TORA - The Online Racing Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» ANNOUNCING EZT MOTORSPORT SPECRACING SERIES 2 (FM)
Project CARS. - Page 24 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024 - 16:59 by EZT Neo 45

» Nasal8405 Bout Me
Project CARS. - Page 24 EmptySun 21 Apr 2024 - 10:12 by EZT MAKO 6669

» New to League Racing!
Project CARS. - Page 24 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 15:18 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Returning driver IBlueIJaBBRexI
Project CARS. - Page 24 EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 14:53 by EZT MAKO 6669

» Hello
Project CARS. - Page 24 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2023 - 0:25 by Rudie

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Stints
Project CARS. - Page 24 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:04 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Qualifying
Project CARS. - Page 24 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 22:00 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Live Timing
Project CARS. - Page 24 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:57 by zrolizac

» NAFFCAR Enduro - Carlist and Build Rules
Project CARS. - Page 24 EmptyThu 2 Nov 2023 - 21:50 by zrolizac

Facebook

Project CARS.

+80
EVR Chiraq
pontiacfan05
Hainesy
BG Wumba
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
AndyT306
DSRL Webbers88
Crisis Nine
Warspite 1996
OneBIGkicker
CQR Rogue
SorrySmithy
Ianmr
GLR Asteroid
Godric VXR
Simply Law
DeweyTee
CredibleWizard
LRT Stubbsy
CQR Jono
hillcrest34
LMR Hybrid
LMP Dragon
ART Carrera
BaronGreenbacke
Pebb
LMR DarthMario
Fazed Intro
CTM AnonCaliga
RW26 BLAZE
SVR Solar
Hailfire97x
DonatedSatyr227
Morne in Glory
Capt10 Morgan
Richy59
II AntR II
HCR Motorhead
CQR CHRiS
HCR Bellmond
henkymetcola
EZT MAKO 6669
WhiteTrashStig1
jonnotheone
FSR Groves
EZT Coot
F4H EGGY
paul299
XPR Roadrunner
F4H Button
theboomeranga
Diablo 29x
F4H Hakkinen
HCR Skodaboie
Speed Dem0n 64
xVampirAx
Ax4x Broomz
HCR generaltso
ShrinkingSteven
MaynardMK4
LMR Deftone MX
XXX Skyrocket
TLR Scrublord
Dominic Mako
skyshadow5
Standaman94
Blacky Mojo
Turbo Power 77
Ax4x Kane
CQR MAGiC
LMR Sahara
TechnologicMau5
Freheliaz
Zeta0085
CQR Myles
LMR Zakspeed
RumbleBee 392
AMR of the Apex
Ax4x Mikey J
Matt
84 posters

Page 24 of 28 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down

Project CARS. - Page 24 Empty Re: Project CARS.

Post by Standaman94 Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 14:49

Sounds like they're just adding the content that was in the Alpha versions
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 14:53

Sounds good! If I can ever get the controller settings dialed in this game would be a blast.

Can anyone explain what the speed sensitivity and the control filtering does, and how it effects the feel of the controller? I can't seem to find any suitable explanations on the forums.
EZT MAKO 6669
EZT MAKO 6669

TORA Race Number : 163
Xbox 360 Xbox One

Number of posts : 4314
Registration date : 2014-08-05

http://www.eztmotorsport.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 15:36

Standaman94 wrote:Sounds like they're just adding the content that was in the Alpha versions

That exactly what I thought the icons pack was going to be, but I guess the Bentley gourd jumped priority over the other existing ones lol
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 3126
Registration date : 2012-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR MAGiC Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 16:00

EZT MAKO 6669 wrote:Sounds good! If I can ever get the controller settings dialed in this game would be a blast.

Can anyone explain what the speed sensitivity and the control filtering does, and how it effects the feel of the controller? I can't seem to find any suitable explanations on the forums.

Speed sensitivity affects how quickly the wheels turn in relation to how far you move the stick. The number relates to a 'gamma curve', where the default value of 50 is a linear 1:1 relationship - so the wheels turn in a progressive way through the stick travel.

Setting the value lower, e.g. 25, means you have a 'slower/lower' gamma curve, so the initial movement of the stick moves the wheels less, and that movement steadily increases the further you move the stick (will feel LESS twitchy).

Setting the value higher, e.g. 75, means you have a 'faster/higher' gamma curve, so the initial movement of the stick moves the wheels more, and that movement steadily decreases the further you move the stick (will feel MORE twitchy).

As an example gamma curve, 50 would be the red line, blue would be 25, pink 75 etc.

Project CARS. - Page 24 Gamma_Curves_5_Featured

Controller Filtering Sensitivity smooths out the steering inputs - so if you make lots of rapid adjustments it will 'filter' out those adjustments making it feel smoother, but at the expense of 'feel', it will feel duller and not so responsive.

As for the new content being stuff 'from the Alpha' - well everything in the game is from alpha at some point, it just depends on what was able to be finished in time for the launch. Tracks and cars take many, many months to model and complete, some were finished in time for launch, those that aren't weren't just dumped, they're still be worked on and will be released as part of Project CARS On Demand.

5 brand new racing cars for the price of Big Mac is pretty damn good value Smile
CQR MAGiC
CQR MAGiC

Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2014-12-29

http://www.cqrclub.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Fazed Intro Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 17:16

I'd take that Big Mac though
Fazed Intro
Fazed Intro

TORA Race Number : 995
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2013-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR MAGiC Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 17:20

If McDonald's made games  Laughing

Project CARS. - Page 24 11401210
CQR MAGiC
CQR MAGiC

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 17:26

So true Wink
But it comes with the modern business model I think.
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 18:24

Thank you Magic, that is a HUGE help!! I played around with the settings this morning and got a lot closer to something I'm more comfortable with. I started season 2 in the Clio cup and actually enjoyed myself racing the first event. Even managed to pull off an 11th place finish in race two at Donnington! Not great I know, but a good race for me so far. Now to start working on understanding the tuning in this game.
EZT MAKO 6669
EZT MAKO 6669

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Standaman94 Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 18:30

I've learnt something new today... I had thought that the speed sensitivity was to do with the actual speed you're travelling, so that it is less fidgety on the straights but still had the responsiveness in the tight corners
Standaman94
Standaman94

TORA Race Number : 94
Xbox One Xbox 360

Number of posts : 7383
Registration date : 2010-07-14

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 19:09

Thanks is for the chart Magic, helps a lot. Hope I can tweak my settings cuz I dread playing this game now.

So cars like the Audi DTM took 3 years to make?

Last edited by XPR Soundwave on Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 19:47; edited 1 time in total
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR MAGiC Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 19:45

Standaman94 wrote:I've learnt something new today... I had thought that the speed sensitivity was to do with the actual speed you're travelling, so that it is less fidgety on the straights but still had the responsiveness in the tight corners

No, your original understanding was correct Stan - I was actually talking about the Steering Sensitivity setting before not Speed Sensitivity setting which Mako asked for (too many damn 'S's lol), that'll teach me posting in a rush Very Happy

Steering Sensitivity is as I posted before, 50 is 1:1 linear and then either slower or faster initial turning as you decrease/increase the slider.

Speed Sensitivity (get it right this time!), is as you say, as the speed increases the amount of lock decrease, setting of 50 gives a linear relationship, increasing it higher reduces the steering lock the higher the speed goes - set it too high and the car just wont have enough lock in faster corners and understeers too much.

Sorry for the confusion! If people are struggling pad settings, try setting it back to Mode 3 default (scroll to the bottom and flick to Mode 2 and then back to Mode 3 and that'll reset it back to Mode 3 defaults). So that gives you a good basic setup:

Steering Sensitivity - 50
Speed Sensitivity - 65
Controller Filtering - 0

If that then feels too twitchy, make minor adjustments until it feels more like what you want - so 45 Steering, 70 Speed for example. Give it a good few laps too in a few different cars, until the tyres are warmed up it can be difficult to know for sure if it's a good/bad change.

Also remember you can adjust the actual steering ratio of each individual car - you can either make the steering faster or slower (it's in the car setup screen), make the rack/ratio slower will make the steering less responsive and less twitchy, so it's getting that balance between controller settings and car setup, once you find what works for you it plays very well.
CQR MAGiC
CQR MAGiC

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR MAGiC Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 19:48

XPR Soundwave wrote:Tha is for the chart Myles, helps a lot. Hope I can tweak my settings cuz I dread playing this game now.

So cars like the Audi DTM took 3 years to make?

Sadly they couldn't get the licence for the Audi DTM, it was one of the earliest cars built (think was called the Asano X4). There's a track that had to be dropped too due to licencing issues, hopefully that will appear in the future too!
CQR MAGiC
CQR MAGiC

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR MAGiC Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 19:49

EZT MAKO 6669 wrote:Thank you Magic, that is a HUGE help!! I played around with the settings this morning and got a lot closer to something I'm more comfortable with. I started season 2 in the Clio cup and actually enjoyed myself racing the first event. Even managed to pull off an 11th place finish in race two at Donnington! Not great I know, but a good race for me so far. Now to start working on understanding the tuning in this game.

The Clio is one of the hardest cars on the pad for me - have you tried something like the Formula Gulf, it's a great car to learn the game on, high grip, handles well and a lot of fun!
CQR MAGiC
CQR MAGiC

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 19:50

Magic, the I my issue I kept having when I changed the controller it only helped me drive the one car I was in. Then made the rest feel even worse.

Fixed my last post, thanks for the insight Magic.
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR MAGiC Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 19:59

Yeah it can be tricky finding something that feels good for everything - the karts especially are quite unique. I've found default mode 3 with slightly lowered steering sensitivity (40-45) works well across most cars (FWD can still be a handful though). And then individually change the steering ratio on each car, slowing it down a few clicks. Our wheel users do the same too, so I think it's more that it gives it more of a Forza feel cos thats works for them too. Remember that tunes are track specific too, so you need set your preferred steering ratio for each track (or save the tune to all tracks in the Garage section).

Oh, and make sure you've done the controller update on the dashboard too, that can make a huge difference to the way the pad feels. I see the new Xbox One controllers launching this month (with 3.5mm headphone socket) will be updated wirelessly, no need to plug in a cable and manually update.
CQR MAGiC
CQR MAGiC

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 20:07

If I'm bored I'll try to pick it back up and tweak some more.

I still prefer Forza, where I don't have to change the configuration for every car. 

Just sucks
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR MAGiC Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 20:13

Hopefully you find some settings you like for the majority of cars - I don't really change my steering settings now since the v1.3 patch, they feel OK for most cars, from Formula Rookie, Clio, GT3, Formula Gulf, Formula C etc. I just using the steering ratio adjustment on the car itself (which is just another tuning option, like Diff, Aero, Gears etc). There is TOO much configurability in Project CARS sometimes, it can be quite bewildering to know exactly what to change and where - you could easily spend a week changing settings without even driving on the track Very Happy
CQR MAGiC
CQR MAGiC

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt10 Morgan Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 20:51

CQR MAGiC wrote:Hopefully you find some settings you like for the majority of cars - I don't really change my steering settings now since the v1.3 patch, they feel OK for most cars, from Formula Rookie, Clio, GT3, Formula Gulf, Formula C etc. I just using the steering ratio adjustment on the car itself (which is just another tuning option, like Diff, Aero, Gears etc). There is TOO much configurability in Project CARS sometimes, it can be quite bewildering to know exactly what to change and where - you could easily spend a week changing settings without even driving on the track Very Happy

This is why I suck (even MORE than on Forza, lol). I refuse to spend that much time OFF the track. I'm just driving everything stock cause I don't have the patience for this.
Capt10 Morgan
Capt10 Morgan

TORA Race Number : 426
Xbox One Playstation 4

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 21:42

CQR MAGiC wrote:Hopefully you find some settings you like for the majority of cars - I don't really change my steering settings now since the v1.3 patch, they feel OK for most cars, from Formula Rookie, Clio, GT3, Formula Gulf, Formula C etc. I just using the steering ratio adjustment on the car itself (which is just another tuning option, like Diff, Aero, Gears etc). There is TOO much configurability in Project CARS sometimes, it can be quite bewildering to know exactly what to change and where - you could easily spend a week changing settings without even driving on the track Very Happy

I know exactly what you are saying. Which sucks cuz I loose a lot of the fun aspect or driving enjoyment. 

Cap10 dragged me on last night for some achievement hunting, and I felt I got even slower or worse at driving. The only GT3 car I've been able to drive somewhat fast and consistent is the RUF, but it still feels off.

I'm gonna activate ABS as well, maybe find some ease in the driving.
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by HCR generaltso Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 21:54

CQR MAGiC wrote:There's a track that had to be dropped too due to licencing issues

COTA?
HCR generaltso
HCR generaltso

TORA Race Number : 12
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 5771
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by CQR MAGiC Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 23:37

Mugello (was called Florence during alpha development)

CQR MAGiC
CQR MAGiC

Xbox One Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Post by RumbleBee 392 Wed 10 Jun 2015 - 0:08

I totally forgot about that one...
RumbleBee 392
RumbleBee 392

Xbox One PC

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT MAKO 6669 Wed 10 Jun 2015 - 2:12

CQR MAGiC wrote:
EZT MAKO 6669 wrote:Thank you Magic, that is a HUGE help!! I played around with the settings this morning and got a lot closer to something I'm more comfortable with. I started season 2 in the Clio cup and actually enjoyed myself racing the first event. Even managed to pull off an 11th place finish in race two at Donnington! Not great I know, but a good race for me so far. Now to start working on understanding the tuning in this game.

The Clio is one of the hardest cars on the pad for me - have you tried something like the Formula Gulf, it's a great car to learn the game on, high grip, handles well and a lot of fun!

When I started the career mode I picked the Clio because you can drive the balls off those cars in Forza. Since then I have learned they are one of the more difficult cars to get right. Who would have thought, right? geek I've only tried a few other cars so far, but now that I have things a bit better I will start exploring some more. I did really like the Merc SLS in GT3. Might do a weekend in that just for something different.
EZT MAKO 6669
EZT MAKO 6669

Xbox 360 Xbox One

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Wed 10 Jun 2015 - 10:37

It's a bit of a double edged sword because of course you need slightly different settings for the tracks but then each car has (quite rightly) different handling too.
I've stuck with Mode 3 and just dropped it down a little bit as you suggest Mark.

Shame they didn't get to keep Mugello but it's in AC I think and I'm sure we'll get it back in Forza at some point. I always found the short track produced way closer racing than the full circuit which tended to get the field spread out a bit.
Still, plenty to look forward to down the line.
Also noticed just how right they got the slightly pearl paint scheme on the Bentley. Brilliant work!
Matt
Matt

TORA Race Number : 10
Xbox One PC

Number of posts : 14648
Registration date : 2008-08-05

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Mako Wed 10 Jun 2015 - 16:21

As mentioned above, the Formula Gulf car really is one of the easiest and most fun car to drive with no assists on.

I still struggle a bit with the steering feeling a bit imprecise anyway. I also find you don't get as much feeling of throttle and brake control in Pcars. It's difficult to feather the throttle to keep up the revs through a turn. I'm either all on or all off the gas, which tends to make every car understeer when I get on the throttle again. Tap tap tap on the steering and tap tap tap on the gas takes a bit away from the sim experience.
Dominic Mako
Dominic Mako

TORA Race Number : 428
Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2013-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 28 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next