TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 10 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 10 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA TCC - General Discussion

+49
XBR JOCKER
S2M Ranger
BG Wumba
HCR Karma
CQR Jono
AndyT306
Biggsy tv
Robthegr8
CQR Vapor
BG Dr Green
DangerDave49
Johnnyboy3600
Dav of Krypton
PLOW tubbi
AMR of the Apex
Hainesy
BG Scarlett
Midnight
CQR Aero
NoGoldie
Beanz
SorrySmithy
HCR generaltso
CQR Senna
theboomeranga
violentsatsuma
CQR HABURi
PAWL3Y
EZT Challenger
Stonewall458
Duke of Bruno
Irrational Dzyn
Pebb
silentalarm42
Ax4x Kane
CQR Rogue
Porksword69
Mandown46
LMR DarthMario
garyp3398
ckBrenneke
nickyf1
Ax4x Chaddy
Wooflers
lfcnicklfc
Standaman94
corndog821
JAMIE ANDERS0N
Richy59
53 posters

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: TORA TCC - General Discussion

Post by Dav of Krypton Sat 7 Apr 2012 - 8:33

I've got a wife, 3 kids a mortgage a job and a chinchilla, this is my get away lol
Dav of Krypton
Dav of Krypton

TORA Race Number : 187
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 7 Apr 2012 - 14:25

its easier just to rock up and race, running and organising and planning plus replying to things takes up quite a bit more of admin's and staff's time and commitment tbh. Especially as most of them race and tune too, then add into that testing and creating new series for next year also too!!! Thanks staff and Admins for your time and commitment ;O)

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Sat 7 Apr 2012 - 14:28

CQR Magictap wrote:its easier just to rock up and race, running and organising and planning plus replying to things takes up quite a bit more of admin's and staff's time and commitment tbh. Especially as most of them race and tune too, then add into that testing and creating new series for next year also too!!! Thanks staff and Admins for your time and commitment ;O)

Thanks Matt Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Sat 7 Apr 2012 - 14:50

CQR Magictap wrote:its easier just to rock up and race, running and organising and planning plus replying to things takes up quite a bit more of admin's and staff's time and commitment tbh. Especially as most of them race and tune too, then add into that testing and creating new series for next year also too!!! Thanks staff and Admins for your time and commitment ;O)

I second that having run many a tourny on our own site and I know I'm new to this site but I would be willing to help out in any way that helps things get sorted out quicker. Just ask and I will do my best.
Hainesy
Hainesy

TORA Race Number : 446
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1618
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Dav of Krypton Sat 7 Apr 2012 - 15:22

Thirds on that Smile.

I meant with my little input above, that this is my little getaway from the hustle and bustle of life LOL. I can't praise the admin/mods enough. It is because of this community here at TORA which has made me go out and get a wheel for the XBox Smile. Nothing ridiculously priced, such as the fanatec (like I wanted :drool: ) but a wheel none the less LOL. GAME just gave me a great deal on trade-ins. I sent 6 games in with BF3 and got just over £100:) extra £10 for every 3 games. Happy me. Also happy to know that Game has been bought by a subsidiary of the comet group. Otherwise I would have to travel find a decent game shop.

Only got the thrustmaster Ferrari wheel. But if it help with a couple of hundredths/sec im happy PMSL

EDIT: If anybody got a spare bucket seat lying around willing to give me Wink I would happily make/weld me a nice seat up. Otherwise I may got to the scapyard and find me a little car to park in the living room LOL

Last edited by Dav of Krypton on Sat 7 Apr 2012 - 15:24; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fun little edit)
Dav of Krypton
Dav of Krypton

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Sat 7 Apr 2012 - 15:36

You should be able to pick up a good condition bucket seat from the scrap yard for around £20 Dav.
Hainesy
Hainesy

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Sat 7 Apr 2012 - 15:45

Build me one too darlin, might make it more interesting, not as"into it" a with forza 3.
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ckBrenneke Sat 7 Apr 2012 - 22:11

Okay, let me further qualify my earlier statement. It seems I was being too general for some people.

My girlfriend isn't particularly keen on me spending time on my 360 or laptop. In fact, it is a constant bone of contention in my household. This is nothing new, and in the past, was of little consequence, as I did what I liked. Acceptable websites are eBay, online banking and topping up her phone for her - anything else tends to make her whine.

Her attitiude to towards TORA is disdain. Likewise goes for my XBox friends list, and if my 360 goes on during the day, I am being 'distracted' or I am 'obsessed.' So my 360 time and internet time is limited to when she goes to bed, generally between 8.30pm and 10pm at the moment. The latest I go to bed is about 11.30, if I have a late start at work (which would be 9am). New people to the series will find I am generally silent when I race, as she kicks up hell if she is in bed trying to sleep and I am talking on my mike.

Her expectation is, quite rightly, that I put my three month old girl first. Evie's generally awake at 6am every morning. She also expects that I help out around the house, which again is quite right. I may be making her out to be some kind of monster - she isn't... all the time. When our wee girl goes to bed, we get our time together to watch tv, talk about our day, etc. She loves F1, and is a fanatical Red Bull and Sebastian Vettel fan. She is a very prepared and ordered person, and has a high profile job with a housing charity.

Why am I telling you this?

Because everyone's situation is different. Some of you may have very accomodating partners that are happy for you to devote time to TORA and your 360. Some of you may not have a partner at all, and all the time in the world to spend as you wish. Some of you may be in a similar boat to me.

TORA and gaming are no longer a large part of my life. They've fallen way down my list of commitments. I made this clear to the TORA staff before Evie was born, and I made it clear my attendance at events would be curtailed, especially at the start of the TCC season, which it indeed has been.

Nevertheless, the TCC has been my thing since season 2, and while I don't administer it day to day the way I have in the past, I am still on hand to oversee it. I thank the rest of the TORA team who have run this, and supported it for this season, right down to whoever hosts a lobby. I really am missing being out on track with everyone else, especially after spending months developing the regs.

So now you understand better my personal situation, I'd appreciate it if you were a little more understanding. This might be a big thing to you just now, but it really isn't for me. The interim decision has been made to work the Teams Championship AS IT HAS BEEN since season two, while we weigh up the outcome of changing it.
ckBrenneke
ckBrenneke

Number of posts : 3856
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Scarlett Sun 8 Apr 2012 - 8:56

Scott, I do feel for you - most of us have probably been there some point in our lives. My post was in gest, apologies.

I know what I would do and that is watch a lovely episode of Knight Rider.

TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 10 Kit I used to love that show and it hasn't dated at all....
BG Scarlett
BG Scarlett

TORA Race Number : 106
Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2012-02-28

http://www.britishgamers.enjin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 11:25

Hey Scot

I am in the more same boat as you I only get on the xbox on Tuesday and Sunday nights from about 7 (depending when kids in bed) till about 10 (so really annoying when the races run past that) but adjusted to 10:30 now.

most my time on the forum is done while I am at work.

My real issue is the simple confirmation of the team points is scored as 2 or 3. I dont mind eiether way but there is just conflicting stuff, as in rules was saying 3 but the table doing 2. and dont get me wrong I do praise you also as with this post the day after the last race

Chucky 1982 wrote:Great racing in C lobby last night.

Blah blah blah (full post on Page 6)

This is why I love TCC Thank you Scot for creating and thanks to Adrian, Chris, Ian, Conner for the hosting and sorting of the races (cant really thank myself lol) And thank you to all in C lobby, Big Thanks to Chris (GTR E (team mate winning the first race)), Trev (BG S) Wumba, DangerDave and RC for the great racing
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dav of Krypton Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 16:16

So Chucky if you are at work on the forums, who does your job LOL Smile

Same applies to me with the Xbox only I "sometimes" get Monday night or as I like to call it SOAPday LOL. but still get whinged at for it. My wife hates it...but I gotta have some sort of hobby Smile..

I still dont know how the points work but I will keep going with my head down and mouth shut Wink, I'll leave the rest for Chucky lol
Dav of Krypton
Dav of Krypton

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 16:20

My wife was sold on the fact that even though xbox can take up some evenings, its still better than going down the pub, getting pissed and knobbing the girls who are more pissed than me. AND its cheaper!
Every body Wins
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMIE ANDERS0N Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 16:29

lol well the wife aint too happy when i say i want x game for 40 quid lol (had to get the basic forza as the Limited one was far too many pennys lol)

Well I split it 25/75 25 work 75 TORA but then if not much happening on TORA I swap it round. Just a shame I cant watch videos on it as they are blocked Sad but i can cope
JAMIE ANDERS0N
JAMIE ANDERS0N

TORA Race Number : 76
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6805
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dav of Krypton Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 16:43

PLOW tubbi wrote:My wife was sold on the fact that even though xbox can take up some evenings, its still better than going down the pub, getting pissed and knobbing the girls who are more pissed than me. AND its cheaper!
Every body Wins

I wonder what she thought then before the xbox came into the household Smile I am in the middle of building a little rig should have seen her face when I told her that. But half way through she said, it's not that bad Smile. Wait till I get the chair PMSL.
Dav of Krypton
Dav of Krypton

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 18:00

PLOW tubbi wrote:My wife was sold on the fact that even though xbox can take up some evenings, its still better than going down the pub, getting pissed and knobbing the girls who are more pissed than me. AND its cheaper!
Every body Wins
LOL, so true but proper LOL
Hainesy
Hainesy

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 19:31

As my gf says "Least its racing, rather than football!" Thought ive just joined a football team LOL.

You could each team's driver's points together every meeting and divde it by 2 or 3 drivers then its fair on everyone aint it?
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 20:54

FranchittiFan wrote:As my gf says "Least its racing, rather than football!" Thought ive just joined a football team LOL.

You could each team's driver's points together every meeting and divde it by 2 or 3 drivers then its fair on everyone aint it?

Never even thought of that, great idea afro
Hainesy
Hainesy

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by SorrySmithy Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 22:34

FranchittiFan wrote:As my gf says "Least its racing, rather than football!" Thought ive just joined a football team LOL.

in this instance the 3rd driver would be acting as a hindrance to the team rather than contributing to the team points.
SorrySmithy
SorrySmithy

TORA Race Number : 5
Number of posts : 1886

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 22:39

BG Smithy wrote:

in this instance the 3rd driver would be acting as a hindrance to the team rather than contributing to the team points.

This is true but at least he would feel that he is contributing to the team. Its a tough one to call really, people will be upset either way.
Hainesy
Hainesy

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by SorrySmithy Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 22:46

BG Hainesy wrote:
BG Smithy wrote:

This is true but at least he would feel that he is contributing to the team. Its a tough one to call really, people will be upset either way.

how would he feel he is contributing to the team?? if you were to divide the scores by the number of team drivers, the third driver would lower the score, not increase it. I feel this would result in the 3rd driver feeling as if he has cost the team points by lowering the team point average.
SorrySmithy
SorrySmithy

TORA Race Number : 5
Number of posts : 1886

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Tue 10 Apr 2012 - 22:58

He'd be contributing by his score actually meaning something, all be it will be lowering the score. Probably no good for this seasons TCC but would be worth a thought for next seasons with say only 3 man teams counting towards the Team Standings with penalties for players not turning up, its a tough one as I said.
Hainesy
Hainesy

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 1:30

If a 3rd driver felt he wasnt doing anything for a team there wouldnt be any 3rd drivers. I feel my Idea would work as it has in the past, Yes its a little extra work, but least every driver in each team is being counted for, Plus could even let 1 car teams have a shot of getting a teams championship.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebb Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 4:59

I hope I don't get struck down by another headache for the next meeting, because I have already missed two meetings due to a headache.

Pebb

Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1679
Registration date : 2008-08-14

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pebb/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 11:52

FranchittiFan wrote:If a 3rd driver felt he wasnt doing anything for a team there wouldnt be any 3rd drivers. I feel my Idea would work as it has in the past, Yes its a little extra work, but least every driver in each team is being counted for, Plus could even let 1 car teams have a shot of getting a teams championship.

Its true what Smithy said, faster drivers could get peeved at the slower drivers in their teams if you allow 2 or even 1 man teams. I think the only solution would be to have mandatory 3 man teams with penalties for no shows. Having mandatory 3 man teams would also encourage teamwork. Hyperthetical but an idea for next season Franchitti, an idea that I think is a good one.
Hainesy
Hainesy

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 13:18

The reason we have always run with three man teams with the top two drivers scoring is to give people leeway if they simply cannot make a round of the championship and they then don't hinder their team if they are fighting for the championship.

If one of the teams was down a driver for a few rounds due to family or work issues, and if all three drivers had to score points to keep in the fight, then it would be over for them. This rule simply allows us to give people a chance to race in a team with their friends but not feel like a hinderence if they can only make 5 out of the 12 rounds.

Maybe some people can guarantee that they will be able to make every round, but some can't which relates to what has been discussed throughout this thread.

The initial rule of all three drivers scoring team points was a mistake and I have no idea how it even ended up in there. We have always run three man teams with top two scoring since TORA started, and we will continue to do so.

Last edited by Richy on Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 14:15; edited 1 time in total
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content