TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 8 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA TCC - General Discussion

+49
XBR JOCKER
S2M Ranger
BG Wumba
HCR Karma
CQR Jono
AndyT306
Biggsy tv
Robthegr8
CQR Vapor
BG Dr Green
DangerDave49
Johnnyboy3600
Dav of Krypton
PLOW tubbi
AMR of the Apex
Hainesy
BG Scarlett
Midnight
CQR Aero
NoGoldie
Beanz
SorrySmithy
HCR generaltso
CQR Senna
theboomeranga
violentsatsuma
CQR HABURi
PAWL3Y
EZT Challenger
Stonewall458
Duke of Bruno
Irrational Dzyn
Pebb
silentalarm42
Ax4x Kane
CQR Rogue
Porksword69
Mandown46
LMR DarthMario
garyp3398
ckBrenneke
nickyf1
Ax4x Chaddy
Wooflers
lfcnicklfc
Standaman94
corndog821
JAMIE ANDERS0N
Richy59
53 posters

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: TORA TCC - General Discussion

Post by ckBrenneke Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 23:29

Do apologise for being absent over the last week, real-life and all that...

Anyway, the team points should be scored by the top two drivers for each team. I think that oversight was caused by transferring the rules from the draft to the regs template, as the draft certainly states top two drivers from each team score towards the team's points per meeting.
ckBrenneke
ckBrenneke

Number of posts : 3856
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Wed 28 Mar 2012 - 0:14

Mandown wrote:
NoGoldie wrote:In my opinion the third drivers points should score ...

I mean it in that there is not a cats chance in hell that I will win any championship, but I do like to think I am contributing to the team as a whole .. else there is just no point having a third driver, of course this is still my opinion.

I could have dropped out after qualifying and watched some TV or opened the bottle of vodka knowing that my team mates had already done the hard part

Respect, Goldie...

The way I see this is that the third driver of a team can take points away from other teams, so to speak. If one team's drivers finished 1st, 2nd and 3rd, sure, only the top two drivers count for the Team, but the third driver has made sure that the next best team can only score 4th place points.....

It all adds up in the long run

This may well be true for the team point scoring but not for the drivers championship.

Everyone knew the rules when they started, having run a few series races at PLOW MOTORSPORT n stuff I realise and so should you guys that its easy to pick apart the regs that someone has worked hard on and put the time in, the championship is a really good one with lots of really good enthusiastic racers regardless of their talent.

This said, if you look back at the archives your will see in the tora tcc of previous, ALL drivers have scored for the team, its a shame that this has changed.

One good reason I can think of to validate the ruling is that some teams only run with two regular drivers with a third just popping in and out whenever they feel like it, if only the top two places score for that team then they too stand a chance in the team points.
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Wed 28 Mar 2012 - 0:18

PLOW car change:

Seat peice o poo changed for scirocco X3
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Wed 28 Mar 2012 - 7:07

We've never run a series where all 3 drivers have scored team points, it's always been the top 2. I don't know how we managed to make that mistake when writing the rules this season. All three drivers still score their individual points, it's not like the top two drivers of a team are the only ones to score their driver and team points.

TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 8 C7LquN0
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dav of Krypton Wed 28 Mar 2012 - 10:06

Can you check my points too, I have 4 lol but I am in the leader boards under 2 spellings. 1 is krypton and the other is kyrpton both have 2 points each. Sorry for the hassle cheers Dave
Dav of Krypton
Dav of Krypton

TORA Race Number : 187
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Wed 28 Mar 2012 - 10:36

Well spotted. Fixed.

TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 8 W9Zxp6dTORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 8 AcRCGdgTORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 8 MNafhU3TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 8 Wz5UuVmTORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 8 KUxkD1yTORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 8 W1XKgn0TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 8 VSaZmbSTORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 8 WgsuLHS

TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 8 Sig10
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dav of Krypton Wed 28 Mar 2012 - 12:10

I only spotted because it was me lol.thanks Chris
Dav of Krypton
Dav of Krypton

TORA Race Number : 187
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ckBrenneke Wed 28 Mar 2012 - 20:35

Richy is right - we have never scored all three drivers towards the teams championship. We introduced three driver teams in season 2, where the team leader had to nominate pre-race which two of the three would score team points. From season three it simply became top two points scorers counted.

The reason we had this system is so that a team consisting of one or two drivers would stay in contention with a three driver team. The reason we allowed three driver teams is so that if someone can't make a race, the team still have two drivers to score for them, and as mentioned above, can potentially take points away from other teams.

This is a very unfortunate oversight in the rules. It should have never been stated that the full team would score points, and as I previously said was not in my drafted regulations. However, we will review the situation over the next few days and make a decision how to proceed with this.
ckBrenneke
ckBrenneke

Number of posts : 3856
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Hainesy Wed 28 Mar 2012 - 20:41

If the rules are changed so that only the top 2 drivers in a team score points for said team, will it be possible to change our 3 teams into 4 teams of 2?
Hainesy
Hainesy

TORA Race Number : 446
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1618
Registration date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 21:43

B lobby tonight was a joke to say the least. Started a whole new lobby and then I can't connect, so what happens? They start the race anyway without telling me, so I'm still trying to get in. Oblivious to the fact that they're already racing. Could at least tell me that your gonna start it anyway so I wouldn't be sat there wondering what the hell is going on. there's just to many people racing this year, and I know that can't be helped, you can't just cap it or throw people out but there should be 2 different championships on 2 different nights - Pro's championship & Amateur's championship. I'm quitting the Touring cars now it's just too much hassle
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by SorrySmithy Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 22:28

have to say that 16 people in a lobby is too many, should keep it to 12

1) improves the chance of everyone getting in the race lobby
2) less disparity between fastest and slowest drivers

dont want a repeat of what happened in lobby b tonight.
ended up racing with 11 people instead of 16 Rolling Eyes
SorrySmithy
SorrySmithy

TORA Race Number : 5
Number of posts : 1886

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnnyboy3600 Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 22:44

It is crazy the amount of people, but then again, how can real racers manage it? But then again, they are inside the car, we are infront of a TV screen! Smithy I'm sorry again for what happened. Looking at the replay and I cut in the corner a bit on the left and as I came out of the corner, I crashed into you. I had little space to avoid it. It seems as if you may not have seen me and so didn't know I was exiting the corner.

Johnnyboy3600

TORA Race Number : 360
Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by DangerDave49 Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 22:49

Really enjoyed the C lobby tonight. Great racing.

Thanks to the organisers and racers.

DangerDave49

TORA Race Number : 149
Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2012-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by SorrySmithy Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 22:53

Johnnyboy3600 wrote:It is crazy the amount of people, but then again, how can real racers manage it? But then again, they are inside the car, we are infront of a TV screen! Smithy I'm sorry again for what happened. Looking at the replay and I cut in the corner a bit on the left and as I came out of the corner, I crashed into you. I had little space to avoid it. It seems as if you may not have seen me and so didn't know I was exiting the corner.

wrong guy man

TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 8 What
SorrySmithy
SorrySmithy

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnnyboy3600 Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 23:11

MY BAD!!! Sorry! Nice gif by the way! I dunno, not good with names anyway! Was it the other BG racer?

Johnnyboy3600

TORA Race Number : 360
Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by SorrySmithy Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 23:46

would of been wumba or scarlett

no worries
SorrySmithy
SorrySmithy

Back to top Go down

Post by BG Dr Green Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 0:14

the lobby qualifying session tonight that i was in was really bad, no roll off delay, which put me right off, and no damage turned on, had things been set up as they should have been, no disrespect meant to cpt nemo but he wouldn't have qualified in the a lobby he would have been in c lobby as he rolled his car on 2nd lap but lucky for him of course he had no dmage

BG Dr Green

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 0:34

Lobby A ran fine, full 16 car grid too.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR HABURi Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 0:53

FranchittiFan wrote:Lobby A ran fine, full 16 car grid too.

loading up was fine, but that 2nd race was a bit of a bumper car fest at times tbh.
CQR HABURi
CQR HABURi

TORA Race Number : 618
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by NoGoldie Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 8:25

CQR HABURi wrote:
FranchittiFan wrote:Lobby A ran fine, full 16 car grid too.

loading up was fine, but that 2nd race was a bit of a bumper car fest at times tbh.

I would agree with Haburi ...

I would also agree that 16 cars in a lobby is just too much ...
NoGoldie
NoGoldie

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-02-14

http://www.nogmotorsport.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 9:08

Firstly I'd like to apologise to those who were affected by connection issues last night. I tried everything humanly possible to get everyone into my lobby, including breaking the whole thing apart and starting over with the people who couldn't get in before. As Duncan has posted in the connectivity thread, it helps us greatly if you've sorted your NAT settings etc, because we (the hosts) only have control of our own xboxes. It's up to you guys to help us on your ends. To follow that, it also helps us if you accept your lobby invites prompty.

It appeared that the first attempt to put my lobby together was suffering problems caused by too many people trying to join at once, so on the second attempt I set the lobby to invite only, and invited one-by-one. That's all well and good, but you have to accept your invites quickly, or there will be a whole lot of people sitting outside of a lobby waiting for invites for ages, just like last night.

Again, sorry if it sounds like I'm getting angry, which is not the case. It's just frustrating when you know you're doing everything you can to make things work, and they're still not working!!
A little understanding, and a little help in the return direction, would be greatly appreciated.

Going forwards, we will probably limit lobby size to around 12, but full lobbies have appeared to be stable since the patch, so I thought we'd be able to have them last night, and so it worked fine for 2 of the 3 lobbies last night. I think if the game can support it properly it should be used. You can't really use the argument "16 cars is too many/too much of a crashfest". If there's not technical issue (lag), then it's your problem to deal with driving in a pack, or passing traffic. That's a big part of racing, and why should we limit the lobby size just to remove/reduce that? Anyway, at the moment there are technical issues, so lobbies will be limited and the point is moot, but now you know how I feel on the lobby size subject.

On the plus side, we had some crazy racing last night. Very entertaining. Apologies (wow I seem to be apologising a lot!) to Zac Lee for scaring the crap out of him! Next time I'll try not to stand my car on the door mirror going through a corner when you're following me! lol!

TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 8 W9Zxp6dTORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 8 AcRCGdgTORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 8 MNafhU3TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 8 Wz5UuVmTORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 8 KUxkD1yTORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 8 W1XKgn0TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 8 VSaZmbSTORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 8 WgsuLHS

TORA TCC - General Discussion - Page 8 Sig10
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 10:21

Issue isn't lobby sizes, it's people not having a clue about setting their NAT settings to OPEN.

Use port triggering not forwarding and that will ensure that the appropriate ports are open to your entire WLAN/LAN network, not just one IP...

In Forza everyone connects to everyone, not just a 'host' like most games, so one person who has already joined a lobby who has a CLOSED NAT, then stops all people joining who have MODERATE or CLOSED settings, resulting in one lobby being fudged already.

We sat there for over half an hour waiting to get people in... if you haven't set your router up right, no amount of tries is going to get you into the lobby!

In the end I had to leave before the lobby had even formed due to it taking so long, and I know it wasn't me having problems, I ensure my NAT settings are set to OPEN on all Xbox's that are on my network by using port triggering, it's not hard!

I'll put on my fireproof suit now and await the wrath!

/rant over
Beanz
Beanz

TORA Race Number : 57
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2661

Back to top Go down

Post by DangerDave49 Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 10:34

Not a flame for you but a polite suggestion.
Perhaps you could remind people of how to check this?
BG Beanz wrote:Issue isn't lobby sizes, it's people not having a clue about setting their NAT settings to OPEN.

Use port triggering not forwarding and that will ensure that the appropriate ports are open to your entire WLAN/LAN network, not just one IP...

In Forza everyone connects to everyone, not just a 'host' like most games, so one person who has already joined a lobby who has a CLOSED NAT, then stops all people joining who have MODERATE or CLOSED settings, resulting in one lobby being fudged already.

We sat there for over half an hour waiting to get people in... if you haven't set your router up right, no amount of tries is going to get you into the lobby!

In the end I had to leave before the lobby had even formed due to it taking so long, and I know it wasn't me having problems, I ensure my NAT settings are set to OPEN on all Xbox's that are on my network by using port triggering, it's not hard!

I'll put on my fireproof suit now and await the wrath!

/rant over

DangerDave49

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2012-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanz Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 10:46

Yeah of course, it's different for each router, but when I get home from work I'll post something up
Beanz
Beanz

TORA Race Number : 57
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 2661

Back to top Go down

Post by DangerDave49 Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 10:48

Cheers? Very Happy

DangerDave49