TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Suggestions for a new mini-series - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Suggestions for a new mini-series - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Suggestions for a new mini-series - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Suggestions for a new mini-series - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Suggestions for a new mini-series - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Suggestions for a new mini-series - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Suggestions for a new mini-series - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Suggestions for a new mini-series - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Suggestions for a new mini-series - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Suggestions for a new mini-series

+21
PLOW tubbi
theboomeranga
RumbleBee 392
Biggsy tv
Duke of Bruno
CQR Aero
CQR HABURi
HCR generaltso
Richy59
Hailfire97x
CQR Rogue
nickyf1
garyp3398
lfcnicklfc
Mandown46
Dav of Krypton
Ax4x Chaddy
Stonewall458
Ax4x Mikey J
AMR of the Apex
Ax4x Kane
25 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Suggestions for a new mini-series - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions for a new mini-series

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sun 3 Jun 2012 - 18:06

I am running V8SCs @ Iberian reverse for this week's Hotlap Challenge, and as I am driving them, I am thinking how underused yet fun to drive these beasts are.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for a new mini-series - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions for a new mini-series

Post by RumbleBee 392 Sun 3 Jun 2012 - 19:16

i know right, im down for the hot lap tho Smile
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3126
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Mon 4 Jun 2012 - 4:24

Here's the link to the Hotlap Challenge...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997653-forza-motorsport-4/62980139

GameFAQs sign up is easy too.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Mon 4 Jun 2012 - 6:39

WCM Outlaw wrote:i was wondering if we could bring in a V8 supercar series again, i wouldn't mind getting all the rules and tracks set in if needed. if ppl are interested, let me know Smile
i can help with that if u want, im an aussie, watched so many races, watched a heap live, met some of the drivers and my dad got to drive laps in one a few years back, with me shotgun!!! don't you love it when you know people involed!! so i'd be up to helping with a V8SC championship, its my passion, as you may tell, i'm keen as, it'd make great tora tv too, even though CMGraphix has his hands full as it is, but it would be, race mostly euro circuits, and road atlanta, sebring and sunset full R, theyre what i race because they are similar to the tracks here, i'd love to help if need be
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dav of Krypton Mon 4 Jun 2012 - 11:13

GRT 458Italia wrote:
WCM Outlaw wrote:i was wondering if we could bring in a V8 supercar series again, i wouldn't mind getting all the rules and tracks set in if needed. if ppl are interested, let me know Smile
i can help with that if u want, im an aussie, watched so many races, watched a heap live, met some of the drivers and my dad got to drive laps in one a few years back, with me shotgun!!! don't you love it when you know people involed!! so i'd be up to helping with a V8SC championship, its my passion, as you may tell, i'm keen as, it'd make great tora tv too, even though CMGraphix has his hands full as it is, but it would be, race mostly euro circuits, and road atlanta, sebring and sunset full R, theyre what i race because they are similar to the tracks here, i'd love to help if need be

Cool maybe I could run this.
Dav of Krypton
Dav of Krypton

TORA Race Number : 187
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Mon 4 Jun 2012 - 13:36

A V8 Supercar series sounds good. What assists will be banned, if any?
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Number of posts : 3148
Registration date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Mon 4 Jun 2012 - 13:49

well first off im sure there are other people that can do the replays too, if need be. i'm not an aussie but i follow the series like i am lol so are we gonna race the cars stock or with some upgrades? and with that what assist, if any, do drivers of the V8's have in real life?
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Mon 4 Jun 2012 - 14:05

I may be talking rubbish here, but I believe they don't run any assists. However, because some assists (Particularly, traction control) can have create a big difference in people's speed, it may be a good idea to allow that one to close up the field a bit
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Mon 4 Jun 2012 - 14:25

that what i was thinking, cuz in real life, traction control is a lil easier to drive with out than in a video game too. so pretty much run them with the same rules as the other series
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Mon 4 Jun 2012 - 21:52

WCM Outlaw wrote:that what i was thinking, cuz in real life, traction control is a lil easier to drive with out than in a video game too. so pretty much run them with the same rules as the other series
I say, run them stock, only tuning, traction n braking line on n everything else off, except steering which would be at least normal, and at least a normal manual. As for the races, have them on a 2.2-5 km circuit going for 40 races, then at the end have a race t road America/norschliefe that runs for longer, say 90 minutes. Three tracks we must have (because they're massively similar to some of my favorites) are Rd Atlanta, Sunset Penisula Full Reverse and an hr race at laguna secs, because it's the closest thing to Bathurst...
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by nickyf1 Mon 4 Jun 2012 - 22:02

Sunset Peninsula bears some similarity to Adelaide in the infield section.
nickyf1
nickyf1

TORA Race Number : 271
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 10770
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Mon 4 Jun 2012 - 22:26

Dav of Krypton wrote:
GRT 458Italia wrote:

Cool maybe I could run this.
Nice, I'd run the 2012 Vodafone seeing I've got a replica already, speaking of replicas does anyone have this years HRT livery?
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Tue 5 Jun 2012 - 0:38

well i'm curious would we want to do one race that's an hour or do two races that are 30 to 45, or do mix through the season of about 13 races? also do automatically set it to two teams only or open to anyone?
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Tue 5 Jun 2012 - 7:43

Like I said, they are a blast around Iberian too. It has a couple spots that remind me of Phillip Isle if that counts. And Suzuka East provides great races in almost everything, and V8SCs are fun getting around that circuit.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Tue 5 Jun 2012 - 9:02

May I suggest that we operate success ballast on this series, some very quick people have expressed an interest.

It has to be about fair racing, bringing the quick guys back to pack racing is what its all about, not hot lapping.

I have suggested this numerous times, its how real world deals with it. There must be a way, a grip reduction or power reduction should be a good substitute for weight gain ballast.

In particular torque or run wide will run away with it, they will both agree closer racing thats hard is preferable to hot lapping.

What do you think?.
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dav of Krypton Tue 5 Jun 2012 - 9:26

PLOW tubbi wrote:May I suggest that we operate success ballast on this series, some very quick people have expressed an interest.

It has to be about fair racing, bringing the quick guys back to pack racing is what its all about, not hot lapping.

I have suggested this numerous times, its how real world deals with it. There must be a way, a grip reduction or power reduction should be a good substitute for weight gain ballast.

In particular torque or run wide will run away with it, they will both agree closer racing thats hard is preferable to hot lapping.

What do you think?.

Hit the nail on the head there pal. Couldn't agree more Smile They must get bored all the way in front all the time..
Dav of Krypton
Dav of Krypton

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Kane Tue 5 Jun 2012 - 11:17

Please. Let's make this happen. Could someone come up with a proposed calendar, then see what everyone thinks and come up with a calendar that everyone is happy with. The ballast idea is very good & should make the racing more interesting.
Ax4x Kane
Ax4x Kane

Playstation 4 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOW tubbi Tue 5 Jun 2012 - 11:19

For the calendar, how about the tuesdays alternating with the tcc, i,m pretty sure that doesnt conflict with any other series.
PLOW tubbi
PLOW tubbi

Number of posts : 1763
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Tue 5 Jun 2012 - 12:25

Flyin Mikey J wrote:Like I said, they are a blast around Iberian too. It has a couple spots that remind me of Phillip Isle if that counts. And Suzuka East provides great races in almost everything, and V8SCs are fun getting around that circuit.
To those I can add: mugello, Sedona club, Hockenheim, Indianapolis, Catalunia national, and best of all Silverstone international
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

PC Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonewall458 Tue 5 Jun 2012 - 14:42

PLOW tubbi wrote:For the calendar, how about the tuesdays alternating with the tcc, i,m pretty sure that doesnt conflict with any other series.

TORA Clubman Cup alternates with TCC, Saturdays and Sundays are closed as well, and I already have something planned that's V8 Supercar related as an official series later in the year.
Stonewall458
Stonewall458

Number of posts : 1560
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dav of Krypton Tue 5 Jun 2012 - 14:44

Stonewall458 wrote:
PLOW tubbi wrote:For the calendar, how about the tuesdays alternating with the tcc, i,m pretty sure that doesnt conflict with any other series.

TORA Clubman Cup alternates with TCC, Saturdays and Sundays are closed as well, and I already have something planned that's V8 Supercar related as an official series later in the year.

Thats it leave us all in suspense Smile
Dav of Krypton
Dav of Krypton

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Tue 5 Jun 2012 - 15:21

related? well i did a V8 series before and the EMW guys seem to run away until i figured the trick was on the gears, once i tweaked those then those then me and a few others were on pace with them, if not beating them. But i was thinkin of running them on thursdays or fridays? but lets see what comes up from stonewall, in the mean time, i'm down for running them for fun until, if anyone is interested this thursday of friday, which ever is better. i'm gonna open up a V8 supercar lobby, PM or message me on live for which days you guys want and we will see how the turn-out is Smile
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonewall458 Tue 5 Jun 2012 - 15:24

It'll be a few months before this V8 series I'm planning happens. The current plan is for it to take place after TASCAR finishes it season on Saturdays.
Stonewall458
Stonewall458

Number of posts : 1560
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Richy59 Tue 5 Jun 2012 - 15:32

Tuesdays will be a focused night for any racing that where we use slower/lower classes cars. As we venture more and more into Racing Car based series we don't have many options for people who don't like using those types of cars and would rather race lower classed production cars. Hence why the TCC and hopefully the Clubman cup will run on those nights.

The V8 Supercars are very high powered and difficult to drive, much like the GT and ISCC series cars. We need to try and cater for every type of driver and not alienate too many people with the series that we pick.
Richy59
Richy59

TORA Race Number : 20
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 13799
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Chaddy Tue 5 Jun 2012 - 15:54

V8s aint hard to drive its just how you drive them, I dont see a problem with hosting a small v8 championship after the clubman/TCC races.
Ax4x Chaddy
Ax4x Chaddy

TORA Race Number : 00
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 9124
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next