TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
TORA Spec Miata - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
TORA Spec Miata - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
TORA Spec Miata - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
TORA Spec Miata - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
TORA Spec Miata - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
TORA Spec Miata - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
TORA Spec Miata - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
TORA Spec Miata - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
TORA Spec Miata - General Discussion - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

TORA Spec Miata - General Discussion

+33
BG Wingnut396
WReXRacer
Noland35F
AbitableHawk90
PROD DTechR
JIM TacticaL365
LastNewtStandin
allanrocha89
HCR Karma
theboomeranga
Biggsy tv
MOPAR001
F4H Bullet
XPR Roadrunner
DeweyTee
Standaman94
F4H Stingray
Red Dirt Bandit
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Kane
F4H Lotterer
Rodolfotec
XPR WskeTango
RumbleBee 392
Ax4x Chaddy
ATP Wheelwash
silentalarm42
PLOW tubbi
AMR of the Apex
Richy59
JKGrizzle
HCR generaltso
Ax4x Mikey J
37 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

TORA Spec Miata - General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: TORA Spec Miata - General Discussion

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Mon 18 Feb 2013 - 17:40

Gregbie wrote:Mikey,,

Sorry to be a pain, but I dont seem to be showing any points for the first round i took part in sir,,,,could you have an investigate please??

Cheers,

Greg

Having done a review of each race, from sign In to final results, your name is not showing up in either the sign In or results for another race in the Miatas. But I remember that you did race a time or two in the IROC Porsche Series. And there was also a Miata race during the Winter Heat Series, the week of races between Christmas and New Years. Seeing as there wasn't much of a gap between Winter Heat and the Spec Miata World Series, perhaps that is where we are confusing things.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

TORA Race Number : 18
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 13800
Registration date : 2012-04-20

http://ax4x.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

TORA Spec Miata - General Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: TORA Spec Miata - General Discussion

Post by HCR Karma Mon 18 Feb 2013 - 17:54

Am sure it was this series chief, as i never ran in the winter heat one,,,mind u gave me the paint for it.

If there is no record just leave it man,,it was for fun anyways. But i defo took part in the first round at Tsukuba.
HCR Karma
HCR Karma

TORA Race Number : 530
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2012-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Mon 18 Feb 2013 - 18:07

I thought you were there too Embarassed

I have no idea why you aren't showing up in the results, but if I recall correctly you may not have signed "In", as I shot you the tune a few minutes before race time... the odd part is I also remember there being 15 in A Lobby, 14 in B Lobby, which the results show as well.

Was that the day your wheel went out and you backed out right before the race?
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Karma Mon 18 Feb 2013 - 18:33

nah,,i took part,,cant remember where i ended up if am honest,,but it was a good laugh regardless. Too many races under the bridge by this point,Smile

As i say,,if i have fallen through the gaps fear not. Am not really in the running for taking the title,lol

the wheel went the week after am sure,,as i put in the practice for it but decided not to take part for fear of wiping someone out.

As i say bud,,as long as u remember i was there as well it means am not cracking up,,hehehee

Greg Cheers
HCR Karma
HCR Karma

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Mon 18 Feb 2013 - 18:52

Maybe we are both thinking of practice? I know I had practice lobbies all week long that week, and some of them were full enough to be an actual race lobby, and had intense enough battles that it felt like an actual race.

Actually, most of the practice lobbies went better than that actual race meet went... as the race was full of crashes, restarts, more crashes, delays, and by the end of the night lots of bad feelings. In other words, the worst possible way to kick off what had been a very promising series. Sad
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 10:21

I won't be able to do qualifying on Thursday, does this have any impact on if I can race Friday?
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

TORA Race Number : 226
PC Xbox One

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2013-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by leobonilha Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 10:25

Sorry for my absence on Friday because I was without power here at home.

I hope that does not happen again, because it has happened again yesterday.

Neutral
leobonilha
leobonilha

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 15:34

Myles Prower wrote:I won't be able to do qualifying on Thursday, does this have any impact on if I can race Friday?

Qualifying also happens on Friday right before the race.
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Karma Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 15:49

leobonilha wrote:Sorry for my absence on Friday because I was without power here at home.

Neutral

sounds like you have bigger hassles than just missing the race my friend,,lol. Hope you get the problem sorted soon.

G Smile
HCR Karma
HCR Karma

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 18:24

leobonilha wrote:Sorry for my absence on Friday because I was without power here at home.

Neutral

Sorry you missed Friday's race, as it cost you a chance at the overall championship. Sad

Has it been stormy down there?
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by leobonilha Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 18:30

Flyin Mikey J wrote:

Neutral

Sorry you missed Friday's race, as it cost you a chance at the overall championship. Sad

Yes Flyin Mikey J ..... here in Brazil is strong and rainy season due to them, in some regions of São Paulo end up suffering from a lack of electricity. Crying or Very sad
leobonilha
leobonilha

Registration date : 2012-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 18:32

Myles Prower wrote:I won't be able to do qualifying on Thursday, does this have any impact on if I can race Friday?

The Thursday Qualifying idea was dropped as soon as I mentioned it. So as Bandit mentioned, Q is Friday at 12M GMT/7PM US Eastern.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Tue 19 Feb 2013 - 18:46

leobonilha wrote:
Flyin Mikey J wrote:

Neutral

Yes Flyin Mikey J ..... here in Brazil is strong and rainy season due to them, in some regions of São Paulo end up suffering from a lack of electricity. Crying or Very sad

That happens here from time to time, except I live in a small forest town so when the winds get strong or it snows too much, trees fall and knock down the power lines.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Wed 20 Feb 2013 - 8:38

I need the stickers for the Miata championship
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Thu 21 Feb 2013 - 5:57

^ FR sent via XBL.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Myles Thu 21 Feb 2013 - 8:33

You FR was full last time I tried
CQR Myles
CQR Myles

PC Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Thu 21 Feb 2013 - 9:06

I sent one Thursday.

On the chance that I sent the FR to someone with a similar name, I will try to remember to put the TORA Spec Miata decal on my Storefront for free, if it is not there already.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by WReXRacer Thu 21 Feb 2013 - 12:40

Pretty sure it is on your SF for free. I think that is how I got them.
WReXRacer
WReXRacer

Xbox One Xbox One

Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Karma Sat 23 Feb 2013 - 0:59

Hi Mikey,

Sorry, i decided to call it quits for the night,,kinda lost the motivation with the messing bout. Too much contact for my liking am afraid.

Cheers for putting on a good series though,,catch ya soon.
HCR Karma
HCR Karma

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 23 Feb 2013 - 3:09

Gregbie wrote: Too much contact for my liking am afraid.

Understood. The offending party in your wreck proceeded to wreck a few more cars throughout the first half of Race 2, leading me to call for a safety car period to send him to the rear of the field, ala NASCAR rules. He did not respond to repeated attempts to tell him why he was being penalized, nor did he heed the penalty. This forced a red flag, as in all backing out of the lobby at which time I ejected him from the event. Then we raced the final 7 laps incident free.

Whether it was excessive lag, or excessive aggressive driving, it was uncalled for and was dealt with accordingly. In doing so, I may have overstepped my boundaries as a TORA race/series host, and I am willing to discuss this matter with TORA staff.

Thanks to all who participated in the series, and I apologize for all the connectivity issues, the resulting delays and eventual race stoppage.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR DarthMario Sat 23 Feb 2013 - 3:58

i felt you dealt with it properly Mikey. if it had been a TASCAR event, i would have done the same.
LMR DarthMario
LMR DarthMario

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 8184
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Mikey J Sat 23 Feb 2013 - 4:14

^ I think i have seen it in the rules that failure to heed race marshals directions will not be tolerated and will be dealt with severely.

I tried to give him an appropriate penalty, being placed to the rear of the line, and he failed to respond, which resulted in the more severe penalty.

There is the off chance he did not have his headset on, but without informing the race host of that, is another violation of the rules.
Ax4x Mikey J
Ax4x Mikey J

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR Stevie Sat 23 Feb 2013 - 7:51

Thanks for a great series Mikey, felt a little aggrieved last night, but hey thiers nothing we can do about connections, I reset mine TWICE an still couldn't connect.

Done a system check and it said check XBox.com/systemalerts where thier was message saying; users may experience some difficulties with Xbox live etc.

So looks like they were working on the servers last light, bloody typical, did they not know It was the final round of the Miata's.
CQR Stevie
CQR Stevie

TORA Race Number : 971
Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2013-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR Karma Sat 23 Feb 2013 - 14:03

Flyin Mikey J wrote:
Gregbie wrote: Too much contact for my liking am afraid.

Understood. The offending party in your wreck proceeded to wreck a few more cars throughout the first half of Race 2, leading me to call for a safety car period to send him to the rear of the field, ala NASCAR rules. He did not respond to repeated attempts to tell him why he was being penalized, nor did he heed the penalty. This forced a red flag, as in all backing out of the lobby at which time I ejected him from the event. Then we raced the final 7 laps incident free.

Whether it was excessive lag, or excessive aggressive driving, it was uncalled for and was dealt with accordingly. In doing so, I may have overstepped my boundaries as a TORA race/series host, and I am willing to discuss this matter with TORA staff.

Thanks to all who participated in the series, and I apologize for all the connectivity issues, the resulting delays and eventual race stoppage.

Hi Mikey,

Thanks for the response, and on hearing your actions I am 100% with your decision. I cant see how you would fall foul of anyone for your actions as you were doing your best to ensure a fair even racing environment to all, you issued a warning and a penality, and it was not headed, so you had little choice but remove that person by whatever means needed. Its often a stressful job being an event CO(as u know i feel your pain in this,,lol) and can lead you into situations of conflict, but you dealt with it correctly in my opinion.

Anyways,,cheers again for all the work you put in sir and I look forward to catching up with you soon. Smile

Thanks to everyone who took part, i had some great racing along the way and chatted to some nice folk, so not a bad result after all.

Greg Cheers
HCR Karma
HCR Karma

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Bandit Sat 23 Feb 2013 - 16:38

It was good fun driving this twirky cars, but it was a frustrating for me trying to deal with driving with no line. At least I got a Top 10 points finish! Very Happy

Nice officiating Mikey and hope the GT300 is better!
Ax4x Bandit
Ax4x Bandit

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 4104
Registration date : 2012-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next