TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 4 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion

+77
Amarth
Hailfire97x
XPR Roadrunner
HCR Saga
CQR Shifty
LMR Manthey
HCR Skodaboie
Ax4x Broomz
Zeta0085
TSR Eyles
ScottyMadeIt
TLR Scrublord
F4H bandicoot
CQR Rogue
xVampirAx
F4H Button
Manuel CR
VVM DirtyDawg
TyrannicCymbals
Schmitty72
DSRL Webbers88
HCR Bellmond
Ax4x Mikun
FreshCubanBread
CrashCaderz
ART Carrera
HCR Motorhead
TechnologicMau5
TJSteel
SFM Benedict
galeforce97
KZX Spider
Scav3nger
Miiraki
HCR Hamish
WRA Glory
LMR MountainMan
BigBen13x
BAM Leigh
WRA Tower
WRA JoeVIR
F4H Hakkinen
Joito04
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
DonatedSatyr227
FSR Groves
LMR Hybrid
MaynardMK4
Om3ga73
SVR Solar
jonnotheone
LMR DarthMario
Lonewolf8664
CQR Aero
AAR ABEnstein
LMR Sahara
connor7195
xebot360
STR stug77
Ax4x Chaddy
AdamWatson99
Diablo 29x
theboomeranga
ShrinkingSteven
SGR Amber
Freheliaz
HCR generaltso
dave sp2
PTG Chungus
DDM Driv3
LZR Harmonic
Fleaver
LRT Dan
Zabbzi
Ax4x Mikey J
Matt
LMR Deftone MX
81 posters

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion

Post by Matt Wed 6 Jan 2016 - 13:44

I doubt we will add the GTR as well, at least for Daytona.
The Toyota managed 12 laps at Road Atlanta (the original test venue for our BoP) before running dry.
I'd actually have thought that the HY cars would have much better fuel economy than they seem to in game.
Good luck to anyone who runs the Toyota, it's fun to drive but probably about as competitive as it was in 2015 Wink
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: MSA TORA Daytona 24H - General Discussion

Post by Om3ga73 Wed 6 Jan 2016 - 15:11

For reference, I ran 32.9s in the Toyota and 31.8s in the Nissan. I think it can be reasonable and certainly if others make mistakes you can take advantage, but not competitive on pure lap times.
Om3ga73
Om3ga73

TORA Race Number : 73
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-07-03

http://msmnation.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Wed 6 Jan 2016 - 15:21

AdamWatson99 wrote:
The British 1st wrote:When will Turn 10 change this fuel system ? It was much better on FM4 where all the cars (LMP and GT) used the same amount of fuel per lap.

If you think about it, they have it right about the fuel. I know it should burn fuel that fast but LMP Cars will always run out of fuel before GT Cars as they have bigger tanks and less power. So really have they it correct

3 laps at Le Mans before running out isn't realistic
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

TORA Race Number : 275
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 3634
Registration date : 2012-06-18

http://teamlmr.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamWatson99 Wed 6 Jan 2016 - 15:30

LMR Deftone MX wrote:
AdamWatson99 wrote:
The British 1st wrote:When will Turn 10 change this fuel system ? It was much better on FM4 where all the cars (LMP and GT) used the same amount of fuel per lap.

If you think about it, they have it right about the fuel. I know it should burn fuel that fast but LMP Cars will always run out of fuel before GT Cars as they have bigger tanks and less power. So really have they it correct

3 laps at Le Mans before running out isn't realistic

Colin I don't mean like that, I was trying to point out that it's realistic that LMP cars use more fuel than the GT cars. I know its realistic how fast they run out of fuel though
AdamWatson99
AdamWatson99

TORA Race Number : 99
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2012-07-11

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Wed 6 Jan 2016 - 15:38

Ah gotchya
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleaver Wed 6 Jan 2016 - 21:43

I've said it elsewhere, but I feel like most of the cars use fuel twice as fast as they do in real life. There are definitely some oddballs, but I think for the most part, the cars are proportionally correct to each other.

Fleaver

TORA Race Number : 123
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2011-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Om3ga73 Wed 6 Jan 2016 - 22:02

Fleaver wrote:I've said it elsewhere, but I feel like most of the cars use fuel twice as fast as they do in real life. There are definitely some oddballs, but I think for the most part, the cars are proportionally correct to each other.

Arguably that's more important anyway, so at least we have something.
Om3ga73
Om3ga73

TORA Race Number : 73
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-07-03

http://msmnation.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 0:34

Half seems about right, however I will say the difference in mileage on the Toyota TS040 compared to the R18 is unrealistic & disappointing. Amazing how they screw a car up with something like that.
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by DonatedSatyr227 Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 0:54

LMR Deftone MX wrote:Half seems about right, however I will say the difference in mileage on the Toyota TS040 compared to the R18 is unrealistic & disappointing. Amazing how they screw a car up with something like that.

Their is no way Turn 10 has Tested or played FM6 using the LMP 1 cars because they are using fuel like no tomorrow I mean only 3laps at Le Mans ?? But that's Turn 10 for you never listen to anyone but them self.
DonatedSatyr227
DonatedSatyr227

TORA Race Number : 95
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2014-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Thu 7 Jan 2016 - 1:18

maybe they'll adjust it with a patch, but somehow i doubt it...and even if they did, we'd have to wait til feb.
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Joito04 Sat 9 Jan 2016 - 0:58

Bellmond I applaude you for stepping up and choosing the Toyota hope the best for you and Your team in that car really look forward to see what that car will do
Joito04
Joito04

TORA Race Number : 802
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2013-03-03

http://www.puertorico.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LRT Dan Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 15:12

Is this going to be a mandatory pit stops?
LRT Dan
LRT Dan

TORA Race Number : 855
Xbox One Xbox One

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2014-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 15:13

LRT Breeze wrote:Is this going to be a mandatory pit stops?

I'm a fan of this idea for GT to even out the field.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

TORA Race Number : 379
Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by LRT Dan Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 15:14

F4H Chrisupra wrote:

Especially after the GT3 we realised it wasnt the slowest wih best MPG it was the fast cars with good fuel milage
LRT Dan
LRT Dan

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 15:21

LRT Breeze wrote:
F4H Chrisupra wrote:

Especially after the GT3 we realised it wasnt the slowest wih best MPG it was the fast cars with good fuel milage

We've gone through this experience and it took 3 rounds for people to finally figure it out and that's totally fine. It's a new game, new everything and we need to figure these things out. Unfortunately it's the only answer here. There are cars that can challenge the Bentley for pace in our testing but these cars do an extra pit stop. The only way to open up the selection is to have mandatory pitstops. It's not the staff's fault, it's just the way Forza is.

You guys are in the Bentley, LMR are in the Bentley and we most likely will have to go Bentley to challenge you. Any other car is not worth it. Unless you guys want to pick a different car and make this interesting if they don't enforce mandatory pit for GT.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by LRT Dan Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 15:30

F4H Chrisupra wrote:
LRT Breeze wrote:
F4H Chrisupra wrote:

We've gone through this experience and it took 3 rounds for people to finally figure it out and that's totally fine. It's a new game, new everything and we need to figure these things out. Unfortunately it's the only answer here. There are cars that can challenge the Bentley for pace in our testing but these cars do an extra pit stop. The only way to open up the selection is to have mandatory pitstops. It's not the staff's fault, it's just the way Forza is.

You guys are in the Bentley, LMR are in the Bentley and we most likely will have to go Bentley to challenge you. Any other car is not worth it. Unless you guys want to pick a different car and make this interesting if they don't enforce mandatory pit for GT.

We are the same we picked it because its the fastest and we knew other fast teams would. I would prefer a different car as i dont like the Bentley but if its NEEDED to win its the only choice.
LRT Dan
LRT Dan

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 15:33

LRT Breeze wrote:
F4H Chrisupra wrote:
LRT Breeze wrote:
F4H Chrisupra wrote:

We are the same we picked it because its the fastest and we knew other fast teams would. I would prefer a different car as i dont like the Bentley but if its NEEDED to win its the only choice.

Same with us.

Not trying to [Censored] or moan or upset Harmonic but all we are saying is that we have endured this issue at TURN and by listening to the competitors they were able to even things out. It's absolutely nothing subjective, it's all objective and just the way it is. Sometimes we have to adapt to the game.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 15:37

If you'd like to force a 4th stop, we can definitely look into it.

It will ultimately be up to the driver of the stint to make sure everyone is abiding by this if it is put into place. Of course it is stewardable, it just can't be policed by the organizers for the entire 24H.
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by LRT Dan Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 15:38

It needs to be looked into mate. It was quite a big gulf between cars. I'm sure the drivers can help to make sure it gets followed.
LRT Dan
LRT Dan

Xbox One Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 15:40

LMR Deftone MX wrote:If you'd like to force a 4th stop, we can definitely look into it.

It will ultimately be up to the driver of the stint to make sure everyone is abiding by this if it is put into place. Of course it is stewardable, it just can't be policed by the organizers for the entire 24H.

Generally, and I am sure you agree, this is never really policed. People usually know for sure if someone hasn't done their 4th stop. The level of drivers in Lobby 1 for example will be pretty close, we know who is around us and we will know if someone has not pitted because all of a sudden they are 25 seconds ahead.

I think mandatory pits for GT opens us the field and people can now select whatever car they want. I'm not even in GT but I do see this as a concern. You guys put in a lot of time to select the cars and it's a shame that some are not logical options because Forza fuel mileage is a little askew.

I think it's the way forward.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 16:53

All TORA GT drivers, please review the rules and regs thread for an amendment made effecting the class.

Would like to remind everyone that while the nature can get competitive, these races are ultimately for fun and nobody should be put under scrutiny for the car they choose to run. Drive what you want to drive, and let others do the same.

Thanks guys Smile
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by WRA JoeVIR Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 19:40

My team noticed that the Bentley is 2 laps shorter on fuel than the Viper and Corvette and maybe the Mercedes. Wouldn't adding the mandatory 4 stop basically turn the GT section into a Bentley show.
I say that because like my car is the Viper, now with adding the extra stop I have no advantage over anyone running the Bentley. Which is by far the better car.

Just can someone explain why we need to do that.
WRA JoeVIR
WRA JoeVIR

TORA Race Number : 100
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2015-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Deftone MX Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 20:00

You're correct that the Bentley does have slightly less fuel efficiency, however they're all still on a 3 stop strategy. Cars that are worse on fuel than the Bentley, cannot do it on 3 stops, therefore alienating them rational choice.

So in theory, the Bentley, Viper, Vette, Merc are unaffected.. It simply brings the blindingly quick Ferrari and Audi into contingency.
LMR Deftone MX
LMR Deftone MX

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamWatson99 Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 20:20

i don't think there should be a 4th stop, as it should be up to the driver on whether you decide to run it 100% or save fuel. adding the 4th stop will make it follow the leader/car ahead and not make a race that will be enjoyable. GT's should be like the LMP cars . If you pick a car that uses more fuel like the Nissan for LMP or Bentley for GT then you might make another stop, it was your choice picking that car so you should have to run with its flaws. No one forced you to choose that car
AdamWatson99
AdamWatson99

TORA Race Number : 99
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2012-07-11

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Thu 14 Jan 2016 - 20:24

AdamWatson99 wrote:i don't think there should be a 4th stop, as it should be up to the driver on whether you decide to run it 100% or save fuel. adding the 4th stop will make it follow the leader/car ahead and not make a race that will be enjoyable. GT's should be like the LMP cars . If you pick a car that uses more fuel like the Nissan for LMP or Bentley for GT then you might make another stop, it was your choice picking that car so you should have to run with its flaws. No one forced you to choose that car

Here's the issue with that: we were able to balance the LMP cars' pace based on fuel economy - we can't do that with the GTs since they're all so close. If a car has to make a 4th stop, saving fuel will end up costing you more time than just taking another stop due to Forza's flawed fuel system.
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

TORA Race Number : 273
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next