TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA TCC - General Discussion

+49
XBR JOCKER
S2M Ranger
BG Wumba
HCR Karma
CQR Jono
AndyT306
Biggsy tv
Robthegr8
CQR Vapor
BG Dr Green
DangerDave49
Johnnyboy3600
Dav of Krypton
PLOW tubbi
AMR of the Apex
Hainesy
BG Scarlett
Midnight
CQR Aero
NoGoldie
Beanz
SorrySmithy
HCR generaltso
CQR Senna
theboomeranga
violentsatsuma
CQR HABURi
PAWL3Y
EZT Challenger
Stonewall458
Duke of Bruno
Irrational Dzyn
Pebb
silentalarm42
Ax4x Kane
CQR Rogue
Porksword69
Mandown46
LMR DarthMario
garyp3398
ckBrenneke
nickyf1
Ax4x Chaddy
Wooflers
lfcnicklfc
Standaman94
corndog821
JAMIE ANDERS0N
Richy59
53 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: TORA TCC - General Discussion

Post by CQR Aero Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 10:52

We do have a connections thread. Please read this:

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/t1312-xbox-live-connectivity

And Beanz, I hear you man. I'm sorry things dragged so much last night. I was desperately trying to get everyone in, and that took way too long. It's harsh to just say "tough/too late" when people are having connection problems, but I guess we really should have a cutoff time where we "give up" trying to get people in, and just have to go. I guess you have to draw the line somewhere. Where that should be though, I'm not sure.

TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 W9Zxp6dTORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 AcRCGdgTORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 MNafhU3TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 Wz5UuVmTORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 KUxkD1yTORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 W1XKgn0TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 VSaZmbSTORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 WgsuLHS

TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 Sig10
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandown46 Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 11:02

Its always a tough call, at some point you just have to accept that some people cannot connect to the lobby, almost always due to a conflicting NAT.

Ive hosted races where we have struggled to get 8 people in, all down to a couple of guys with restricted NAT's, and one with a closed one. fouls everything up.

Once we got going though, there was some good racing in B, despite Aero, and Ianmr both scaring the hell out of me!
Mandown46
Mandown46

TORA Race Number : 93
Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2012-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by DangerDave49 Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 12:06

The key point in the connectivity thread is:-

Turn on your Xbox360 and when on the dashboard, find My Xbox, select System Settings, select Network Settings and then select Test Xbox LIVE Connection. This will go through a simulation of testing the connectivity with the Xbox Live network. If you become successfully connected to Xbox Live, you will be presented with a Connection Warning if your NAT is not Open. If you do not receive any warning or prompt, your NAT is Open.

Last edited by DangerDave49 on Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 12:06; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarified post.)

DangerDave49

TORA Race Number : 149
Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2012-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 12:08

I think you also have to take note of the rear view mirror bug that can occur in lobbies of 13 or more, which I suffered from in one race, as it makes clean racing very hard. But moving to 12 man lobbies as we are doing, it is a moot point, just something for future reference.

Also can we ensure that the lobby hosts have the exact settings required for each race (5 sec delay on qually etc) as it seemed to affect some people. Not having the 5 second delay didn't affect me as I just waited on the start line for a gap to appear, but for other racers it appeared to be an issue.

That aside I thoroughly enjoyed last nights racing and kudos to the hosts.
TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 Joker
Hainesy
Hainesy

TORA Race Number : 446
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1618
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Scarlett Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 12:11

BG Beanz wrote:Yeah of course, it's different for each router, but when I get home from work I'll post something up

Beanz this should help. TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 Sprinter It's from a small company I know quite well...

Xbox NAT Settings help

BG Scarlett
BG Scarlett

TORA Race Number : 106
Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2012-02-28

http://www.britishgamers.enjin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dav of Krypton Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 12:27

It is an easy thing for people to overlook. My Xbox has even been put in the DMZ. it makes connections to Xbox Live etc even better as it bypasses the firewall and gives a direct connection. People will see a difference straight away with connection issues. As was said above it is different with each game due to hosts and servers etc. Another issue its ping and the quality of the connection to EACH OTHER. Some people will lag to say, Americans and some will be fine. With forza it is impossible to point fingers without looking at yourself at the same time.

Personally due to the nature of various things if lag occurs you have to take it on the chin and carry on. It has always been present and for now always will be.

Thanks again to the TORA team Smile
Dav of Krypton
Dav of Krypton

TORA Race Number : 187
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR HABURi Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 12:51

Excuse me for being pedantic here, but shouldn't I be 3rd in the standings?

(I have had the better result compared to Beanz)
CQR HABURi
CQR HABURi

TORA Race Number : 618
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 12:58

Following Round 3 Race 6 Lobby C of the TORA TCC Championship the following incident/s are under investigation by the stewards;
1) driver #360 (JohnyBoy3600) & driver #106 (BG Scarlett), Aggressive / Contact, lap 5
2)driver #51 (Stonewall458) and driver #448 (RC 448 x), Aggressive driving
lap 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 13:09

CQR HABURi wrote:Excuse me for being pedantic here, but shouldn't I be 3rd in the standings?

You are third, equal third!

Look at Kilroy and Aero for twenty-second...
Beanz
Beanz

TORA Race Number : 57
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2661

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 14:11

Chris wrote:Going forwards, we will probably limit lobby size to around 12, but full lobbies have appeared to be stable since the patch, so I thought we'd be able to have them last night, and so it worked fine for 2 of the 3 lobbies last night. I think if the game can support it properly it should be used. You can't really use the argument "16 cars is too many/too much of a crashfest". If there's not technical issue (lag), then it's your problem to deal with driving in a pack, or passing traffic. That's a big part of racing, and why should we limit the lobby size just to remove/reduce that? Anyway, at the moment there are technical issues, so lobbies will be limited and the point is moot, but now you know how I feel on the lobby size subject.

Personally, I really enjoyed the 16 player lobby - it felt like a PROPER motor race! But I can see that there are some technical issues with that many players - the rear view mirror bug seems to happen with 13+ players and people with slower connections were getting some lag-shifting (cars moving forwards and backwards 10/20ft), making it difficult to judge moves. I think it's mostly related to upload speed of people's connections, beyond 12 players and slower 0.5Mb upload connections struggle to cope. I didn't get any lag at all, but I've got a 7Mb upload speed so I think that must be the difference. I'm happy with 12 or 16 players, but the majority of people would probably get a better race with 12, simply due to connection speeds!

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 15:08

CQR HABURi wrote:Excuse me for being pedantic here, but shouldn't I be 3rd in the standings?

Absolutely, however when I did it last night I was pretty tired, and just tied the people on matching points. At the very least, when it comes to the end of the season, tied points will be checked for finish positions and re-ordered according to countback.

PS - I like pedantic. I'm pedantic too!

TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 W9Zxp6dTORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 AcRCGdgTORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 MNafhU3TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 Wz5UuVmTORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 KUxkD1yTORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 W1XKgn0TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 VSaZmbSTORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 WgsuLHS

CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 15:12

If you want to talk lag, caused by having too many drivers in one lobby, come back to me when you've tried a VLN race on rFactor. The most I've had is 110 cars on the Nordschleife. Now that's what I call a full lobby!!

CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 16:02

Yea myself and Chris ran in some VLN races or rfactor with 100 plus cars and no lag, it can be done lol

Expect Eve online 800 ships in 1 battle not good

TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 2666031

Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 16:44

Duncan wrote:Expect Eve online 800 ships in 1 battle not good

Indeed, although EVE does hold some impressive concurency records (number of people on one server at the same time). In the largest fleet battle they ever had, the highest frame rate was 0.5fps - i.e. 1 frame every 2 seconds!

CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dav of Krypton Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 19:51

Can someone please check the points for Krypton Motorsports. I scored points in round 5/6. Still not 100% sure how the points work yet.

Cheers
Dav of Krypton
Dav of Krypton

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 19:55

Its been changed to top 2 drivers.

So for the last event you should have scored 4 points for the team as you are the sole driver in the event. The table is wrong as it has you as 0 points. I dont have access to the table to edit this for you but it will be changed soon mate

Regards

JAMIE ANDERS0N (0 = a number) previously BG Chucky 82

TORA

Follow me on Twitter: JAMIE__ANDERS0N

TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 I6ugkpwTORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 10YNCX2TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 SBgWF6e
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 20:38

Scot wrote:Do apologise for being absent over the last week, real-life and all that...

Anyway, the team points should be scored by the top two drivers for each team. I think that oversight was caused by transferring the rules from the draft to the regs template, as the draft certainly states top two drivers from each team score towards the team's points per meeting.

Richy wrote:We've never run a series where all 3 drivers have scored team points, it's always been the top 2. I don't know how we managed to make that mistake when writing the rules this season. All three drivers still score their individual points, it's not like the top two drivers of a team are the only ones to score their driver and team points.

Rules still say all the drivers for the team score points, and the points are still scoring for the top 2. Time is ticking hit the edit button and change it and announce it please. Or change the points and live up with the error that has been done.

Regards

TORA

TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 I6ugkpwTORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 10YNCX2TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 9 SBgWF6e
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 21:21

Still reckon all 3 should count as that was in the rules when we created our teams but needs to be sorted pretty sharpish.
Hainesy
Hainesy

TORA Race Number : 446
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1618

Back to top Go down

Post by ckBrenneke Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 22:24

Eh, can we get on with our non-TORA lives at some point?

I have a full-time job, a three month old girl, a house and a girlfriend to attend to, so sadly sitting on the TORA forum making snap decisions isn't my priority.

The ramifications of making a decision either way have to be calculated before simply editing and changing. If we revert to the original way, where top two score, then we potentially annoy those who - quite rightly, due to the error - set up three car teams, but we also keep those three car teams in reach of the smaller teams. However, if we go with the error on the basis that what's done is done, we have an unbalanced championship.

We've edited it for the time being to the way it should be - top two scoring - but we'll finalise a decision in due course.

Thank you for your patience...
ckBrenneke
ckBrenneke

Number of posts : 3856
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 23:06

Its been two weeks Scot its not only you who can do it, by your post last week it seemed that it was changed to the top 2 and the tables are still being done to the top two, you cant have one thing doing one and another one doing another thing.

And hey I have a wife, a 7 year old, a 6 year old and a 4 year old a full time job a house to look after and school holiday's etc I still have time to come on here and do my rents.

Regards

TORA

JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dav of Krypton Thu 5 Apr 2012 - 13:46

Thanks guys, I didn't mean to cause any agro by that and certainly didn't want it to be looked at immediately, I have patience Smile. On the other hand my team needs as many points add I can get being the only driver this week Sad. Not to sure about the future races as not heard from any driver in KM. They are better drivers than me and hope they will be here in the future lol. Thanks again guys and take it easy.
Dav of Krypton
Dav of Krypton

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Fri 6 Apr 2012 - 21:19

Meeting 5 -- Rounds 9 & 10 - Maple Valley Short - 1st May 2012

I just noticed this and was wondering if we could run Ratzenberger/Senna Stickers on the cars to mark 18 years? Think I'll paint my car like Senna's Helmet for a one off too.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Fri 6 Apr 2012 - 21:27

Do whatever you want I guess..
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Fri 6 Apr 2012 - 22:43

Kilroy8 wrote: I'm quitting the Touring cars now it's just too much hassle
Having a go around Sedona I'd like to retract this statement Embarassed This series is just too awesome Razz
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Scarlett Sat 7 Apr 2012 - 1:15

Scot wrote:Eh, can we get on with our non-TORA lives at some point?

I have a full-time job, a three month old girl, a house and a girlfriend to attend to, so sadly sitting on the TORA forum making snap decisions isn't my priority.

The ramifications of making a decision either way have to be calculated before simply editing and changing. If we revert to the original way, where top two score, then we potentially annoy those who - quite rightly, due to the error - set up three car teams, but we also keep those three car teams in reach of the smaller teams. However, if we go with the error on the basis that what's done is done, we have an unbalanced championship.

We've edited it for the time being to the way it should be - top two scoring - but we'll finalise a decision in due course.

Thank you for your patience...

I have multiple mortgages, an ex wife and a 9 year old and I can handle things.... lol!
BG Scarlett
BG Scarlett

TORA Race Number : 106
Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2012-02-28

http://www.britishgamers.enjin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next