TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA TEC Spa 12H - General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA TEC Spa 12H - General Discussion - Page 8 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA TEC Spa 12H - General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA TEC Spa 12H - General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA TEC Spa 12H - General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA TEC Spa 12H - General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA TEC Spa 12H - General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA TEC Spa 12H - General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA TEC Spa 12H - General Discussion - Page 8 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA TEC Spa 12H - General Discussion

+43
F4H Carrera
HCR Carlson
Ax4x Kane
HCR Bellmond
SVR Yamagura
We1ty
DonatedSatyr227
HCR Super T
Amarth
Simply Law
BAM Leigh
F4H Xyloto
LMR Ganassi
RBR Venom
LMR TopSecret
LMR MountainMan
LMR Deftone MX
F4H EGGY
LZR Harmonic
Diablo 29x
Focusatze
DDM Driv3
Freheliaz
SGR Amber
xebot360
Blacky Mojo
TechnologicMau5
PTG Chungus
RW26 BLAZE
TJSteel
LRT Dan
desertrainfrog
F4H Lotterer
HCR Motorhead
SVR Solar
ShrinkingSteven
ART Carrera
Fazed Intro
F4H Hakkinen
MAB170294
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
Foreu2env
AdamWatson99
47 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

TORA TEC Spa 12H - General Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: TORA TEC Spa 12H - General Discussion

Post by xVampirAx Sun 11 Sep 2016 - 20:02

gotta say that wasnt something i dont want to ever do again,thats race in the dark in forza.also sorry to those who crashed into me in stint 5,plus because of a game bug i thought i had the wrong paint and thus lost out on stint 2 despite messaging the host( i would like to point out that it was sent and i very much doubt it got there as i sent one to one of the other drivers in the stint and they said they never got it despite me sending it)in future i will stick to day time stints and leave the night to the pros.
xVampirAx
xVampirAx

TORA Race Number : 222
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

TORA TEC Spa 12H - General Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: TORA TEC Spa 12H - General Discussion

Post by F4H Hakkinen Sun 11 Sep 2016 - 20:07

It's on the official TORA twitch channel Zach.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

TORA Race Number : 379
Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Sun 11 Sep 2016 - 20:14

F4H Hakkinen wrote:race smarts
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DDM Driv3 Sun 11 Sep 2016 - 21:19

[quote="F4H Hakkinen"

5. Starting the stints on time is imperative. S5 was nearly half an hour late and there was no sense of urgency and I've no idea what the delay was.[/quote]

Unfortunately at the time the race was running a little behind but that's nothing unusual. The knock on effect of people double stinting (which I was) means that the next stint can't go until everyone is present. I agree there wasn't much of a sense of urgency but we weren't dithering about either, more relaxed and keeping calm while hosting so we didn't stress the [Censored] out like staff and hosts can do during these races Smile

Also to do with the builds, I agree too and we will make a big push to make them as balanced as possible as fast as possible before Silverstone Smile
DDM Driv3
DDM Driv3

TORA Race Number : 6
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1597
Registration date : 2014-06-17

https://griptekperformance.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Sun 11 Sep 2016 - 21:51

xVampirAx wrote:gotta  say that wasnt something i dont want to ever do again,thats race in the dark in forza.also sorry to those who crashed into me in stint 5,plus because of a game bug i thought i had the wrong paint and thus lost out on stint 2 despite messaging the host( i would like to point out that it was sent and i very much doubt it got there as i sent one to one of the other drivers in the stint and they said they never got it despite me sending it)in future i will stick to day time stints and leave the night to the pros.

you took me out when i was in 3rd battling for 2nd with F4H Eggy, you went off the racing Line so i tried 2 follow Eggy Through, it seemed like you just didnt have a clue where you were going. but guess stuff happens.
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR Harmonic Mon 12 Sep 2016 - 0:05

xVampirAx wrote:( i would like to point out that it was sent and i very much doubt it got there as i sent one to one of the other drivers in the stint and they said they never got it despite me sending it).

This has been mentioned time and time again... The hosts invite EVERYONE to their lobbies within a reasonable time before the start. If you do not receive the invite for any reason, including, but not limited to, Xbox Live issues or leaving the lobby and attempting to rejoin, it is YOUR responsibility to get back into the lobby. There were 21 cars in the field, so it would've been beyond simple just to search one of their gamertags and join their game. Missing the stint is on you, sorry.

xebot360 wrote:I understand that mate but when someone says that the community should help when they (the community) don't have that much time to test them, then that's where the issue starts.

If you openly asked people to test them who wouldn't mind helping (guys away from the dev team), then maybe some progress can be made Smile

This isn't the first time you've said something like this, but I've still yet to see any sort of contribution from you regarding BoP. Is it really that hard to grab the builds from the previous race as a starting point and make adjustments from there as you see fit? Don't act like you're blind to any possible builds when there's basically a template on the forums for you to use.

Regarding the race... Despite some annoyances in the night stints, it was a pretty good one! Really enjoyed watching that battle in stint 3 Very Happy
LZR Harmonic
LZR Harmonic

TORA Race Number : 273
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1119
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 Mon 12 Sep 2016 - 8:04

CAR Harmonic wrote:
xVampirAx wrote:( i would like to point out that it was sent and i very much doubt it got there as i sent one to one of the other drivers in the stint and they said they never got it despite me sending it).

This has been mentioned time and time again... The hosts invite EVERYONE to their lobbies within a reasonable time before the start. If you do not receive the invite for any reason, including, but not limited to, Xbox Live issues or leaving the lobby and attempting to rejoin, it is YOUR responsibility to get back into the lobby. There were 21 cars in the field, so it would've been beyond simple just to search one of their gamertags and join their game. Missing the stint is on you, sorry.

xebot360 wrote:I understand that mate but when someone says that the community should help when they (the community) don't have that much time to test them, then that's where the issue starts.

If you openly asked people to test them who wouldn't mind helping (guys away from the dev team), then maybe some progress can be made Smile

This isn't the first time you've said something like this, but I've still yet to see any sort of contribution from you regarding BoP. Is it really that hard to grab the builds from the previous race as a starting point and make adjustments from there as you see fit? Don't act like you're blind to any possible builds when there's basically a template on the forums for you to use.

Regarding the race... Despite some annoyances in the night stints, it was a pretty good one! Really enjoyed watching that battle in stint 3 Very Happy

Remember want happened at Bathurst when we were building the cars... That's why I don't get involved cause there's no point when it's all gonna get changed anyway. I don't really intend on racing on TORA until next year tbh as I need a break from all this but I want to try help improve the community but that's not happening when people object to ideas people have in general. I was on the CT team and left for that very same reason so I don't see why being off it would allow me to help you guys when I'm pretty much useless anyway XD

xebot360

TORA Race Number : 50
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 837
Registration date : 2014-03-10

https://facebook.com/FMRMotorsport

Back to top Go down

Post by LMP Phantom Tue 13 Sep 2016 - 14:30

Fazed Intro wrote:He apparently had incorrect paint, left to change it and make sure it was correct, asked for invite and never got one. Now I'm no expert, but I think that's a tad unfair considering he was making sure he was abiding by the rules and he was punished due to the Forza lobby picture not being up to date even though the paint was in fact the correct paint, but the picture hadn't updated, and because somebody somewhere along the lines (not mentioning any names, but they know who they are) didn't inform the lobby host of xVampirAx's intentions! Seems to be rather unfair that we're now down a full stint because someone is so incompetent not to reinvite vampira after he'd sorted the issues out. He was unable to rejoin of his own volition, and therefore had to sit his stint out! Seems somebody needs to sort this s**t out!

He never made it clear that he was gonna leave to change paints. I for a start didn't even know his paint was incorrect, nor did i say anything to him about it. its not up to other people in the lobby to inform the host (in this case myself) of other peoples intentions, its that persons responsibility and their's alone. There's nothing unfair about it, by the time he'd messaged me asking for an invite we were already on the grid getting ready to start, I'm not gonna ask 21 people who've been waiting to back out of the lobby just to pick up one person, especially when the lobby is 20mins behind. So yes there's a degree of incompetence, but not on my part. you might wanna get the full story before you start accusing other people for your own teammates mistakes.
LMP Phantom
LMP Phantom

TORA Race Number : 91
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2013-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Foreu2env Tue 13 Sep 2016 - 15:26

So I just watched the recorded twitch stream from stint 6... amazingly those guys switched to my car right in time for my battle with LMP The Lad...  here's the link to play the recording beginning at the time I'm talking about:  https://twitchdown.nightdev.com/download/v88706457s5355e5740

and heres the whole stream recording of stint 6 for anyone interested: https://www.twitch.tv/toraonlinemedia/v/88706457#

I'm glad I got to see the stream, kind of funny to watch people announcing and speculating as you spin through Eau Rouge...

So to clear up what happened because they were asking whether I was trying to slam the door on The Lad or if I was trying to get into a proper line to stay on track...  the truth is, I use the hood/bonnet view and on my screen it showed LMP The Lad as 28 feet behind me so I was moving over to get on the proper line to survive the trip up Radillion.. but as you could see in the stream, LMP was obviously closer than 28 feet because I got spun into the wall, giving me 100% damage.

The next question that came up was "why didn't I pit?" because they were thinking there was 15 minutes left.. but there were only 11 minutes left when the wreck happened and obviously even less time by the time I got around the track.  I knew I was losing the position to LMP The Lad because he kept going.. but I had 2 cars behind me that I would have lost out to if I hit the pits.. so my hope was to stay out long enough to keep them behind me.  In the end though, I got passed with only a few seconds left so it didn't work out the way I'd hoped..

I have to say, I raced 2 stints in this event and the one in the dark (S6) was so much fun even though the last 11 minutes were painful.  I got punted off the track and into a wall by Hunty (accidental racing incident) in the beginning of the race then managed to go from 21st to 13th before my incident with The Lad.  It feels like as soon as I got into the endurance racing groove, the whole thing was over... now I can't wait until the next race.

Last edited by Foreu2env on Tue 13 Sep 2016 - 15:49; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adding hyperlink)
Foreu2env
Foreu2env

TORA Race Number : 185
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2016-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 Tue 13 Sep 2016 - 15:34

Just don't get how lobbies can end up 20 minutes behind or so cause when I hosted, everything ran pretty much ok and started the first/last stint on time. The other stint finished 20 mins late but would've been running 10 minutes late had there been no issues with party chat and the guys from the other stint joining late after their previous stint had finished.

Either way, from what Phantom has said, that sounds like a mistake from the drivers part

xebot360

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Solar Tue 13 Sep 2016 - 16:10

xebot360 wrote:Just don't get how lobbies can end up 20 minutes behind or so cause when I hosted, everything ran pretty much ok and started the first/last stint on time. The other stint finished 20 mins late but would've been running 10 minutes late had there been no issues with party chat and the guys from the other stint joining late after their previous stint had finished.

Either way, from what Phantom has said, that sounds like a mistake from the drivers part

double stinting was allowed for stint 5 and 6 that is probably why we didnt run on time matey.
SVR Solar
SVR Solar

TORA Race Number : 202
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 2745
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by LMP Phantom Tue 13 Sep 2016 - 16:35

xebot360 wrote:Just don't get how lobbies can end up 20 minutes behind or so cause when I hosted, everything ran pretty much ok and started the first/last stint on time. The other stint finished 20 mins late but would've been running 10 minutes late had there been no issues with party chat and the guys from the other stint joining late after their previous stint had finished.

Was largely waiting for drivers to finish stint 1 was the only thing holding back the start tbh
LMP Phantom
LMP Phantom

TORA Race Number : 91
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2013-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by TJSteel Tue 13 Sep 2016 - 17:37

LMP Phantom wrote:

Was largely waiting for drivers to finish stint 1 was the only thing holding back the start tbh

One of the things that delayed the race was a driver continuing at the end of one of the the stints (stint 2).

Now the question on sign up asks if you've read the rules, instead of just saying yes, if everyone could at least look at the rules and read everything highlighted in red then this kind of thing wouldn't happen.

I spend a few hours setting up the threads and modifying the rules to suit each round and find it really annoying when I get asked what were doing.

The only way to get it to finish exactly on time is if the community would actually know what were doing before the event to prevent any issues like this, and if the servers were more reliable, and we could save the lobby settings, and if we could just go back to fm4 lol
TJSteel
TJSteel

TORA Race Number : 47
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 1598
Registration date : 2014-04-24

http://happycatracing.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by xebot360 Tue 13 Sep 2016 - 21:53

HCR TJSteel wrote:
LMP Phantom wrote:

One of the things that delayed the race was a driver continuing at the end of one of the the stints (stint 2).

Now the question on sign up asks if you've read the rules, instead of just saying yes, if everyone could at least look at the rules and read everything highlighted in red then this kind of thing wouldn't happen.

I spend a few hours setting up the threads and modifying the rules to suit each round and find it really annoying when I get asked what were doing.

The only way to get it to finish exactly on time is if the community would actually know what were doing before the event to prevent any issues like this, and if the servers were more reliable, and we could save the lobby settings, and if we could just go back to fm4 lol

That would help a lot XD FM4 was sooooo much better for lobby settings and all that crap. It may help if we get lobbies set up slightly earlier than usually possibly to try solve these issues sooner ???

xebot360

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Motorhead Tue 13 Sep 2016 - 22:43

They are, just we cannot wait on others until they've collected the data from the prior stint.
HCR Motorhead
HCR Motorhead

TORA Race Number : 4
PC Number of posts : 3084
Registration date : 2012-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Tue 13 Sep 2016 - 23:08

Can we not just do no double stints somewhere in the time frame and do a stint delay for the results? Lobbies won't start moving around until S3 basically. We still get movements in positions and you have stints that now run on time more or less.
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

TORA Race Number : 379
Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Foreu2env Wed 14 Sep 2016 - 1:09

Why not just start the next stint based on track position of previous stint?

When Stint 3 ends, no need to recompile total mileage, just send off stint 4 in the grid order stint 3 ended with. If stint 3 isnt finished by the time stint 4 is supposed to start, then take grid order at that time even though the stint isnt finished. In the end, all mileage gets added up for total race anyway, it just helps get things rolling on each subsequent stint closer to its scheduled start time.

In addition to the above, why not make a rule that double stinting can only take place when the first stint is on an odd number. Ie you can double stints 1 and 2, but you cannot double 2 and 3. This lets teams both start and finish the race with a double if they choose, but it provides multiple zones to re-sync the schedule. Stint 3 and 5 (and 7,9,11) will always start on time, which means you should never see much drifting in schedule at all...
Foreu2env
Foreu2env

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Foreu2env Wed 14 Sep 2016 - 1:20

Also, unrelated to my comments above... There should be a true race control lobby/chat (not just a thread) and during the race, there should be at least 1 representative from each team present. This way situations like my team ran into could be avoided because the team rep would see/fix the issue.. My teams problem was where a driver dropped lobby and missed stint because he didnt know he wouldnt get a second invite.. Yes its his fault, but if a race control lobby existed, team rep could have told him to re-join and the race host wouldnt have to scour the entry list looking for participants.

I remember during this years TEC Le Mans, LMR Minardi(i think?) got pissed off because one of his team mates never showed up.. If there had been a race control lobby with team rep present, the team rep could have taken the missing drivers slot or pulled in another team driver...

Yes, its an extra step, but it might be helpful and its definitely more organized than what I see so far... And if a team rep doesnt stay in race control lobby, then its their own fault if drama happens.. I just think that as this site and sim racing as a whole begins to grow and gain exposure, there might be a benefit to having more control...

But I'm a nobody who's only known this site for like 3 months so just tell me to shutup if I'm sounding like a jackass Smile
Foreu2env
Foreu2env

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Foreu2env Wed 14 Sep 2016 - 1:26

P.s. Global coordination of participants in live broadcast events is part of what I do for a living.. So if anyone wants to talk more, let me know
Foreu2env
Foreu2env

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8