBee 392
F4H Lotterer
XPR Roadrunner
Hailfire97x
94 posters

Page 17 of 33 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next

Go down

TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion

Post by The Posimosh Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 10:44

Midgetexpress wrote:
Nick James123 wrote:

is VERY hard to make all the cars within 1second of one another around TWO completely different tracks……

Well we manage to get 4 classes of cars to within half a second in the FLMS on the vast majority of tracks we run in the series, not just one or two, so one second really isn't a tight enough margin in my opinion. The Corvette is blatantly the fastest, anyone who doesn't think otherwise is sorely mistaken, it is also very easy to drive fast. ....
I do agree with the homaligation/performance balancing issues outlined here and elsewhere in the forum (and in racing in general). Namely, unless you keep the rules super constrictive, absolute parity is difficult or impossible to attain. The way I see it (though I very well could be completely incorrect), in TORA seasons and series past, a handicapping system like that of FLM (with higher power and grip handicaps), presented a problem in that the perceived advantage of unhandicapped cars made people want to run the cars without any sort of restriction. There are a variety of reasons for this, but in these big races, tuning plays a huge roll in pace. It is easier to tune without a handycap for obvious reasons, and like I said the perception (actual or otherwise) that handicapped cars were artificially slow came up constantly. FLM is a smaller group of almost all super quick and serious drivers and tuners (with the obvious exception of myself of course). These folks will determine the outright pace of a car quicker than the average player. In FLM this is maybe a handful of racers, at tora its a couple dozen.
Now for the real issues, Will there be performance balancing from race to race? I tend to think having safe, fairly fast, and dependable drivers will be far more important than having the absolute quickest car over the course of a one lap. That said, it is important to ensure fairness for all (which is easier said than done). Either way, it is a thankless and laborious task putting this stuff on, so I commend TORA and FLM (and VM, and the like) for putting the time and effort in to this stuff so that we, the users , can enjoy a fulfilling and fun racing experience.
The Posimosh
The Posimosh

TORA Race Number : 113
Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2012-03-04

http://posimosh.com

Back to top Go down

TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion

Post by RW26 BLAZE Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 11:00

question bout raceday......is that a saturday or a sunday
RW26 BLAZE
RW26 BLAZE

TORA Race Number : 515
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1251
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 11:01

a WORM a wrote:

General, this is going to be the worst spring ever. We are already getting tornado's in Jan/Feb.

i am very worried about this spring... i think we might see another round like a couple years ago...

Last edited by gen3ral ts0 on Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 11:07; edited 1 time in total
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 11:04

RW26 BLAZE wrote:question bout raceday......is that a saturday or a sunday

Starts 2pm GMT Saturday and ends 2am GMT Sunday.

TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 W9Zxp6dTORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 AcRCGdgTORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 MNafhU3TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 Wz5UuVmTORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 KUxkD1yTORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 W1XKgn0TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 VSaZmbSTORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 WgsuLHS

TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 Sig10
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PURE IMPERIUM Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 11:05

RW26 BLAZE wrote:question bout raceday......is that a saturday or a sunday

It starts 2pm GTM Saturday and finishes Sunday 2am GMT !!
PURE IMPERIUM
PURE IMPERIUM

TORA Race Number : 560
Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2012-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by PURE IMPERIUM Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 11:06

Ooppps...didnt come up with it saying someone had already answered, must had pressed send at the same time lol!
PURE IMPERIUM
PURE IMPERIUM

TORA Race Number : 560
Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2012-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 11:09

TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 2666031

Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 12:23

car caps go against getting everyone online racing...balance cars as best as possible and people / teams will choose different cars. People like to be different. Yes some people are sheep, but others are not.

I see a rush for the same car as a reflection something is not balanced as well as previously thought, or it simply wouldn't happen like that. History would show everyone wanted the corvette in previous years otherwise, and that simply hasn't been the case.

Unfortunately, wheel vs Pad in testing / developing a series now needs to be taken into account balancing cars. All cars need to be tested with a pad and a wheel. Then the leveling of Pad to Wheel we know can't be done, but an understanding of any complaints that wheel vs pad throws up can be answered quickly with an explanation.

In the TEC specifically, the tracks and the time frames involved require leveling to be done for each round, FM4 leveling just won't cater to long tracks and large time frames with such different characteristics and tuning possibilities. 2 seconds a lap over a 20 lap race in a touring car is manageable. 2 seconds a lap over 319 lap race (this is what we managed last year with a less than good overall race!) equals 6 laps difference before the race even begins!!

Just my 2 pennies ;O)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Cowboy Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 12:54

So all this fuss is for Le Mans in the summer?

Can I suggest that people leave it for now because the cars are clearly reasonably balanced for Sebring.

Once Sebring is over, the Admin team could open up a site-wide test thread so anyone and everyone can report back their own testing results to help the orgainisers balance the cars for Le Mans. If you don't include your testing results then you can't complain.

With Le Mans being twice as long as Sebring (based of GTE laptime) then if 1 second a lap is the target on Sebring, 2 seconds a lap would be a good target on Le Mans. Tighter timing would be better but with the lack of adjustability in PI and Handicaps, 2 seconds may be as good as it gets.

While it is understandable if people picked cars based on combined times at both tracks, if it needs to be adressed, then so be it. Then, if everyone can see in the site-wide test thread that the cars are reasonably close then expect a rush for the ones that have been shown fastest in that thread and suggest to anyone who still thinks they are too unbalanced to sit the race out.

There will always be a 'fastest car' and there will always be a rush for the 'fastest car'. If you're racing for 12/24 hours then you're racing to do as well as you can.
Ax4x Cowboy
Ax4x Cowboy

TORA Race Number : 259
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 960
Registration date : 2012-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 13:28

Yo peeps. Just a couple of highlights to share to impress upon you the importance of taking the racing line at all times in a slower car, it is actually safer and easier for faster cars to negotiate you when you do this, even ends up being faster even though it may not feel like it, but if we know where you'll be and when, we can wait where needed and safely pass where it should be safe. If you start trying to let people through it can cause more delay and accidents!

GOOD = https://youtu.be/3TaGoz68M_I?t=34m55s

It may seem like the slower car is in the way, but actually taking the racing line meant I could wait and not dive into a tempting gap.

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Drake Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 16:39

CQR Magictap wrote:Yo peeps. Just a couple of highlights to share to impress upon you the importance of taking the racing line at all times in a slower car, it is actually safer and easier for faster cars to negotiate you when you do this, even ends up being faster even though it may not feel like it, but if we know where you'll be and when, we can wait where needed and safely pass where it should be safe. If you start trying to let people through it can cause more delay and accidents!

GOOD = https://youtu.be/3TaGoz68M_I?t=34m55s

It may seem like the slower car is in the way, but actually taking the racing line meant I could wait and not dive into a tempting gap.

Your lines are beautiful.
F4H Drake
F4H Drake

TORA Race Number : 23
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2012-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 16:45

thank you sir - i try to follow the track limits as defined by TORA ;O)

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 17:11

I remember that stint magic. I had a lot of fun that race.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 17:13

keeping conversations to a minimum is nice as well, i think you'll find that the really good prototype drivers dont need to call out their spots Cool

thus keeping the room silent and concentration much easier.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 17:16

^ i personally agree with this. If the slower car is taking and focusing on the racing line there should be no need in most cases for any communication between the drivers as the faster class makes its way past.

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 17:25

Yeah I had that issue at the Nurb... I'd be waiting to get past a slower car, then they notice me approaching then move off the line, practically into my path, and say "GO LEFT GO LEFT" and I just think "No, I should crash into you just in spite."
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Racing Dk Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 17:32

Good lines there Magictap
Racing Dk
Racing Dk

TORA Race Number : 359
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR NEON Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 17:43

At britcar i had no problem letting quicker cars past me as if they where close enough i would announce that they go down the inside and i would let them through with ease. If there is enough communication between people there shouldn't be a problem passing (obviously nurb was a little different as the track is so tight) also there is a problem with quicker cars wanting to get past in a rather arrogant manner chopping noses off and diving for insides of corners without announcing etc. people should just be a little more patient and aware and everything will be fine. Cool
CQR NEON
CQR NEON

TORA Race Number : 255
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 17:52

cheers dk

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamWatson99 Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 18:34

does anyone know when the numberboards are coming out

TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 TsO0dy4
TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 5abWQEUTORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 WDatqwmTORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 OzaFSINTORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 LvDGGYCTORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 JLyFQV9TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 0iPa9cgTORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 P5zWWuhTORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 WEP5T0K

TORA A Lobby Wins 1st : 14
#99 Allied Forces Racing Driver : http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/
TORA Winter British GT4 Drivers and Independent Champion 1st
TORA SUV Cup Drivers CHampionship 1st
TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 17 Ax4x10
AdamWatson99
AdamWatson99

TORA Race Number : 99
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2012-07-11

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 18:35

I have a copy... Is that why you inv'd me to a par-tay earlier?
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 18:39

Midgetexpress wrote:
Nick James123 wrote:

is VERY hard to make all the cars within 1second of one another around TWO completely different tracks……

Well we manage to get 4 classes of cars to within half a second in the FLMS on the vast majority of tracks we run in the series, not just one or two, so one second really isn't a tight enough margin in my opinion. The Corvette is blatantly the fastest, anyone who doesn't think otherwise is sorely mistaken, it is also very easy to drive fast.
Series diversity comes from well-balanced cars, I will again use the FLMS as an example. We have Ferrari, Porsche, BMW, Corvette and SRT all well-represented. People have chosen the car they like the most, because they aren't at a disadvantage choosing it. We have caps, but that is because we only allow a limited number of teams (only real teams). We haven't had to place individual car caps because of people flocking to any one car in GT. Nobody who I have talked to chose their TEC car based on passion for their particular car. They all chose based on performance, namely the massively rapid 'Vette. I love the Porsche but I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole here, it is utterly broken.
I do appreciate that testing is a long, frustrating process and is a very thankless task by the way.

Hello Viper represent!
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2012-06-21

http://www.formulaforza.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MT2 Levin Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 19:13

XPR Roadrunner wrote:
Midgetexpress wrote:
Nick James123 wrote:

Well we manage to get 4 classes of cars to within half a second in the FLMS on the vast majority of tracks we run in the series, not just one or two, so one second really isn't a tight enough margin in my opinion. The Corvette is blatantly the fastest, anyone who doesn't think otherwise is sorely mistaken, it is also very easy to drive fast.
Series diversity comes from well-balanced cars, I will again use the FLMS as an example. We have Ferrari, Porsche, BMW, Corvette and SRT all well-represented. People have chosen the car they like the most, because they aren't at a disadvantage choosing it. We have caps, but that is because we only allow a limited number of teams (only real teams). We haven't had to place individual car caps because of people flocking to any one car in GT. Nobody who I have talked to chose their TEC car based on passion for their particular car. They all chose based on performance, namely the massively rapid 'Vette. I love the Porsche but I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole here, it is utterly broken.
I do appreciate that testing is a long, frustrating process and is a very thankless task by the way.

Hello Viper represent!

indeed!
MT2 Levin
MT2 Levin

TORA Race Number : 671
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2013-02-03

https://www.facebook.com/MahoneDesign/

Back to top Go down

Post by Markius Fox Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 19:51

Would have chosen the Panoz, it feels really nice.
Markius Fox
Markius Fox

PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2012-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Velox Midget Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 19:54

Markius Fox wrote:Would have chosen the Panoz, it feels really nice.

Maybe, but have you LOOKED at the thing? It should be banned for being too ugly, it will put everyone else in the lobby off
Velox Midget
Velox Midget

TORA Race Number : 434
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2012-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 33 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next