TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TEC Community general discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TEC Community general discussion - Page 5 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TEC Community general discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TEC Community general discussion - Page 5 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TEC Community general discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TEC Community general discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TEC Community general discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TEC Community general discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TEC Community general discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TEC Community general discussion

+48
Euphoric Blaze
el gigant
LMR Mopar
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
Raceboy77
TG Wormburner
[OLD]FenderBender
BG Wumba
LMR Sahara
SFM Benedict
WhoIsJohn117
HCR Bellmond
maneatingbrick
JKGrizzle
BalmierPie671
CRA XenoMorph
Koenigsegg R
XPR Dwarf
HCR Motorhead
TM aidtheace
JOSHSIGGY
TLR Scrublord
Ax4x Broomz
Ax4x Kane
Richy59
LMR Deftone MX
Ax4x Mikey J
Texaspotatolord
RumbleBee 392
CQR Rogue
F4H Bullet
F4H Lotterer
LastNewtStandin
ShrinkingSteven
Hailfire97x
FSR Groves
SorrySmithy
adieshibbyin
Ax4x Bandit
The Posimosh
Wooflers
xVampirAx
Ax4x Cowboy
AAR ABEnstein
theboomeranga
AdamWatson99
BG Wingnut396
Adder 020
52 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

TEC Community general discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: TEC Community general discussion

Post by Hailfire97x Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 9:31

Fair enough.
Hailfire97x
Hailfire97x

TORA Race Number : 9
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2012-04-21

Back to top Go down

TEC Community general discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: TEC Community general discussion

Post by theboomeranga Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 9:56

Richy i just have one question:
why put in a drop round part way through the series just because not many teams have signed up?
i know we all have real lives that need attending to and families/girlfriends/boyfriends etc but 85% of it is down to their team choice not to race, they can manage to make all 4 'staff run' races throughout the year, that are big and well know, but then magically cannot race in one run by the community?
i was hoping to see CQR, F4H, TG, etc racing here as well because it's very rare we get a race of this size at road atlanta and NEVER get to drive these cars which is what this race was about

anyway, that is the last thing i will say about the matter because i for one am very excited for this race and am very grateful for all the work the community team has put in to it
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 10:01

Simply because I think not many people knew about it, and now that they do it is too late to sign up anyway. We haven't been on the ball for advertising the event ourselves which hasn't helped, so having a dropped round is better than having this race score no points at all.
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Wingnut396 Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 10:05

registration is now open again bit late but what the hell
BG Wingnut396
BG Wingnut396

TORA Race Number : 148
Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 11:20

Richy59 wrote:Simply because I think not many people knew about it, and now that they do it is too late to sign up anyway. We haven't been on the ball for advertising the event ourselves which hasn't helped, so having a dropped round is better than having this race score no points at all.
ok, fair enough,
thanks for clearing it up
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 19:17

I offer a public apology for my part in the public p1ssing match. That goes very much against what I and more importantly TORA and Ax4x stand for.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Thu 1 Aug 2013 - 20:27

I am rather excited to see how Endurance Spec Racing will go. Theoretically the racing should be insanely close every stint.

Remember, TORA has never done this before... or at least since it has grown to its present size.

#lookingforwardtosaturday
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Thu 1 Aug 2013 - 21:42

Flyin Mikey J wrote:...Theoretically the racing should be insanely close every stint...
until you factor in the huge difference in lap times and consistency
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Adder 020 Thu 1 Aug 2013 - 21:54

Richy59 wrote:Simply because I think not many people knew about it, and now that they do it is too late to sign up anyway. We haven't been on the ball for advertising the event ourselves which hasn't helped, so having a dropped round is better than having this race score no points at all.

I told myself over and over again not to respond anymore what can get to discussions....
I even made a topic on our own forum to get mad and shout and what ever.....it helped, because I didnt start here, but now with this......sorry.

Not many people know, too late for sign up?  http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t9317-welcome-to-the-tec-2013 . It was posted on the 2nd of February.....load of BS, imo.

Advertise didnt need to, because it was known when the date is. So is for Silverstone and Nordschleife.
Dropped round in the middle of a serie? just great....I am getting so sick and tired with the changes right in front or during a championship. Yes, I know I have the choice to not race, but if I commit to something, I stick with it.
If it is coincidence or not but this last weekend there was suddenly a dropped round and 2 days later rogue cancelled the M and M car.... who is getting the better of this?
Not CRA, the team who are with XPR and HR the teams who are committed to this serie and put every round the same team name in because they are taking this championship serious, WITHOUT at first a dropped round.....
I am sorry my fellow CRA members, I let myself go ( again).

Adder 020

TORA Race Number : 16
Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2012-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Thu 1 Aug 2013 - 22:12

1) The Community Race never had a set date, we only knew it was going to happen between Le Mans and Silverstone at some stage.

2) Advertisement is required, as you can see by the fact that there are much less entries and much less hype around this race than the races we have had lots of promo material for including Videos, Posters, Driver Interviews etc etc. If there is no hype then people simply forget about something that was announced 6 months ago.

3) If it wasn't for some active changes we wouldn't be the place we are today, and growing by the day with greater numbers of entrants racing and more series being created. Also not to mention some amazing prizes and some truly incredible stuff coming soon. We are an active community, and we try to do the best things for the community even if that sometimes means a change of rules 6 months in a 12 month season.

4) The dropped round is in place simply because of what has transpired over the last few weeks, and many 'big name teams' as someone put it wouldn't be competing against the rest of the usual teams in the TEC as they were unaware of this race and some only found out with a week or so before the race to get things ready - which at the time was close to being locked up and closed to more entries.

5) I already said I wasn't going to be able to race in this race no matter what setup it was or when it happened, I have way to much going on just now to be able to commit to a race at the moment. I wasn't even aware I had been signed up until after the deadline had been closed, hence why I said I wouldn't be able to compete anyway as I nor the team had put in and qualifying positions, team stints and such. You can view it as you like, M&M Racing have had terrible luck this year with lag outs and such, so this race with a lower number of entries and a shorter time would have been ideal for us to get some points back on the table - especially with a dropped round being added. I fail to see how my team can gain anything by not turning up to a race we could potentially score great points in and use the dropped round to get rid of our bad result at either Sebring or Le Mans. Seeing as I was also unaware that Duncan did in fact withdraw the team shows how much I know. Ian was still set to race, and with the entries being opened once again we could have had replacement drivers.

6) Please don't go down this route of discussion after what happened with CRA at Le Mans which I have specifically discussed with you previously.
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Thu 1 Aug 2013 - 22:21

Adder I withdrew M&M due to my 2 month old, he has been not well at all since his birth so my life is all about him. I can't commit to race on Saturday due to his illness.
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Adder 020 Thu 1 Aug 2013 - 22:24

SelectiveRogue wrote:Adder I withdrew M&M due to my 2 month old, he has been not well at all since his birth so my life is all about him. I can't commit to race on Saturday due to his illness.

Than I am sorry I acccused you of something.
I hope your kid will get better soon.

Adder 020

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Thu 1 Aug 2013 - 22:25

CRA Adder wrote:
SelectiveRogue wrote:Adder I withdrew M&M due to my 2 month old, he has been not well at all since his birth so my life is all about him. I can't commit to race on Saturday due to his illness.

Than I am sorry I acccused you of something.
I hope your kid will get better soon.

Thank you no problem dude
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Thu 1 Aug 2013 - 22:25

Sorry to hear this Duncan. Prayers go out to your child.

Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Adder 020 Thu 1 Aug 2013 - 22:28

Richy, I will give it a thought if I am going to react at your post, because I have not said a lot about point 5 to anyone, but I think this a cheap shot what you just did.

EDIT: you changed your post, it is now point 6....

Adder 020

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Thu 1 Aug 2013 - 22:46

Sorry, but I can go from being very lenient to being quite direct. You try to call me out on something and I will do the same. You've seen our reasons, make of that what you will.
Richy59
Richy59

Xbox One Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Thu 1 Aug 2013 - 23:54

Aw, sorry to hear that Duncan. Really hope he gets better.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Fri 2 Aug 2013 - 1:58

So sorry to hear it Duncan, hope he comes through alright.
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Adder 020 Fri 2 Aug 2013 - 18:24

Maybe i overlooked it, but in the rules I cant find if it is going to be a rolling or standing start.
If it is a rolling start, what will be the procedure?

Adder 020

Back to top Go down

Post by AAR ABEnstein Fri 2 Aug 2013 - 18:34

Hey guys.  As I just posted in the Team Advertisement thread, Smurfy might not be able to make it...his work is not agreeing to previous arrangements that were made. So AAR is looking for a backup driver that can run stints 2 and 4.

So, what happens if Smurfy finds out he can't race the day of? Would we be allowed to resubmit an entry and stints with the backup driver? What will the absolute deadline be? 1 hour before green?
AAR ABEnstein
AAR ABEnstein

TORA Race Number : 127
Xbox 360 Mac

Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Wingnut396 Fri 2 Aug 2013 - 19:20

yes but as long as you let me know so i can adjust the docs
BG Wingnut396
BG Wingnut396

TORA Race Number : 148
Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Broomz Fri 2 Aug 2013 - 23:52

Hey was just wondering if I can Change the American flag on the wind shield to to an Australian flag. Or is this against the rules.
Ax4x Broomz
Ax4x Broomz

TORA Race Number : #98
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 911
Registration date : 2012-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by AAR ABEnstein Sat 3 Aug 2013 - 0:54

OldFenderBender and I just did some streaming testing...Fender can stream and commentate on his own for stint 1, and both he and I will be available to commentate for stints 2 and 4. So can Fender join A Lobby to stream the stints above?

I would love to see someone fill in the other stints.
AAR ABEnstein
AAR ABEnstein

TORA Race Number : 127
Xbox 360 Mac

Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Hailfire97x Sat 3 Aug 2013 - 9:14

So can someone go set up the Live Timing so I know where I'll be when we start?
Hailfire97x
Hailfire97x

TORA Race Number : 9
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2012-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Adder 020 Sat 3 Aug 2013 - 10:37

in live timing there is a mistake.
teddygtr is a driver from CRA team 1, teddygtr is NOT a team.
Also deftones team is out in lobby B.
Maybe reconsider and/or re arrange lobbies?

Adder 020

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next