TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Forza Horizon - General Discussion

+51
SGR Amber
Mrbrown33
NorseFalconer
LMR Mopar
TfR Milton
TPR b0x
Vettel#1
STATIC TREMOR
R!CARDOUK
wood53y
Whos TabmaN
xVampirAx
CQR HABURi
RumbleBee 392
CQR Jono
Hainesy
LMR BlackHawk
XPR Roadrunner
F4H Lotterer
Wooflers
DeweyTee
Beanz
PLOW tubbi
VVV GunDaM
Stonewall458
Hailfire97x
Mandown46
GSW outlaw
F4H Bullet
Ax4x Mikey J
Biggsy tv
Matt
ATR DAN
Ianmr
ckBrenneke
Duke of Bruno
lfcnicklfc
Standaman94
Ax4x Kane
theboomeranga
JAMIE ANDERS0N
Ax4x Chaddy
HCR generaltso
ART Carrera
AMR of the Apex
CQR Aero
F4H Carrera
CQR Rogue
LMR DarthMario
Richy59
nickyf1
55 posters

Page 12 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next

Go down

Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Forza Horizon - General Discussion

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 14:04

Exactly! Think of it has a £40 DLC package for Forza Motorsport 4 where you can drive off road, do some rallying, go for a free-roam with your friends. It doesn't have to replace FM4, that's still there for the hardcore circuit races!

Back to top Go down

Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Forza Horizon - General Discussion

Post by Duke of Bruno Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 16:19

CQR MAGiC wrote:...
It doesn't have to replace FM4, that's still there for the hardcore circuit races!
+1

I enjoyed the demo. It seems like decent way to kill time by messing around on the open road after running laps at a circuit in FM4.
Duke of Bruno
Duke of Bruno

TORA Race Number : 79
Number of posts : 1964
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Hailfire97x Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 18:17

I'm split about 60-40 on buying it or not. I know I'll have adequate fun compared to other games I have, but I can also see this being as popular as a DiRT 3 or a TDU2: Everyone loves it for 2 weeks. After 3 weeks, no one I know will play it anymore.
Hailfire97x
Hailfire97x

TORA Race Number : 9
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2012-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 20:10

A couple of tips/tricks and other things I've found:

There are billboards on the ground you can destroy for a 1% discount on upgrades (and there's 100 of them, how handy is that?)

In some places you can find pedestrians. They stand in groups and stare at each other, sometimes waving ecstatically, and also violently shake on the ground. I think mushrooms, LSD or crack may be heavily consumed in this festival.

Destroyable objects will explode into fragments, even when touching them at 1mph.

Traffic drivers wear completely black morph suits and nothing else, and AI drivers look the exact same as you.

If your car is heavily damaged, you can go into the options and change the Cosmetic Damage setting off and on again, and your car will be fixed.

There are a lot of invisible walls around the edges of the roads, in particular in wooded areas.

Tire smoke has been improved, too. Check out the thick cloud that comes out of the Viper's tires!

Traffic sticks to a very constant 30mph, despite there being very little other traffic, other cars speeding past dangerously at 200mph, and most interestingly, no law enforcement.
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 20:27

Has anyone played the demo with a wheel, and if so how does it feel? I only ask because some demos don't have the full wheel drivers in then a la F1 2012.

Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 C7LquN0
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by R!CARDOUK Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 22:42

Grandturismo3 meets need for speed (most wanted) meets Top of the pops. Interesting collection if i do say so myself. Not sure what the full game will offer but only 16 days to find out. But best not foget not to use rallycross driving style for GT races on FM4 Wink

P.s.. i wonder if you get to fly the mustang? Smile
R!CARDOUK
R!CARDOUK

TORA Race Number : 54
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Wed 10 Oct 2012 - 23:56

R!CARDOUK wrote:P.s.. i wonder if you get to fly the mustang? Smile

Ralph confirmed at Eurogamer that you cannot. The only way to get airborne, is in a car!

Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 W9Zxp6dForza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 AcRCGdgForza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 MNafhU3Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 Wz5UuVmForza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 KUxkD1yForza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 W1XKgn0Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 VSaZmbSForza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 WgsuLHS

Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 Sig10
CQR Aero
CQR Aero

TORA Race Number : 80
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 6084
Registration date : 2009-06-22

http://www.chrissiddallmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 0:17

Right, played the demo.

Evokes Dirt 2 with it's pacing, menus, sound design, framerate and music. Also evokes old NFS free roam games like Underground 2, Most Wanted, et all. The handling feels Forza, but it's far too dumbed down for my liking (of course, I didn't expect it to be as good as Forza 4 in that department.). The off-road driving was underwhelming. The roads were underwhelming. The roads provide no challenge, the physical act of driving definitely isn't the focus of this game. Unlike Dirt 2, there's no sense of satisfaction from tearing through a stage (Mali Alen Pass...) with a blistering time, all the while avoiding rock faces, getting sideways over jumps or getting the front corner hooked nicely into a rut. No such satisfaction in Horizon.

Comparisons with TDU end with 'it's a free roam driving game'. It's nothing like TDU after that. The roads were pretty boring, and they're all lined with impenetrable barriers, which is disappointing.

Horizon isn't for me.

Still though, that Chemical Brothers intro had me sweaty, taps aff, glow sticked up and lovin' the beats. Fantastic tune Smile

I'd also like to add that my 10 year old brother loves it. And so would I as a wee lad into cars. There's definitely a place for Horizon, but it's not for me just now.
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 1:09

i only played the demo yesterday for about 20 minutes, and i have to agree with nicky. i personally was hoping to compare it to TDU:1, but unfortunately, its not like the MMO that TDU was. had it been an MMO, Turn10, IMO, would've struck gold, despite its shortcomings. i logged over 30,000 miles around Oahu in TDU1. i still have my preorder for Horizon set, but i HIGHLY DOUBT i'll get that much play time into it

Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 4CehZCuForza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 1Im0ehJForza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 AZBlrjnForza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 SSaUnAU
Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 KlHMZuJForza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 1vuHXh0Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 FoUH4rWForza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 N9zGJcN
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggsy tv Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 7:52

I find it hard to understand how people can make their minds up about a game by only playing a DEMO.

Forza 4 DEMO gave us a 458 at Bernese Alps, but there was so much more to the game than that. Of course some of the scenery is going to be invisi-barriered, they won't give you the whole map in a DEMO.

Just read back the first sentence you both wrote!

"Right, played the demo", and even worse "I only played the demo yesterday for about 20 minutes".

I'm not saying your both wrong, I'm saying don't judge an entire game by simply playing the demo.

twitch.tv/Biggsy
Biggsy tv
Biggsy tv

TORA Race Number : 441
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 7494
Registration date : 2009-05-23

http://www.twitch.tv/Biggsy

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 8:07

I took care not to critisise it for things that were obviously there because it was a demo, but I found the handling of the cars and the roads quite underwhelming. I didn't really play the demo much longer after doing some of the races.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, I'm sure it'l be a fun title for those who get into it. It's just in those particular two departments, it lacked in what I was hoping it would be. The entire playing area will have these barriers, I'm sure of it. The off-road driving wasn't sideways enough either Sad

On the other hand, I was impressed with the visuals and sound design. Very Dirt 2, but it works quite well.
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Rogue Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 8:11

CMGraphix wrote:I find it hard to understand how people can make their minds up about a game by only playing a DEMO.

Forza 4 DEMO gave us a 458 at Bernese Alps, but there was so much more to the game than that. Of course some of the scenery is going to be invisi-barriered, they won't give you the whole map in a DEMO.

Just read back the first sentence you both wrote!

"Right, played the demo", and even worse "I only played the demo yesterday for about 20 minutes".

I'm not saying your both wrong, I'm saying don't judge an entire game by simply playing the demo.

totally agree lol its like people make there mind up about beta releases of games lol lol! lol! lol!

Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 2666031

Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting
CQR Rogue
CQR Rogue

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 15745
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 8:27

...I'd also add that the segments of track available in the game are by far some of the less challenging areas of the map. The top-right area (in the shadowed area on the map screen) in the mountains is epic. Saying that the roads are "uninspiring" would be like saying the tracks in FM4 are uninspiring after playing a demo based on Camino Mini, Benchmark C and Silverstone National.

Oh, and you haven't played multiplayer free roam yet....bring on the car chases!!

Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 W9Zxp6dForza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 AcRCGdgForza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 MNafhU3Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 Wz5UuVmForza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 KUxkD1yForza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 W1XKgn0Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 VSaZmbSForza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 WgsuLHS

CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 8:44

there's two seperate highlited areas, how do we get there? or are they were the mustang race and S class races are
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 8:52

The latter. You'll be able to get there under your own steam on release day (you can go anywhere straight off the bat).

CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 8:54

really, i thought you had to progress to get more map area
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 9:08

As far as I remember from the press day, you could free roam anywhere, but the events/races were by invitation only, which you have to progress your way through by gaining popularity and earning wrist bands.

CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 9:36

Ah ok cool
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Thu 11 Oct 2012 - 20:52

You know, I find this game quite intuitive for me. Reminds me of old times... Me and friends mucking around on dirt roads and unused public roads.

I'm 89th on the leaderboard for the Mustang VS Mustang challenge... I suppose it helps that I own a classic mustang... Razz
Standaman94
Standaman94

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by STATIC TREMOR Fri 12 Oct 2012 - 8:45

I think this game is a great idea, and it looks well-executed and it has Forza physics.

It's not supposed to be Forza 5, and it isn't aimed at hardcore racers who are all about shaving tenths. It's about caning your favourite car on public roads and competing in ridiculous races on amazing roads against people who want to do the same, with better-than-Forza scenery and cheap cars stashed in barns.

Nobody is forcing you to buy it, the Forza Motorsport franchise remains intact and we know for sure that FM5 will at least have dynamic lighting - what's to complain about?
STATIC TREMOR
STATIC TREMOR

TORA Race Number : 303
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Fri 12 Oct 2012 - 9:14

i agree, i love it, takes me back to the old NFS, except this is better...
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Fri 12 Oct 2012 - 12:21

Standaman94
Standaman94

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Aero Fri 12 Oct 2012 - 13:05

I spy a classic Mini! TORA Self Preservation Society anyone?

CQR Aero
CQR Aero

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Fri 12 Oct 2012 - 13:10

CQR Aero wrote:I spy a classic Mini! TORA Self Preservation Society anyone?
Forza Horizon - General Discussion - Page 12 Tumblr_lqwxxpT0Z91ql7m05o1_500

Also, every single car in Horizon: http://www.xboxfront.de/news-2811-32285-Forza_Horizon_Xbox_360_EXKLUSIV_Alle_Autos_alle_Hersteller_alle_Leistungsdaten_.html
Standaman94
Standaman94

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Fri 12 Oct 2012 - 13:20

is it in english?
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next