TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 16 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 16 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 16 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 16 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 16 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 16 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 16 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 16 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 16 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion

+90
CQR HABURi
Wooflers
ATP Ginge
Joito04
SVR Yamagura
LMR Zakspeed
BG Wingnut396
EMW Takum1
ATP Flying Ace
XPR Clutch
ART Carrera
F4H Stingray
Red Dirt Bandit
KickRocks29
Modafaya
Dav of Krypton
Morne in Glory
CredibleWizard
danfay12
Mandown46
ATP Rage
ATR DAN
Brenwalsh
CQR Shifty
TLR Scrublord
xVampirAx
Markius Fox
Racing Dk
RW26 BLAZE
Velox Midget
F4H Hakkinen
BG Scarlett
JerseyboySS
BG Wumba
ll Taku ll
CQR Cobblepop
CQR Aero
Peader24
Ax4x Cowboy
F4H Carrera
CQR NEON
Duke of Bruno
Diablo 29x
Euphoric Blaze
HCR ChicaiN
SnippetyOggy86
The Posimosh
PURE IMPERIUM
XPR Dwarf
MOPAR001
exp1osive sam
TG Wormburner
AAR ABEnstein
Texaspotatolord
F4H Drake
F4H Bullet
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Kane
MT2 Levin
SCR3WUGUYZ
HCR Motorhead
CreamyTastey
LMR DarthMario
Koenigsegg R
WhiteShark NL
XXX Skyrocket
LMR Deftone MX
Ax4x Mikey J
Standaman94
tsaFooT
CQR Vapor
Ax4x Chaddy
Matt
CQR D4N13L
F4H bandicoot
Adder 020
theboomeranga
MAK42
AdamWatson99
ShrinkingSteven
LMR BlackHawk
HCR generaltso
CQR Rogue
Racert46
Richy59
LastNewtStandin
RumbleBee 392
F4H Lotterer
XPR Roadrunner
Hailfire97x
94 posters

Page 16 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 33  Next

Go down

TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion

Post by RumbleBee 392 Sat 23 Feb 2013 - 22:10

[quote="F4H bandicoot"]
XPR Soundwave wrote:
F4H bandicoot wrote:
XPR Soundwave wrote:

If your the best, then you'll be the best in any car..

This is simply not true.
If drivers X and y and identical pace wise (and are the two fastest drivers), yet driver x is in the vette and y is in the viper (yet also wanted to be in the vette) Who is going to win??

Well that's not true either.

And I don't think people are discussing the caps for that reason either, a few people in this thread have raised excellent points about why the cap system should not be needed.

I'll check again but the recurring theme was "no cap, cuz if the cars are so balance than diversity will come" but "if the cars aren't balanced we would have one make endurance race." ( Go see iRacing.com< Sebring race they did have 3 classes and all one make... Boring to watch>)

But what I have not seen is all this Cap issue with the LMPs.

Like Nick James said, lets drop this and move on. And remember there is a random community endurance race that the Staff could decide on No Car Caps and see what happens.
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3126
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: TORA 12 Hours of Sebring - General Discussion

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Sat 23 Feb 2013 - 22:24

Damn this is like the days of AJ again and thats fricken saying something, all the moaning again Sad

I am worried about the Astons pace I really am but I love driving it so thats why I'm in it, I believe it should have 15% power but aw well its only about 5 tenths between 15% & 20%. Its a long race Smile
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Sat 23 Feb 2013 - 22:33

CQR Franchitti wrote:Damn this is like the days of AJ again and thats fricken saying something, all the moaning again Sad

I am worried about the Astons pace I really am but I love driving it so thats why I'm in it, I believe it should have 15% power but aw well its only about 5 tenths between 15% & 20%. Its a long race Smile

Le Mans
Aston 178
Vette 192
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

TORA Race Number : 750
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1797
Registration date : 2011-01-10

http://teamgizmo.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Sat 23 Feb 2013 - 22:45

yep thats my worry Worm Sad Its like the AMR One/Acura last season in P1
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Scarlett Sat 23 Feb 2013 - 22:59

Hailfire97x wrote:My third fury, which is less of a fury and more of a conspiracy theory, is that TORA staff who can reply in locked topics (or so I assume) get spots 1-2-3-4 in the topic. That alone took up a lot of the very popular cars.

Just to point out that Hainesy is not a member of staff Very Happy I think he wishes, but isn't.

BG Scarlett
BG Scarlett

TORA Race Number : 106
Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2012-02-28

http://www.britishgamers.enjin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Sat 23 Feb 2013 - 23:33

Hailfire97x wrote:My third fury, which is less of a fury and more of a conspiracy theory, is that TORA staff who can reply in locked topics (or so I assume) get spots 1-2-3-4 in the topic. That alone took up a lot of the very popular cars.

This is madness. I was first to post and a) there wasn't a huge rush on the Aston anyway, and b) it was 8:00 - look at the post time. My fury is baseless accusations by someone with sour grapes.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Texaspotatolord Sat 23 Feb 2013 - 23:37

I just noticed there's some Tequila Patron teams...I guess we're not simulating the no alcohol branding at Le Mans?
lol!

Texaspotatolord

TORA Race Number : 597
Number of posts : 546
Registration date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 0:13

Texaspotatolord wrote:I just noticed there's some Tequila Patron teams...I guess we're not simulating the no alcohol branding at Le Mans?
lol!

TORA sponsor rules allow alcohol but prohibit tobacco and "adult" themes.
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 0:22

CQR Aero wrote:
Texaspotatolord wrote:I just noticed there's some Tequila Patron teams...I guess we're not simulating the no alcohol branding at Le Mans?
lol!

So a Jack Daniels flavoured Durex condoms sponsored Livery won't be allowed then? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hailfire97x Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 0:46

CQR Aero wrote:My fury is baseless accusations by someone with sour grapes.

'Sour grapes?' You're the one who is overreacting to it. I made an observation (with the phrase 'conspiracy theory' -- not the most convincing of terms) all with the theme of 'race on, things will work out anyways!'

BG Scarlett pretty much worked it out as a joke. Just calm your ass down, Aero. Not everyone's out here to deface TORA. I'm actually quite alright about the outcomes.

Now if you really ARE guilty of cheating, and you're accidentally taking center stage over nothing (the old 'Why's everyone looking at me!' cliché) then, well, gotcha! Laughing
Hailfire97x
Hailfire97x

TORA Race Number : 9
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2012-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 0:58

STR Warspite GB wrote:
CQR Aero wrote:
lol!

So a Jack Daniels flavoured Durex condoms sponsored Livery won't be allowed then? Very Happy

Probably lol
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2012-06-21

http://www.formulaforza.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 1:02

Ok wow, so lets get back on topic. Who is ready to see some paints? I know I am!

Looking forward to the even lobby split. More competition and tighter traffic Smile
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 1:21

XPR Roadrunner wrote:
STR Warspite GB wrote:
CQR Aero wrote:
lol!

Probably lol

Only noticing now that you're in Toronto also. I live at Runnymede Station pretty much. Having great fun this past week trying not to kill myself with the amount of ice around!
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

TORA Race Number : 379
Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 2:29

It's about 60 degrees here during the day
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 3:30

30 degrees here... 40 on a good day.

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 3:45

Yeah it's colder than that here. You got it mild Worm!
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Texaspotatolord Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 3:45

It's like 90 degrees here on a good day.

Texaspotatolord

TORA Race Number : 597
Number of posts : 546
Registration date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 3:47

a WORM a wrote:It's about 60 degrees here during the day

when it's not tornadoing.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 3:48

Sunny 70s in So-Cal Smile
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 3:59

There's a grand stretch in the evenings too......
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

TORA Race Number : 379
Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 4:03

The Armpit of America's temperature is just all over the damn place...
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by TG Wormburner Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 4:33

It's better than being the choad of America. Welcome to Jersey! Razz

General, this is going to be the worst spring ever. We are already getting tornado's in Jan/Feb.
TG Wormburner
TG Wormburner

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by XPR Roadrunner Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 4:41

F4H Chrisupra wrote:
XPR Roadrunner wrote:
STR Warspite GB wrote:
CQR Aero wrote:
lol!

Probably lol

Only noticing now that you're in Toronto also. I live at Runnymede Station pretty much. Having great fun this past week trying not to kill myself with the amount of ice around!

I'm actually in Newmarket, but for the non GTA'ers I just say Toronto lol
XPR Roadrunner
XPR Roadrunner

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2012-06-21

http://www.formulaforza.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Velox Midget Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 6:20

Nick James123 wrote:

is VERY hard to make all the cars within 1second of one another around TWO completely different tracks……

Well we manage to get 4 classes of cars to within half a second in the FLMS on the vast majority of tracks we run in the series, not just one or two, so one second really isn't a tight enough margin in my opinion. The Corvette is blatantly the fastest, anyone who doesn't think otherwise is sorely mistaken, it is also very easy to drive fast.
Series diversity comes from well-balanced cars, I will again use the FLMS as an example. We have Ferrari, Porsche, BMW, Corvette and SRT all well-represented. People have chosen the car they like the most, because they aren't at a disadvantage choosing it. We have caps, but that is because we only allow a limited number of teams (only real teams). We haven't had to place individual car caps because of people flocking to any one car in GT. Nobody who I have talked to chose their TEC car based on passion for their particular car. They all chose based on performance, namely the massively rapid 'Vette. I love the Porsche but I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole here, it is utterly broken.
I do appreciate that testing is a long, frustrating process and is a very thankless task by the way.
Velox Midget
Velox Midget

TORA Race Number : 434
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2012-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 9:43

I want to say a huge thanks for the feed back, there are already several identified areas for which we will improve on straight way from the feed back posted keep it coming we are looking and talking about them in a positive manner Smile

Cheers all
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 33  Next