TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» New to League Racing!
TORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Registration
TORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:44 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Lobby Settings
TORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 0:16 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion

+48
Standaman94
exp1osive sam
RBR Venom
xebot360
HCR Skodaboie
HCR Mad Bull
LMP Dragon
ATR DAN
andiosterfeld
HCR Hamish
Joito04
BigBen13x
WR Watcher
XRS RoberAstur
Focusatze
Senna
Foreu2env
RW26 BLAZE
HCR Bellmond
Ax4x Chaddy
henkymetcola
ESV Moshys
Fazed Intro
HCR Motorhead
DDM Driv3
SVR Solar
F4H Hakkinen
AdamWatson99
F4H Xyloto
F4H Carrera
XRS Carlos
LZR ForceOne
xNIGHTMARE84
Miiraki
HCR generaltso
xVampirAx
TJSteel
LZR Harmonic
theboomeranga
MID LAND ZETA
SGR Amber
F4H Lotterer
PTG Chungus
MAB170294
Freheliaz
SVR Yamagura
Diablo 29x
Matt
52 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

TORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: TORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion

Post by Miiraki Tue 18 Oct 2016 - 7:21

If I have 5 drivers registered, and one may or may not be able to race do I have to have all drivers do a stint?
Miiraki
Miiraki

TORA Race Number : 44
Xbox One Mac

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2012-09-15

Back to top Go down

TORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: TORA TEC Silverstone 12H: General Discussion

Post by xNIGHTMARE84 Tue 18 Oct 2016 - 11:00

Which stint are going to be the wet stints? Cant seem to find any info.
Are we going with whats in the weather vote of DDWWDD?

xNIGHTMARE84

TORA Race Number : 357
Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2012-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR Amber Tue 18 Oct 2016 - 12:37

Yes.
SGR Amber
SGR Amber

TORA Race Number : 100
PC Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Yamagura Tue 18 Oct 2016 - 14:12

Shame there's not more teams signed up. If the current signups are split between 2 lobbies I don't think there will be much action.
SVR Yamagura
SVR Yamagura

TORA Race Number : 247
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2012-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR ForceOne Tue 18 Oct 2016 - 17:32

Hopefully we do one big lobby using Gamechat or having GT drivers in one party and TCC in another.

LZR ForceOne

Xbox 360 Playstation 4

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2016-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Tue 18 Oct 2016 - 23:27

F4H ForceOne wrote:Hopefully we do one big lobby using Gamechat or having GT drivers in one party and TCC in another.
that definitely will not happy..
splitting GT and TC into two different lobbies, not a chance Razz
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by LZR ForceOne Wed 19 Oct 2016 - 0:13

ErebusV8 wrote:
F4H ForceOne wrote:Hopefully we do one big lobby using Gamechat or having GT drivers in one party and TCC in another.
that definitely will not happy..
splitting GT and TC into two different lobbies, not a chance Razz
not lobbies, party's

IMO two lobbies of 10 would be very boring.

LZR ForceOne

Xbox 360 Playstation 4

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2016-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by theboomeranga Wed 19 Oct 2016 - 1:16

OOOHH I completely missed the 'party' in that sentence...
my bad
theboomeranga
theboomeranga

TORA Race Number : 31
PC Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7110
Registration date : 2011-12-02

https://www.facebook.com/NSR.Esports1

Back to top Go down

Post by PTG Chungus Wed 19 Oct 2016 - 9:47

Ugh its genreally boring Merc is getting quicker but the field is so spread it will just be a repeat of the trucks, One person makes a gap and keeps it all race Yawn
PTG Chungus
PTG Chungus

TORA Race Number : 666
Xbox 360 PC

Number of posts : 1569
Registration date : 2014-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by SGR Amber Wed 19 Oct 2016 - 10:18

That all depends really. But as a general rule a field will spread out during a race, that's what pace difference does.
SGR Amber
SGR Amber

TORA Race Number : 100
PC Playstation 4

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by XRS Carlos Wed 19 Oct 2016 - 14:55

I have a question about the starting grid on stints 2-6. What's the rule to determine the start position of each driver? The Qualify sessions times that we are going to do today and tomorrow or there will be a qualify session before each stint?

Sorry but after reading the Regulations thread i'm not sure about it. My english it's not good enough and maybe i'm loosing something.

XRS Carlos

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2016-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Miiraki Wed 19 Oct 2016 - 15:29

XRS CARLOS wrote:I have a question about the starting grid on stints 2-6. What's the rule to determine the start position of each driver? The Qualify sessions times that we are going to do today and tomorrow or there will be a qualify session before each stint?

Sorry but after reading the Regulations thread i'm not sure about it. My english it's not good enough and maybe i'm loosing something.
Its based on how far you have travelled in total
Miiraki
Miiraki

Xbox One Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by XRS Carlos Wed 19 Oct 2016 - 15:32

DJllama22 wrote:
XRS CARLOS wrote:I have a question about the starting grid on stints 2-6. What's the rule to determine the start position of each driver? The Qualify sessions times that we are going to do today and tomorrow or there will be a qualify session before each stint?

So, our Driver 2 starting position in stint 2 will be the same that the Driver 1 finished on the first stint?

That's the point i'm not understanding:

"The grid for each stint will be taken by the order in which you qualified in as we cannot always get the data quick enough to continue in your current positions"

XRS Carlos

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Miiraki Wed 19 Oct 2016 - 15:37

XRS CARLOS wrote:
DJllama22 wrote:

So, our Driver 2 starting position in stint 2 will be the same that the Driver 1 finished on the first stint?
Yeah, wherever the stint one driver finishes in stint 1 will be where driver 2 starts for stint 2. After that its based on distance travelled
That said in the bold quote is says that all stint starting positions are based on qualifing position. It can depend on how organised the hosts and stuff are
Miiraki
Miiraki

Xbox One Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by XRS Carlos Wed 19 Oct 2016 - 15:43

So driver 2 will start the race at the same point where driver 1 stopped on stint 1. Isn't it?

Sorry about that guys but i don't want to screw up the race lol!

XRS Carlos

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Yamagura Wed 19 Oct 2016 - 15:43

The rules say qualifying order for each stint.

It has been done in the past to start where the previous driver finished, but unless people are quick with taking all data and putting it into the sheet, we'll end up with delays. Gives more importance to a decent qualifying position.
SVR Yamagura
SVR Yamagura

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by SVR Yamagura Wed 19 Oct 2016 - 15:47

XRS CARLOS wrote:So driver 2 will start the race at the same point where driver 1 stopped on stint 1. Isn't it?

Sorry about that guys but i don't want to screw up the race lol!

Grid positions are usually read out to everyone in the lobby before the race, so you'll be ok. You just need to ask if you are unclear and someone will be able to help you.
SVR Yamagura
SVR Yamagura

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by XRS Carlos Wed 19 Oct 2016 - 15:50

HCR Mystic wrote:The rules say qualifying order for each stint.

It has been done in the past to start where the previous driver finished, but unless people are quick with taking all data and putting it into the sheet, we'll end up with delays. Gives more importance to a decent qualifying position.

That's what i was thinking. Then this qualify time for driver 2 where is it taken? From the Qualy sessions of today and tomorow or there will be a previous qualify session before each stint?

I'm asking because not all of my team mates speak english, so we need to have it clear. Even gamechat can fail so...

XRS Carlos

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Carrera Wed 19 Oct 2016 - 15:54

The fastest qualifying time from your team will be used, not the individual drivers.
For example driver x does a 2.01.222 and driver y does a 2.01.111 then the position of the car you will be driving is determined by driver y's time
F4H Carrera
F4H Carrera

TORA Race Number : 60
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Xyloto Wed 19 Oct 2016 - 15:58

F4H Carrera wrote:The fastest qualifying time from your team will be used, not the individual drivers.
For example driver x does a 2.01.222 and driver y does a 2.01.111 then the position of the car you will be driving is determined by driver y's time

Isn't it an average out of the two fastest times from your team that sets the starting order? Very Happy glad to get this hammered out BEFORE the race and not DURING lol!
F4H Xyloto
F4H Xyloto

TORA Race Number : 552
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 503
Registration date : 2014-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamWatson99 Wed 19 Oct 2016 - 16:47

It's done on a Average time basis

Say 2 drivers qualified  ( x & y). Then the two times of x & you will be added together to get an average time
But 3 drivers qualified (a, b & c). But b is slower then a & c then a & c times are added for the average.
AdamWatson99
AdamWatson99

TORA Race Number : 99
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2012-07-11

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Freheliaz Wed 19 Oct 2016 - 18:37

Do you people read the rules? It's all stated clearly in there.
Freheliaz
Freheliaz

TORA Race Number : 26
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2014-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by F4H Hakkinen Wed 19 Oct 2016 - 18:38

Freheliaz wrote:Do you people read the rules? It's all stated clearly in there.

My thoughts exactly! Come on Ash, get your [Censored] together! haha
F4H Hakkinen
F4H Hakkinen

TORA Race Number : 379
Number of posts : 1083
Registration date : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo 29x Wed 19 Oct 2016 - 18:48

Ash, what a rookie Razz

I still think grid order for stints 2-whatever is a crock of Poop but it is what it is, and I understand why the rule is in place.

Saturday should be a fun time, I love racing touring cars when I get the chance.

Diablo 29x

TORA Race Number : 29
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3628
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by XRS Carlos Wed 19 Oct 2016 - 19:41

Freheliaz wrote:Do you people read the rules? It's all stated clearly in there.

I have quoted the point that I don't understand. It's not clear. I still don't know what position may I start on the second race if my team mate has finished 5th (for example) on first stint.

The rule says this: "The grid for each stint will be taken by the order in which you qualified in as we cannot always get the data quick enough to continue in your current positions."

My question is simple. It means that my time on Q1 tonight will be the time taken to order the grid on stints 2-3-4-5 and6 ? There will be a qualify session before each stint? Or simply, I will start on the position that my team mate finishes the previous race?

XRS Carlos

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next